Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard (14472 Views)

Rivers Assembly Passes N470b 2017 Budget Into Law / Labour Leaders Risk 6-month Jail Term Over NLC Strike —FG / FG Now Funds IDP Camps In Borno, Says Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by mescapee: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2015
Aufbauh:
This is one of the reasons i have not taken the opposition party PDP seriously.
Most of the economic backslashes we are experiencing now was inherited. The opposition will be quick to point out how bad our economy has degenerated forgetting that some of us are more intelligent and reasonable to know that the economy of a nation does not start crashing in a matter of months. It is a build up of failed policies and programmes cluelessly initiated or poorly implemented.
They're always quick to point to the positives of this present administration as a programme conceived and initiated by the GEJ but will distance themselves from the mess they created. What a hypocrisy!
Nigerians have no option than to wait patiently for PMB led administration as he clean the aurgen table left behind by the crooked and perversed government of GEJ.
To set the record straight, more than 50%of this debt was carried over from the previous government making the present administration to start from an indebted position.

So you want to tell me that this present administration is already owing almost 50% of the gross in 5months plus shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by mescapee: 10:22am On Nov 04, 2015
coldsummer:

This is what they fail to understand. They think playing opposition is about fighting a meaningless fight. Whatever happens, Jonathan caused the nosedive we are experiencing. His carelessness was epic

Continue blaming him.

If you are a landlord, will you continue blaming a tenant who has packed out of your house for its present condition even if he did some damages?

I foresee a situation where the blame game will continue until the 4 years elapses.

You will agree with me that if this same blame game was adopted when IBB and Abacha left office, we would have been way way behind.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by drnoel: 10:57am On Nov 04, 2015
HerexG:
Government no be moi moi, APC don dey experience the real challenge that lies in governance

They made government look like rice and beans with their sweets talks during their champaign

The reality will dawn on them soon. I pity Nigerians and the so called Change they were screaming during the elections cos na the common man go suffer. U know how disappointment sets in when the Realisation that u have made a grave mistake hits u @nigerian#onechancebuss#economy

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by BushidoBlue(m): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2015
Nelkoko:
E b like say na with ur pilingi u dey take tink

grin grin grin

Pilingi.... hahahahahahaha
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by henrysam(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2015
omenka:
We know you guys are totally brainless, but sometimes, it helps to pretend you actually have brains.

This means they are being owed 15 months pay and out of those months, your useless party was in power for 10 of those months.

Such a pity one has to share the world with nonentities like you lot.
You are talking as if GEJ did not inherit subsidy money from Yara dua.
Government is continuum and that is how it will continue.
When GEJ said subsidy should be removed. People in the south occupied Nigeria
Now who feels it knows it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Brightology2(m): 11:13am On Nov 04, 2015
Ode. There is scarcity in my area too
benedictnsi:

Abeg, which timid village you d live sef gringrin
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by benedictnsi(m): 11:16am On Nov 04, 2015
Brightology2:
Ode. There is scarcity in my area too

Olodo, you never still tell me the name of your own village
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Exceller(m): 11:28am On Nov 04, 2015
Nigerians easily likes to blame government for everything... Were you not the same people that carried placards and protested that petroleum products should continue to be subsidized when it was removed by the past administration....Now you are complaining.... The same people that instigated that protest did it for their personal interest because of the billions they were making...The problem with our country is illiteracy and ignorance even for those who claim they are educated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by jonuel1(m): 11:34am On Nov 04, 2015
Aufbauh:
This is one of the reasons i have not taken the opposition party PDP seriously.
Most of the economic backslashes we are experiencing now was inherited. The opposition will be quick to point out how bad our economy has degenerated forgetting that some of us are more intelligent and reasonable to know that the economy of a nation does not start crashing in a matter of months. It is a build up of failed policies and programmes cluelessly initiated or poorly implemented.
They're always quick to point to the positives of this present administration as a programme conceived and initiated by the GEJ but will distance themselves from the mess they created. What a hypocrisy!
Nigerians have no option than to wait patiently for PMB led administration as he clean the aurgen table left behind by the crooked and perversed government of GEJ.
To set the record straight, more than 50%of this debt was carried over from the previous government making the present administration to start from an indebted position.

