Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) (4323 Views)

The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics / See How Lagosians Struggle To Get To Their Destinations After Heavy Rainfall / APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 8:45am On Nov 04, 2015
The Black Man's Propensity To Always Fight The Wrong Battle.
CASE STUDY: (BIAFRA)

As a young Nigerian Woman, I have always wondered if there is something inherently wrong with the black mind. I have often tried to understand what exactly is our utmost desire and why most of the time, our emotions are much greater than logic.

The Biafran struggle is not an Igbo struggle but also a black man's struggle. Our wants most of the time are largely driven by our emotions at that moment and never for the good of humanity. The Biafran dream is a pipe dream that can never be achieved unless the agitators channel their anger to the right direction. As different as we are in Nigeria, we have so many similarities that makes us stand out. A Northern Nigerian is very different from the people in Niger and Chad like wise an average Nigerian seems to stand out in a group of different Africans. The difference is the Nigerian spirit.

I don't believe in co-incidences. It is an Atheist definition of Destiny. We are Nigerians because it was meant to be. We are in the same Country due to a much greater power and reason beyond human comprehension. Our differences is our beauty. Our differences is what makes Nigeria colorful. An average Nigerian has the same hopes and struggles as a "biafran". We all have the same dreams. We all experience the same kind of pain and annoyance. No Nigerian has it easy because he belongs to a particular tribe and even the hausas that ruled Nigeria for many years, their people have nothing to show for it. We Nigerians from different tribes need each other because we are fighting the same struggle. We need each other because we compliment each other. The hausa man is very comfortable in agriculture, the Igbo man is very comfortable in his business, just provide a good environment for his business to thrive, the yoruba man loves knowledge. Many other minority groups are linked to the three major tribes. Add all this strength and you will get a prosperous economy. What is life without food, business and knowledge?

Nigeria is in a bad state because the citizens are fighting the wrong battle. Just as other black nations Like South sudan, Rwanda, Burkina Faso, Zimbabwe, South Africa and their killing of foreigners. Etc. Whatever an igbo man is going through is the same thing for a yoruba man and an hausa man. No free food, no free shelter and no free health care. Each ethnic group has it representatives in the federal level, state level and local government level. In jonathans government the igbos were well represented yet their leaders could not help in speeding up the completion of Niger bridge or the erosion menace in the south east. Who do you blame for this? The government or your government? Isn't it going to be the same friends and relatives of the "Zoo" that will rule in Biafra? The yorubas had nothing to show for years with obasanjo as the president. The only sense of belonging to an average Nigerian is when their people of the same ethnic group are in the government. That is a misplaced sense of judgement. Equal representation does not mean development.

So What exactly are the Biafran agitators fighting for? What have they put in place in their economy that an average igbo man would look up to? What would happen to the businesses and properties outside the east? Would food become cheaper by having biafra? Would houses become cheaper? Would roads be constructed? Would the Niger bridge be built? Would erosion stop? Would the igbos stop living the south east in their thousands because the government is doing nothing.

•If the ipob youths both in Nigeria and abroad can come out to demonstrate against the Igbo leaders the way they demonstrated against the Nigerian government for the detention of Nnamdi Kanu, that is the beginning of our revolution.

•If kidnappers start kidnapping politicians and their wives and children for a huge ransome, instead of kidnapping ordinary Nigerians who work tooth and nail to get to where they are with no help from the government whatsoever, that is the beginning of our revolution.

•If Bokoharam started years ago by killing the Northern politicians that have deceived their youths, stolen their common wealth and use religion to deceive them into not aiming high in life. That would have been the beginning of our revolution.

But, like the black man and his inherent nature to always fight the wrong battle, we would keep making the same mistake. What you cannot get out of Nigeria, you cannot get it in Biafra.

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by freeradical(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2015
Nice write up but I'm afraid you didn't touch the burning platform in all this struggle for seccession. What is the state of Nigeria doing about the perceived injustice from the south easterners? Remember that an angry man will never think straight. How many times have the citizenry of this country in unity come out to challenge the whims of the government? Do you realm believe that Nigerians would ever outgrow their tribalistic and nepotistic tendency? Does the multi ethnic state of Nigeria function as others take for example the US? If you can answer this questions with all sincerity then you will see things from the other sides of the prism and you yourself will start asking the right questions.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by sample042(m): 9:04am On Nov 04, 2015
The last paragraph is a bitter truth.
Moreover, I c d agitators as paid protestors and confused set of folks. D issue of biafra never came up all thru GEJ'S reign. Just dat Buhari refused to Dance to ma brothers tone they raised d idea to cos distractions to this administration. I trust Buhari on silencing dem soon.

