Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus (16395 Views)

The Best Affordable Smartphones That Have Great Battery Life / Infinix Smartphones That Will Make “Davido's Concert” More Brighter, Better / Check Out The Best 11 Smartphones That Were Released In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by NaijaTechGuy(m): 5:04am On Mar 08, 2018
Security in the Android Operating system is usually complicated and most times vulnerabilities are discovered.

I know iOS Fan boys will want to derail this post simply because they don' trust Google with their data. I hate to be the bad news carrier but "hey" I'm an Android lover so I won't feel remorseful -Your glorified iCloud uses Google Cloud Platform, as well as Amazon Web Service’s S3 storage service, to store encrypted chunks of an iPhone or iPad’s backed-up files, like contacts, calendars, photos, documents, and more. However,that's not the news right now so I'll go back straight to what this post is about.

Recently, 42 smartphone models have been identified to come with a bank trojan.

What is a bank trojan?

This is a seemingly harmless type of Trojan that can open communication ports on the devices where it is hosted. The banking trojan Android.Triada.231 was first identified in 2016 and manages to gain root on any Android device and then infect the Zygote process, which is the core of the Google Android operating system. This process is used to launch all applications on the system.

“Android.Triada.231 is one of the most dangerous trojans in the Android family.Triada. When the trojan inflicts this module, all running applications can also be infected. Once infected, apps become vulnerable and the target of malicious actions.

The “power” of this trojan allows hackers to inject Android.Triada.231 into the library libandroid_runtime.so which is part of the system, and in that way the malicious application can penetrate the firmware of the device during its manufacture.

After hackers access the device, they can steal bank data. The problem with this trojan is that its removal forces a reinstallation of the operating system. Russian anti-virus company Dr.Web reports that these smartphones have been sold worldwide.
Here are the affected phones

Leagoo M5
Leagoo M5 Plus
Leagoo M5 Edge
Leagoo M8
Leagoo M8 Pro
Leagoo Z5C
Leagoo T1 Plus
Leagoo Z3C
Leagoo Z1C
Leagoo M9
ARK Benefit M8
Zopo Speed 7 Plus
UHANS A101
Doogee X5 Max
Doogee X5 Max Pro
Doogee Shoot 1
Doogee Shoot T
ecno W2
Homtom HT16
Umi London
Kiano Elegance 5.1
iLife Fivo Lite
Myth A39
Vertex Impress InTouch 4G
Vertex Impress Genius
myPhone Hammer Energy
Advan S5E NXT
Advan S4Z
Advan i5E
STF AERI
AL PLUS
STF JOY PRO
Tesla SP6.2
Cubot Rainbow EXTREME 7
Haier T51
Cherry Mobile Flare S5
Cherry Mobile Flare J2S
Cherry Mobile Flare P1
NOA H6
Pelitt T1 PLUS
Prestige Grace M5 LTE
BQ 5510

If you have any of these smartphones, it is important to be aware of the processes that are running. Also if there are any software updates available for your device, kindly update it as soon as possible.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by NaijaTechGuy(m): 5:05am On Mar 08, 2018
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by oneda(m): 6:31am On Mar 08, 2018
What if I reinstall the os?
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Xionez(m): 6:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Op, you forgot the T in Tecno W2.

I dislike devices with third party apps preinstalled. They constitute a nuisance especially if it cannot be uninstalled. Some would say this practice is worse on laptops but a quick format and a reinstallation of the OS would fix issues like this.

On Android, there is nothing like reloading OS because even the factory image STILL has the app baked in. The only solution is security software updates...and most OEMs don't release this in time (see attached image). Some don't even know what Security update is.

Thank God for Project Treble sha. This would make a big difference.

2 Likes

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by xpressng(m): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2018
Must you see techno ehh..I just tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by 247TechBlog(m): 7:44am On Mar 08, 2018
Exactly the reason why the US is skeptical about allowing their devices in their country. There's almost a backdoor of sorts

Just look at what they did in Nigeria of recent, installing hidden speakers and cameras into Buildings they claimed to have built out of goodwill

Meanwhile Check my signature and visit my blog, you'll love it wink

2 Likes

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by lsoul: 7:44am On Mar 08, 2018
trojan bank virus wee chop your money via mobile bank app

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by obojememe: 7:45am On Mar 08, 2018
ios fan buh won’t derail...