Doesn't make sense!
Have you forgotten APC said subsidy is a scam?
I guess the reality of governance has dawn on them.
Let me remind you, the people shouting change now, where were they before now?
You might want to credit TSA as a success right?
Were the procedure on disburstment made before implementing TSA?
TSA implementation was wrong because procedures of disburstment of fund were not properly done.
When you collect revenue and the disbursement plan is faulty, how do you get projects done which will impact the lives of people?
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by henrysam(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2015
The way APC is going about ruling this country. The economy will be so bastardised that Somalia will be a play for Nigeria.
God forbid bad thing. Buhari should wake up but the problem I see is age is not on his side and he still believes he can do all things.
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by jonuel1(m): 11:36am On Nov 04, 2015
omenka:
We know you guys are totally brainless, but sometimes, it helps to pretend you actually have brains.

This means they are being owed 15 months pay and out of those months, your useless party was in power for 10 of those months.

Why are you so senseless?
I thought your party said subsidy is a scam?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by jonuel1(m): 11:38am On Nov 04, 2015
coldsummer:

This is what they fail to understand. They think playing opposition is about fighting a meaningless fight. Whatever happens, Jonathan caused the nosedive we are experiencing. His carelessness was epic

For how long will you blame GEJ?
You wanted power without having a plan.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by jonuel1(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2015
obailala:

Can you imagine the senselessness of these PDPians and Jonathanians?

Just imagine some of these airheads rejoicing and blaming the new government for a debt of which 80% of it was accrued by their useless administration since August 2014?
undecided

What a brainless head.
If the outgone govt was owing, must you continue the trend?
Why haven't you paid yours?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by persius555(m): 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
For 16 years, the PDP led govt made over 600 billion dollars from crude oil, but it never saw any need to build not even a single 1 billion dollar refinery.

As for PMB, we are running out of patients to see your plans to get this nation out of this economic mess. Better start acting fast.
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by obailala(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
jonuel1:

What a brainless head.
The new government is still getting used to being in power; besides, the nation is still running on the budget of 2015 which was created by the old government. Wait for 2016.

...and by the way, you are obviously the brainless head for rejoicing that a new government has not yet paid off all the evil debts accrued by a useless past government.
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by dwesternmall: 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruiting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to careers@westernmall.co.uk
or go to http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers to apply

Make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!
More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by onatisi(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
saintopus:

One of their campaign slogan by many of their members then was that Fuel subsidy was a scam.
But it has increased remarkably.
Deregulation is the way forward
when gej said deregulation was the only best option for nigeria ,apc were the first and most vocal opposition voice to see saying there was no need for it. Now they are faced with the real situation and there is no one to blame now and they have seen that the nation needs to deregulate but the problem they are facing now is how will they tell Nigerians that the policy they vehemently opposed to 3 years ago is the policy they want yo implement now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by AyoolaIgwe(m): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I don't expect them to. smiley

Largely because oil prices were elevated.....and the money ws rolling in. We were there before....in the 1970's, 1991 and now recently.
Really? So u are saying dat oil price dropped under Buhari's watch?? lolzzzzz... Nigeria began to experience oil shock in 2014 and not second quarter of 2015. If oil money is not flowing in, are there no oda means of generating income Buhay talked solo much about our dependence on oil, so wot is he doing to diversify d economy since he is there now?? Or is he clueless?? Respond to d issues I have raised.

Then we have to amend it. We no longer have the money because the price of oil has dropped. Oil subsidy is sustainable only when prices are good....it isn't when prices fall.
we should amend d constitution to syrike-out subsidy? lolzzzzz. Ur father must be d CEO of a bank. Be4 u talk about removing subsidy d govt should first boost d standard of living of d indigent who make up d majority of our population. Dat time subsidy may be removed. Subsidy is one thing dat every Nigerian benefits from d govt, which is a right anyway.

Come again, ?
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by BushidoBlue(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
TechWalker007:

When you think you've seen the lowest of dumbness, [size=18pt]then comes Omenka[/size].

In 6 months, Buhari acquired more than 60% of the debt. GEJ/PDP did the lesser %age in 5 years.

Some of you will defend Buhari even if you eventually queue up to buy "essential commodities" like we did in his first time as Head of state.
Pathetic lots!

The guy no dey tire to display dumbness... I just dey laugh am dey read him comments at times.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by BushidoBlue(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2015
persius555:
For 16 years, the PDP led govt made over 600 billion dollars from crude oil, but it never saw any need to build not even a single 1 billion dollar refinery.

As for PMB, we are [b]running out of patients [/b]to see your plans to get this nation out of this economic mess. Better start acting fast.

