Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,442 members, 7,843,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker (682 Views)

See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus / Upcoming Google Chrome Update For Android To Include Improved Pop-up Ad Blocker / Ads Blocker Dat Works Perfect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker by Techspecular(m): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2015
Wanna get rid of those annoying ads? Yes? Get the latest Firefox For Android. The app comes with a built-in ad blocker. Though, the Firefox has always enforced its ad blocking campaign with a browser extension call the AdBlock Plus.

I would like to tell you that the latest update of the app adds a functionality where you don't need extensions or add-ons to block ads. You will have to get into the Private Browsing feature(Incognito Mode) of the app to use the ad blocking functionality.
This is effected by the app's ability to block specific web elements that records your behaviour across various sites you visit. Since ads make use of those 'elements', it gets blocked - win win. Blocks cookie trackers and social sharing buttons - this only happens in the Private Browsing Mode.

Picture Source: GSMARENA

http://www.techspecular.com/2015/11/the-latest-firefox-for-android-come.html?m=1

Re: The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker by Youngpo413: 7:36am On Nov 04, 2015
Firefox is the fastest browser worldwide,kudos to this feature.
Re: The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker by stephinnoyewole(m): 8:41am On Nov 04, 2015
If it doesn't have inbuilt downloader like ucweb, my dear its still a scrap for me.
Re: The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker by niceguy7(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2015
Me2 I hate wen to download and it takes u to the inbuilt android downloader!

1 Like

Re: The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker by Nsonaso(m): 2:24am On Aug 18, 2016
Techspecular:
Wanna get rid of those annoying ads? Yes? Get the latest Firefox For Android. The app comes with a built-in ad blocker. Though, the Firefox has always enforced its ad blocking campaign with a browser extension call the AdBlock Plus.

I would like to tell you that the latest update of the app adds a functionality where you don't need extensions or add-ons to block ads. You will have to get into the Private Browsing feature(Incognito Mode) of the app to use the ad blocking functionality.
This is effected by the app's ability to block specific web elements that records your behaviour across various sites you visit. Since ads make use of those 'elements', it gets blocked - win win. Blocks cookie trackers and social sharing buttons - this only happens in the Private Browsing Mode.

Picture Source: GSMARENA

http://www.techspecular.com/2015/11/the-latest-firefox-for-android-come.html?m=1
I see you love my Original Xiaomi Dynamic Dual Driver Earphone... Contact me let me get it for you
Re: The Latest Firefox For Android Come With An Ad-blocker by bongolistik(m): 4:05am On Aug 18, 2016
Youngpo413:
Firefox is the fastest browser worldwide,kudos to this feature.
and who said so? Maybe you are yet to use other browsers. Firefox mobile browser is the slowest among the major mobile browsers. Is it faster than Uc, Chrome, Opera?

(1) (Reply)

TENAA Certifies Two More Gionee Phones GN9010L And GN5001S / Stolen Tecno Phantom Z Mini Phone. / Any Help On My Cracked Innjoo Note Touchpad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.