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Echatbook: 7:45am On Mar 08, 2018
ok
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by EllySteve: 7:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Chinko dem oh

shocked

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by NLbully(m): 7:45am On Mar 08, 2018
Hmmmm Funny but why am I not seeing Infinix,Tecno and Itel there undecided

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by madridguy(m): 7:47am On Mar 08, 2018
Following..
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Genea(f): 7:48am On Mar 08, 2018
I feel like I just read something in Spanish and now I am having headache

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Aldebaran(m): 7:48am On Mar 08, 2018
grin

Samsung, iPhone and HTC owners will be disappointed that there is no infinix and tecno phones on the list

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by jerflakes(m): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2018
Which kain phones be this?

3 Likes

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Khd95(m): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2018
are those phones or names of buhari cows

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by ZirdoRoray(m): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2018
That moment when bae has unwanted pregnancy for you, and your extremely rich unmarried sugar mum you have been planning to obtain lots of money from but she doesn't give you much, also gets pregnant for you and she remembers that age is not on her side any more and fall in love with you but all you want is her money to take care of bae you love very much and after 9 months your bae gives birth to triplets and the DNA results says they are not your own but belongs to one broke Bleep boy. My brother just kukuma accept the old newspaper because your are on your way to becoming a billionaire.

2 Likes

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by hisgrace090: 7:53am On Mar 08, 2018
Fear the chinies people.
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Premiumwriter: 7:54am On Mar 08, 2018
Genea:
hmm no b only you. But I didn't read it after the first two lines.

@op my Android system yaff never chop my money before ah swear and I also use bank app. So no leyleys

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by badruu(m): 7:54am On Mar 08, 2018
Whaaaat

Meanwhile check sig. For your academic project.
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:01am On Mar 08, 2018
Thank God Xiaomi is not there.
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Haganah: 8:02am On Mar 08, 2018
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Genea(f): 8:03am On Mar 08, 2018
Premiumwriter:
hmm no b only you. But I didn't read it after the first two lines.

@op my Android system yaff never chop my money before ah swear and I also use bank app. So no leyleys
hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by eherbal(m): 8:03am On Mar 08, 2018
why is Huawei and Redmi missing from the list. ? they've been banned in the US undecided
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Ishilove: 8:09am On Mar 08, 2018
Genea:
My sister, I am feeling dizzy along with the headache. I can't even remember what I just read after reading to the end.
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Ishilove: 8:13am On Mar 08, 2018
ZirdoRoray:
That moment when bae has unwanted pregnancy for you, and your extremely rich unmarried sugar mum you have been planning to obtain lots of money from but she doesn't give you much, also gets pregnant for you and she remembers that age is not on her side any more and fall in love with you but all you want is her money to take care of bae you love very much and after 9 months your name gives birth to triplets and the DNA results says they are not your own but belongs to one broke Bleep boy. My brother just kukuma accept the old newspaper because your are on your way to becoming a billionaire.
VERY DRY. Like SERIOUSLY dry

6 Likes

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by mysteriousman(m): 8:14am On Mar 08, 2018
I quite agree with this, most of this Chinese phones always have a backdoor or a way they monitor activities of owners of their device. Once tried formatting my Itel phone only for me to discover there are two accounts attached to the device mine and one other written in Chinese

1 Like

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by sotall(m): 8:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Thank God my Xiaomi no dey there
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by nkhay(f): 8:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Time to get your desired iPhones and Samsung phones without spending the big bucks.

Check the link on my signature grin

Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by abumeinben(m): 8:17am On Mar 08, 2018
Even UHANS
Re: See List Of 42 Smartphones That Come With A Trojan Bank Virus by Upaka(f): 8:21am On Mar 08, 2018
Thank God my camon CX air isn't on that list

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solution To Nokia S40 3rd Edition Error Using Opera mini to Browse / Infinix Note 5 Or Infinix S4 Which Is Better / How To Resume All Download Failed Files On UC Browser.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.