How many doctors ran out of patients in your post?
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by nairasegun: 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2015
470bns !!!!!, this is much, why must they wait this long to react.
If Govt is owing them this much truely then wahalla dey o. I pray God will give PMB wisdom to handle this matters that are arising.
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by princejayboss: 12:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
coldsummer:

What will one do for you Nigerians and you will be ok.... I guess you were one of those who took to street to protest GEJ plan to remove subsidy and go for deregulation of the downstream.. I never seen a country like Nigeria..... One day we will sure realize that GEJ is the only leader we ever had and will ever gonna die..... Until we reap off ourselves this cancer called political godfathers by either killing them all or sending every political ex military to prison..... I know you will not understand this point but if you are quite sincere and less bias you know the truth

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Waladade4luv(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
benedictnsi:

Abeg, which timid village you d live sef gringrin

i live 1500km above the sea level
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by fm7070: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
At first, they said there is nothing like subsidy.
Now they can feel the reality of of it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Forwetinnah: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
obailala:

Can you imagine the senselessness of these PDPians and Jonathanians?

Just imagine some of these airheads rejoicing and blaming the new government for a debt of which 80% of it was accrued by their useless administration since August 2014?
undecided

Nigga!! Take a nap!! Has Booooohari paid any subsidy since May?? Let him clear up the ones in his tenure first. Rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Forwetinnah: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
jonuel1:

What a brainless head.

I wonder. .very shameless set of people!! GEJ don hear for their mouth. The level of corruption going on now is EPIC!! GEJ and the past administration is their perfect distraction. They preached Change...yet they're worse!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Forwetinnah: 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
henrysam:
The way APC is going about ruling this country. The economy will be so bastardised that Somalia will be a play for Nigeria.
God forbid bad thing. Buhari should wake up but the problem I see is age is not on his side and he still believes he can do all things.

http://scannewsnigeria.com/featured-post/buharis-administrative-inadequacies-destroying-nigeria/

even his people are complaining yet some Westerners are here singing useless praise

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Forwetinnah: 1:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
mescapee:
[/b]

So you want to tell me that this present administration is already owing almost 50% of the gross in 5months plus shocked shocked shocked

You can imagine. ...i keep saying it. In trying to rubbish GEJ, these Dundees just keep exposing themselves. What has Buhari been using Nigeria's money for

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
AyoolaIgwe:
So u are saying dat oil price dropped under Buhari's watch?? lolzzzzz... Nigeria began to experience oil shock in 2014 and not second quarter of 2015. If oil money is not flowing in, are there no oda means of generating income Buhay talked solo much about our dependence on oil, so wot is he doing to diversify d economy since he is there now?? Or is he clueless?? Respond to d issues I have raised.

(Disclaimer....I do not back APC. My loyalty is to my country and its peoples)

1.Nigeria has been dependent on oil for a long time

2.Diversifying the economy is a long term thing....and PDP did nothing about it in 16 years.

3.And no.....selling non-oil products does not bring in much money, especially agriculture.

4.That leaves us with industrial development..and that is what I would be judging Buhari on.

5.That means prioritising power and mass transit as well as education.

we should amend d constitution to syrike-out subsidy? lolzzzzz. Ur father must be d CEO of a bank. Be4 u talk about removing subsidy d govt should first boost d standard of living of d indigent who make up d majority of our population. Dat time subsidy may be removed. Subsidy is one thing dat every Nigerian benefits from d govt, which is a right anyway.

1.What do you mean by improving living standards? Is it by sharing money so that people can import and live large......or is it by developing an indigenous industry which would provide jobs, revenue and cheap consumer products from food to cars....you know like Japan and China for example?

2.Dutch diseased economies like Nigeria are poor because they lose a lot of money importing things they can manufacture....leading to job losses. This is where PMB comes in....by addressing the industrial development of Nigeria...he can reverse these problems. Of course...it takes time....and with poor power supply....which PDP did nothing to improve....we produce half the power we need on a daily basis....

3.Where do you think we are getting the money to subsides fuel? From the oil money we make from exports. And that money is not enough any more.And agric is not a money spinner at all (Ask many African countries who rely on agric how they survive? Most of the time....they get millions in aid money just to keep the budget balanced).

Right now....Saudi and UAE....who earn far more than we do per capita.....are talking of removing their own fuel subsides....because they no longer have the cash.