Love your sense of writing and dictions.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Adesiji77: 9:06am On Nov 04, 2015
Following...
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

As a young Nigerian Woman, I have always wondered if there is something inherently wrong with the black mind. I have often tried to understand what exactly is our utmost desire and why most of the time, our emotions are much greater than logic.

The Biafran struggle is not an Igbo struggle but also a black man's struggle. Our wants most of the time are largely driven by our emotions at that moment and never for the good of humanity. The Biafran dream is a pipe dream that can never be achieved unless the agitators channel their anger to the right direction. As different as we are in Nigeria, we have so many similarities that makes us stand out. A Northern Nigerian is very different from the people in Niger and Chad like wise an average Nigerian seems to stand out in a group of different Africans. The difference is the Nigerian spirit.

I don't believe in co-incidences. It is an Atheist definition of Destiny. We are Nigerians because it was meant to be. We are in the same Country due to a much greater power and reason beyond human comprehension. Our differences is our beauty. Our differences is what makes Nigeria colorful. An average Nigerian has the same hopes and struggles as a "biafran". We all have the same dreams. We all experience the same kind of pain and annoyance. No Nigerian has it easy because he belongs to a particular tribe and even the hausas that ruled Nigeria for many years, their people have nothing to show for it. We Nigerians from different tribes need each other because we are fighting the same struggle. We need each other because we compliment each other. The hausa man is very comfortable in agriculture, the Igbo man is very comfortable in his business, just provide a good environment for his business to thrive, the yoruba man loves knowledge. Many other minority groups are linked to the three major tribes. Add all this strength and you will get a prosperous economy. What is life without food, business and knowledge?

Nigeria is in a bad state because the citizens are fighting the wrong battle. Just as other black nations Like South sudan, Rwanda, Burkina Faso, Zimbabwe, South Africa and their killing of foreigners. Etc. Whatever an igbo man is going through is the same thing for a yoruba man and an hausa man. No free food, no free shelter and no free health care. Each ethnic group has it representatives in the federal level, state level and local government level. In jonathans government the igbos were well represented yet their leaders could not help in speeding up the completion of Niger bridge or the erosion menace in the south east. Who do you blame for this? The government or your government? Isn't it going to be the same friends and relatives of the "Zoo" that will rule in Biafra? The yorubas had nothing to show for years with obasanjo as the president. The only sense of belonging to an average Nigerian is when their people of the same ethnic group are in the government. That is a misplaced sense of judgement. Equal representation does not mean development.

So What exactly are the Biafran agitators fighting for? What have they put in place in their economy that an average igbo man would look up to? What would happen to the businesses and properties outside the east? Would food become cheaper by having biafra? Would houses become cheaper? Would roads be constructed? Would the Niger bridge be built? Would erosion stop? Would the igbos stop living the south east in their thousands because the government is doing nothing.

•If the ipob youths both in Nigeria and abroad can come out to demonstrate against the Igbo leaders the way they demonstrated against the Nigerian government for the detention of Nnamdi Kanu, that is the beginning of our revolution.

•If kidnappers start kidnapping politicians and their wives and children for a huge ransome, instead of kidnapping ordinary Nigerians who work tooth and nail to get to where they are with no help from the government whatsoever, that is the beginning of our revolution.

•If Bokoharam started years ago by killing the Northern politicians that have deceived their youths, stolen their common wealth and use religion to deceive them into not aiming high in life. That would have been the beginning of our revolution.

But, like the black man and his inherent nature to always fight the wrong battle, we would keep making the same mistake. What you cannot get out of Nigeria, you cannot get it in Biafra.

Your looking from one side of the glass. If your on the other side you will the championing the course.

Every critics is myopic. I am if am a critics

1 Like

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2015
soulpeppersoup:

Your looking from one side of the glass. If your on the other side you will the championing the course.

