Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,538 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month (1376 Views)

Xiaomi Is Bringing The Mi5s With A Wowing Performance Check Out The Specs / Xiaomi Smartphone Enters These African Countries This Month. / Xiaomi Is The Apple Of China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by Engnrcollins(m): 12:36am On Nov 04, 2015
Xiaomi global strategy director made it known that they are planning to expand their business in three different african countries and the countries are, Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa. Though Xiaomi said that they wont stop in just these three mentioned countries that they will keep on expanding to other African countries.

The smartphones will start rolling out in the middle of November with MIA (Mobile In Africa ) as the full distributor.

Source: http://www.iykeblog.com/2015/11/xiaomi-is-coming-to-nigeria-kenya-south.html
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by sigmundfreud(m): 4:05am On Nov 04, 2015
Techno/infinix should start packing.
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by Maximum83: 6:10am On Nov 04, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Techno/infinix should start packing.
Lol, Tecno and Infinix have been providing affordable phones in Nigeria for years now. Tecno mobile understand the African mobile market more than any OEM. I haven't seen the strategy Xiaomi is going to use to be relevant here. Gionee is still struggling, let's wait and see

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 04, 2015
Maximum83:

Lol, Tecno and Infinix have been providing affordable phones in Nigeria for years now. Tecno mobile understand the African mobile market more than any OEM. I haven't seen the strategy Xiaomi is going to use to be relevant here. Gionee is still struggling, let's wait and see
Xiaomi phones are premium and guess what?
They are affordable, incredibly cheap

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by lukmoore: 7:15am On Nov 04, 2015
Maximum83:

infinix is even trying at least they do provide update for many of their phones. Tecno is poo!!!
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by Mustack: 7:21am On Nov 04, 2015
Maximum83:

this man is sleeping. xiomi known as MI is an exceptional company. they have proven so many company wrong such as Samsung and HTC. MI phone is incredibly cheap strong durable long lasting batteries also with elites of designs. not only that they have upto date OS and they roll out OTA at quickest available time..
I have been on there tail for a while and after dumping my current phone JIAYU S3 which is another machine from jiayu, I will go for MI..
jiayu get everything right but only fail to roll out OTA...
more to it, MI have blown many other smart phone out of the benchmark with there intelligent survey.
infinix and tecno should start worming on because it will know be a open marathon.
expecialy that tecno with there over priced plastic phone. smhh

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by Youngpo413: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2015
Until then,when they come,they should advertise their products wella o cos "T" have captured the heart of many Nigerians and I don't know why?...I'm not a fan o,its just an observation.
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by sigmundfreud(m): 10:04am On Nov 04, 2015
Maximum83:

At least both of us know that their specs are better...that's the first strategy.
I will leave the rest to their very capable marketing department that have given specs like HTC, apple, Samsung etc. a good run for their money.
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by Engnrcollins(m): 12:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
The competition is getting stronger and that will for sure notify our OEMs to aim higher in other retain their footings, give us smartphones with smart specs and lesser price tag cheesy. The coming of Xiaomi ,the apple of china as most people call it will be something else..................rugged phones with lesser price
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by cheeksman: 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
k for kettle

we never enjoy our tecno @ gionee phones finish abeg
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Maximum83:

Yea. The only way to penetrate into Nigeria market entails price and quality product. They should have different market segment for their product ranging from low to high phones. Secondly they should have a care centre to resolve issues relating to their phones. Thirdly they should carry out promotional package that will lure people to buy their products. What are those features that will make me leave infinix,tecno or samsung to buy Xiaomi phone? They should bear it in mind that the market is saturated,so they should study their competitor's strength,weakness and opportunities available at their disposal.
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by teelaweee(m): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
cheeksman:
k for kettle

we never enjoy our tecno @ gionee phones finish abeg

Did you say gionee? That thing wey resemble China version of Tecno. Na infinix and Tecno go show xiaomi pepper for naija market
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by teelaweee(m): 7:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
But sey na new brands we need for our phone market ni? The wans wey don dey make dem understand wetin customers need make dem deliver na.
Re: Xiaomi Is Coming To Nigeria And Two Other African Countries This Month by teelaweee(m): 6:02am On Feb 22, 2016
lukmoore:
infinix is even trying at least they do provide update for many of their phones. Tecno is poo!!!
yeah i dont think xiaomi will bother tecno cause so far tecno phones are the best

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Code That Unsubscribe You All Their Service / Should Ntel Be Scared?: Mtn Plans To Roll Out 4g Lte From July, 2016. / How To Get Free 100mb Data On MTN Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.