Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,590 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features (761 Views)

Samsung Replaces Microsd Card With UFS 2.0 / Airtel Scraps 1hr Night Plan And 5hrs Night Plan / Who Invented The 'likes' We Use On Social Media And Forums? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Techspecular(m): 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sorry twitter users, the 'favourites' feature has been scraped out by the social network. And with so doing, the star icon that depicted the favourites feature is also gone - Bummer. It has been replaced with the 'Likes' features for whatever reason - Hello Twitter, copying Facebook and Instagram much?. The Like feature is depicted by a heart icon.

The social network says people prefer hearts more than stars but that doesn't mean they should scrap out the 'Favourites' feature *my thoughts*. In a blog post by the network, "the heart is more expressive, enabling you to convey a range of emotions and easily connect with people" is what they had to say. Twitter also stated the hearts icon is also coming to Vine, an enterprise owned by twitter.

So, the Like feature and its associated Heart icon have debuted on the Twitter website, TweetDeck, Twitter for Windows, Android And IOS. It will soon hit Twitter for Mac soon. Hopefully within the week.

www.techspecular.com

Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Ebubeslym(m): 11:07pm On Nov 03, 2015
Great one.
all social networking sites are begining to look alike.
Mack Zuckerberg's Internet.com programe is gradually tilting towards success.

#interconnected
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Techspecular(m): 11:10pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ebubeslym:
Great one.
Soon all social networking sites will merge.
Mack Zuckerberg's Internet.com programe is gradually tilting towards success.

#interconnected

I don't see that happening o
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by VickyRotex(f): 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2015
cool

But if dem like make dem turn am to "Triangular shape"

Ko kan mi undecided

Been a while I checked out my Twitter account sef.
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Techspecular(m): 11:13pm On Nov 03, 2015
VickyRotex:
cool

But if dem like make dem turn am to "Triangular shape"

Ko kan mi undecided

Been a while I checked out my Twitter account sef.

Me too... That thing has gadad dust
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by VickyRotex(f): 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2015
Techspecular:

Me too... That thing has gadad dust

Hehehehe
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Tintinnoty(m): 5:27am On Nov 04, 2015
like or favourite which do you prefer?
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 04, 2015
Tintinnoty:
like or favourite which do you prefer?
None.. all we need is an edit button ffs!!!
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Techspecular(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2015
dozmandon:

I prefer the favourites to like, they are just copying FB.
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Youngpo413: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2015
Nice
Re: Twitter Scraps Out The Favourites Feature, Replaces It With The Likes Features by Tintinnoty(m): 7:38am On Nov 04, 2015
dozmandon:

edit button shouldn't be a big problem you can always delete and retweet

(1) (Reply)

Has MTN Gone Sober? / Huawei P9 Leaked With Dual Camera Feature / Samsung Galaxy S5 Gold Original For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.