Every critics is myopic. I am if am a critics

I have looked from every side of the glass and that is why I have titled it a black man's struggle. It is not a biafran issue. Just look at africa as a whole. which african country is working? Apart from south Africa and that is because of the whites there! The question is are Africans unable to do the right thing? Even when south sudan broke away. They are still fighting amongst themselves. Doesn't that tell you something is fundamentally wrong wiv the black mind.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 9:26am On Nov 04, 2015
freeradical:
Nice write up but I'm afraid you didn't touch the burning platform in all this struggle for seccession. What is the state of Nigeria doing about the perceived injustice from the south easterners? Remember that an angry man will never think straight

What you term injustice is the igbos are not well represented in the highest level of Government isn't it? Why don't u look at it this way, wiv all the hausas, yorubas and even ijaw man that has ruled this country, what have the average people in that region gained?

This thinking is what leads us to keep fighting the wrong battle.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

I have looked from every side of the glass and that is why I have titled it a black man's struggle. It is not a biafran issue. Just look at africa as a whole. which african country is working? Apart from south Africa and that is because of the whites there! The question is are Africans unable to do the right thing? Even when south sudan broke away. They are still fighting amongst themselves. Doesn't that tell you something is fundamentally wrong wiv the black mind.

Africa is not the only nation who are agitating for separation. Korea is not Africa and many more nation. But why is Africa different? Because the oppressor look at her lose at separation than her gain.

Now this is while many African nation want separation.

The white man came and bundled different nations into one so the can use the well.

The question is who colonized the white you are using as a yard stick to measure African separation agitation?

You see why I say you are looking at the glass from a side.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by kingzizzy: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

This long write up but you circumvented the main issue on which the piller of Biafra is built. The inalienable right of people to chart their own destiny. You must first get freedom before you think about what to do with that freedom. Instead, your long write up is all about how to justify the fraudulent amalgamation of 1914 perpetrated by the British armed robber called Lugard.

I'm an Igbo man asking for my freedom and you are asking me why I haven't made things confortable myself in my jail-cell first?

Sorry but I don't have that sort of slave mentality !!

10 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by cocoduck: 9:44am On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:

This long write up but you circumvented the main issue on which the piller of Biafra is built. The inalienable right of people to chart their own destiny. You must first get freedom before you think about what to do with that freedom. Instead, your long write up is all about how to justify the fraudulent amalgamation of 1914 perpetrated by the British armed robber called Lugard.

I'm an Igbo man asking for my freedom and you are asking me why I haven't made things confortable myself in my jail-cell first?

thank you

1 Like

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2015
soulpeppersoup:

Africa is not the only nation who are agitating for separation. Korea is not Africa and many more nation. But why is Africa different? Because the oppressor look at her lose at separation than her gain.

Now this is while many African nation want separation.

The white man came and bundled different nations into one so the can use the well.

The question is who colonized the white you are using as a yard stick to measure African separation agitation?

You see why I say you are looking at the glass from a side.

I agree. I wonder who gave the white man permission to just come and partition africa the way they want it. It is very very unfair to africa as a whole. My main point is if we cannot fight our leaders now, is it when we divide we would fight our leaders? If we cannot develop now, is it when we divide we would develop? Things don't work that way because what pursued us from a country is still staring at us in the face.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 10:00am On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:

Offcourse everybody has the right to chart it's own freedom. Nobody has a slave mentality. Being logical doesn't equate to slavery. It is the same issue in my right up. The black man's emotion is higher than logic.

1 Like

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by freeradical(m): 11:06am On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

What you term injustice is the igbos are not well represented in the highest level of Government isn't it? Why don't u look at it this way, wiv all the hausas, yorubas and even ijaw man that has ruled this country, what have the average people in that region gained?

This thinking is what leads us to keep fighting the wrong battle.
What I term injustice isn't even about an igbo leading the government but rather the gross neglect of infrastructure amongst other things. Do u think that if Nigeria is functioning well with right infrastructure and a sound economic index which translate to the common man on d street in all regions that any body will clamour to secede? Truth is that our governments have failed us and due to our tribalistic and nepotistic tendencies we can never unite and fight the government to give us what we expect.

1 Like

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by obailala(m): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

God bless you for this beautiful write-up. It is unfortunate that the typical black man's mind cannot reason beyond a certain threshold. That is the exact reason we always misdiagnose the problems, identify the wrong enemy and always fight the wrong battles.

