Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Uwem Akpan: The New Kid On The Block. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Uwem Akpan: The New Kid On The Block. (783 Views)

Check Out This Link.....#a New Kid On The Block / Say You're One Of Them By Uwem Akpan Is Oprah's Latest Book Club / Lisa Gardner; New Kid On D Block (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uwem Akpan: The New Kid On The Block. by goodiz(m): 3:57pm On May 11, 2009
though i'm yet to read his new book with the inspiring title: Say You Are One of Them, the review of this book by The Washington Post had me seriously salivating. if you've read any of his books, please share your experience with me
Re: Uwem Akpan: The New Kid On The Block. by ayomorocco(f): 11:40pm On May 13, 2009
He only has the one book and it is pretty good. It is an anthology of short stories and the title of the book is taken from an instruction given by a mother to her daughter in the 2007 Caine Prize shortlisted story called "My Parents' Bedroom" which was published in the prestigious 'The New Yorker' Magazine. He has another story in the Newyorker too titled "An Ex-Mas Feast". You can read them both online if you have no access to the book.

(1) (Reply)

Two Poems From My Teenager Days / Hotest Valentine Love Quotes / Sticks And Stones:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.