Subsidy works....when you have the cash. And Nigeria does not have the cash.....and will never have the cash. You can pretend otherwise..you can even accuse me of having a banker as a relative(and banking in Nigeria is going to take a hit because of low oil prices)..but even if we got all our loot back....we still need far more. THAT IS WHY WE MUST INDUSTRIALISE!

Oil is a curse.

P.S.......Next time you respond to my posts....do not do so using intemperate language. Thank you.
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
omenka:

Who owes what ain't necessary....D APC maggots took all credits due for GEJ n gave it to the man with body odour. I guess it becomes wise to give all blame for any debt nugeria had now.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by ilevic(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
coldsummer:

when will this blame end? if the old covenant was without fault there wouldn't have been a need for a new one. Let the past rest while we focus on the future
Re: Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard by AyoolaIgwe(m): 8:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
bushdoc9919:

(Disclaimer....I do not back APC. My loyalty is to my country and its peoples)

1.Nigeria has been dependent on oil for a long time

2.Diversifying the economy is a long term thing....and PDP did nothing about it in 16 years.

3.And no.....selling non-oil products does not bring in much money, especially agriculture.

4.That leaves us with industrial development..and that is what I would be judging Buhari on.

5.That means prioritising power and mass transit as well as education.

1.What do you mean by improving living standards? Is it by sharing money so that people can import and live large......or is it by developing an indigenous industry which would provide jobs, revenue and cheap consumer products from food to cars....you know like Japan and China for example?

2.Dutch diseased economies like Nigeria are poor because they lose a lot of money importing things they can manufacture....leading to job losses. This is where PMB comes in....by addressing the industrial development of Nigeria...he can reverse these problems. Of course...it takes time....and with poor power supply....which PDP did nothing to improve....we produce half the power we need on a daily basis....

3.Where do you think we are getting the money to subsides fuel? From the oil money we make from exports. And that money is not enough any more.And agric is not a money spinner at all (Ask many African countries who rely on agric how they survive? Most of the time....they get millions in aid money just to keep the budget balanced).

Right now....Saudi and UAE....who earn far more than we do per capita.....are talking of removing their own fuel subsides....because they no longer have the cash.

Subsidy works....when you have the cash. And Nigeria does not have the cash.....and will never have the cash. You can pretend otherwise..you can even accuse me of having a banker as a relative(and banking in Nigeria is going to take a hit because of low oil prices)..but even if we got all our loot back....we still need far more. THAT IS WHY WE MUST INDUSTRIALISE!

Oil is a curse.

P.S.......Next time you respond to my posts....do not do so using intemperate language. Thank you.
UAE REDUCED subsidy by 24%, Saudi wants to REDUCE, not remove subsidy like UAE. "A source in the Gulf oil industry told Reuters that Saudi officials were 'seriously' thinking about reducing fuel subsidies gradually." D reason is not because dey can't afford it, it's because dey want to forestall "consumption inflation" which will affect d indigent among dem. Like I also educated earlier on, u can't just scrap subsidy without guaranteeing dat d standard of living of d populace doesn't nose-dive. In recognition of my informed view, Saudi plans to build a cheaper means of transportation dat doesn't rely on fuel. Dat way oil consumption will reduce and money will be saved because d lesser d consumption, d leser d subsidy on fuel. Nigeria can't use ur recipe, it has to use mine because it is PPP centred. We can't unilaterally REMOVE subsidy. who does dat? nobody! Not even UAE/SAUDI,d examples u erroneously used.

Point of Correction: Nigeria doesn't pay fuel subsidy from sale of agricultural produce. Look@dis, fuel subsidy stood@ 971billion in 2014!

About boosting standard of living which is d essence of govt after security, federal govt should create jobs, how they intend to do dat is their kettle of fish.

If oil is a curse, then d govt should find alternative means of generating income to sustain d national budget. Taxes and agricultural exports and Cutoms revenue are
viable sources. If u are in doubt crosscheck d revenue dat accrue to d govt from FIRS & Nigeria Customs. Another means of reducing subsidy & ova reliance on oil is to get d industries to work. He promised to do so, wot is he waiting for? I tot NNPC has been purged So y have we been unable to refine oil substantially
CONCLUSION: Dis govt is confused&corrupt!!!!
NB: if u don't want to be insulted, don't insult others first!!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kashamu: My Purported Expulsion Cannot Stand / Obi Congratulates The New Governor Of Osun State, Senator Ademola Adeleke / Leaked Bedroom Photo Of ASP Amina, Alleged Concubine Of IGP, Idris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.