Some say they are fighting firstly for freedom, but what they obviously cannot realise is that they only suffer from mental slavery; and being in this mental captivity, they will never be able to diagnose what the real problem is.

1 Like

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by obailala(m): 12:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
freeradical:

What I term injustice isn't even about an igbo leading the government but rather the gross neglect of infrastructure amongst other things. Do u think that if Nigeria is functioning well with right infrastructure and a sound economic index which translate to the common man on d street in all regions that any body will clamour to secede? Truth is that our governments have failed us and due to our tribalistic and nepotistic tendencies we can never unite and fight the government to give us what we expect.
Good thing that you are aware it is the government that has failed us, and not 'other tribes' as is always peddled. This government we talk of is made up of people from every single tribe, yet for political convenience and through decades of political manipulations, we have been deceived to believe that the failure of our governments (at the local level) is caused by forces from other tribes. How we have swallowed this lie for decades and allowed it to sink into our psyches is what I term, 'mental slavery.'

If you carry out your investigations meticulously, you will realise that not only does every other tribe in Nigeria suffer from the same injustice the Igbos suffer from but also, the main actors behind the injustice (in the case of infrastructural neglect in the SE) are actually some dubious unpatriotic Igbo leaders who go to Abuja to oil their pockets only. Until we purge our minds of the effects of these decades of misdiagnosis and look inwards, we will never be able to see this glaring fact.

In my opinion, the biggest problem faced by Igbos are Igbo leaders (at the local and national level). Until we learn to look inwards and channel this revolution to tackle this local problem, we will be wasting our time if we continue to fight outsiders. Even if a separation is achieved without FIRST tackling this problem of unpatriotic dubious leaders, Biafra would be nothing but chaos. Before we start talking of what 'others' are doing to us, we must first talk about what we are doing to clean our own house.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Shymm3x: 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
Utter myopic/shallow, disrespectful, and somewhat illiterate write-up. Classic paralysis by analysis.

Why must the black man be the one to practicalise the white man's utopia of faux-diversity?

Why didn't the white man create the type of unworkable, non-functional, and fictitious borders/countries he created in Africa, in Europe, and practicalise the pseudo-diversity on his own continent? Why aren't the Germans and Poles in the same country, under the same centralised government, like you have in most African countries? Heck, even in Germany, where all the folks are more or less Germanic, all the regions are semi-autonomous under a proper federal structure. Why is the UK a confederation and not under one centralised government like you have in Nigeria - to enable diversity among the Scottish, Welsh, Irish, and English? Why isn't Republic of Ireland part of the UK? Why can't Spain, Italy, France, and Portugal be the same country? Etc.

When you can answer these questions, you'd see how obtuse ya write-up is. You basically said a lot without saying anything. There's no blessing in disguise here - it's a curse.

7 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
obailala:
God bless you for this beautiful write-up. It is unfortunate that the typical black man's mind cannot reason beyond a certain threshold. That is the exact reason we always misdiagnose the problems, identify the wrong enemy and always fight the wrong battles.

Some say they are fighting firstly for freedom, but what they obviously cannot realise is that they only suffer from mental slavery; and being in this mental captivity, they will never be able to diagnose what the real problem is.

Exactly.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
obailala:
Good thing that you are aware it is the government that has failed us, and not 'other tribes' as is always peddled. This government we talk of is made up of people from every single tribe, yet for political convenience and through decades of political manipulations, we have been deceived to believe that the failure of our governments (at the local level) is caused by forces from other tribes. How we have swallowed this lie for decades and allowed it to sink into our psyches is what I term, 'mental slavery.'

If you carry out your investigations meticulously, you will realise that not only does every other tribe in Nigeria suffer from the same injustice the Igbos suffer from but also, the main actors behind the injustice (in the case of infrastructural neglect in the SE) are actually some dubious unpatriotic Igbo leaders who go to Abuja to oil their pockets only. Until we purge our minds of the effects of these decades of misdiagnosis and look inwards, we will never be able to see this glaring fact.

In my opinion, the biggest problem faced by Igbos are Igbo leaders (at the local and national level). Until we learn to look inwards and channel this revolution to tackle this local problem, we will be wasting our time if we continue to fight outsiders. Even if a separation is achieved without FIRST tackling this problem of unpatriotic dubious leaders, Biafra would be nothing but chaos. Before we start talking of what 'others' are doing to us, we must first talk about what we are doing to clean our own house.

This is exactly the point I am trying to raise. I agree that everybody has a right to secede. This is why I did not only dwell on biafra but other african countries. Why must our own be different. South sudan isn't doing any better. If u talk about Korea or former ussr, obviously they are doing something the African man is unable to do. The economy is far better than ours. Both their leaders and followers have d same mind set. The problem of Africa is leadership. Even if we are separated into smaller units. If we do not tackle this problem. We would never move forward. I saw a video of people rushing to greet obasanjo on a plane. It goes to show something is wrong somewhere.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by CSTR2: 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by VickJames(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

I'm sorry, please calm down and do a thorough research on what is happening in this country and see if there is a way forward.

please do it, first before you reply my mention
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by MrPresident1: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
A very interesting write up. But I have already reached my own personal conclusion on the problem of the blackman, the blackman's problem is spiritual. But again, because we are all black does not mean we are all the same people spiritually, I believe Igbos and Yorubas are more related with each other than with Hausa or Fulanis, so my point is even though all these groups are black people, they are not all the same people. Hausa and Fulani are not Negroes; these groups are aboriginal Africans, they are Hamites and they are the real owners of Africa. Hamites are called Egyptians in the Bible, their kingdom will never rise again, they will forever be a base kingdom.

Ezekiel 29:14-15
And I will bring again the captivity of Egypt, and will cause them to return [into] the land of Pathros, into the land of their habitation; and they shall be there a base kingdom.
14 It shall be the basest of the kingdoms; neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations: for I will diminish them, that they shall no more rule over the nations.

This is the reality one

Igbos and Yorubas are Negroes; they are not aboriginal Africans, they were displaced from their own land, they are the original people of the Bible. According to Zondervan, ' The youngest son of Noah, born probably about 96 years before the Flood; and one of eight persons to live through the Flood. He became the progenitor of the dark races; not the Negroes, but the Egyptians, Ethiopians, Libyans and Canaanites.

So if the Negroes are the Israelites, they are living but mentally dead, zombies. The intelligence of the once proud Israelites have been hid so much so that they are now called Negroes. The word Negro also means 'Dead' [url]www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/negro.htm [/url]

Isaiah 29:14
Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

This is reality 2.

Now if you combine reality one and reality two, this is what you have

A base kingdom + A devolved people
Aboriginal Africans + Negroes

There can never be progress.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by VickJames(m): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
obailala:

An eastern region with very low allocation should be as developed as other states who have higher allocation. how many roads can 1.2 billion repair in a month with other recurrent expenditures? how much will julius berger and other construction companies accept for building roads in the east? Some of the roads that are federal government roads while others are state government roads.

i am not holding brief for the different stupid governors in the east who are more or less illiterates in the management of funds and use of their intellectual capabilities. they have failed to used their brains to think of ways to generate funds rather than waste it.

the current setting doesnt help and will not help.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Shymm3x: 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
CSTR2:
Shymm3x just did justice to this thread.
Pseudo-intellectuals with their rubbish arguments.

These folks are just mostly ignorant and utterly disrespectful. Why blame the "black man" for being in a quagmire that's not workable and call him mentally enslaved - when the idiotic faux-diversity you're campaigning for, is the creation of the white man to keep the black man in perpetual servitude? The absurd paradox. These clowns don't read what they write most times - intellectual scums.

Why not give the black man the same structure the white man created for himself in Europe, to maintain territorial integrity, and to propagate nation building and growth? These folks don't even know why Europe fought two world wars and why anywhere in Europe where there's over 1million people from an ethnic group - they always grant them semi-autonomy. I guess they think all white people are the same and they don't know that Europeans are also from different ethnic groups, hence the countries were created the way they're.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by VickJames(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
This country is a mess as it is. Nothing can be done about it. An igbo man cannot assure you that he will protect a yoruba man in the time of trouble, vice versa. It is meaningless to believe we can truly have patriotic 'one nigeria'. how can we be one when our thinking, our home training and our beliefs are different. what an hausa man thinks is different from what an ijaw man thinks.

how can this country grow when major decisions are done basically on tribal lines?

how can this country grow when the resources that feeds this country can only be gotten from a particular region and one region having the most use of it?

how can this country grow when a particular person becomes president, he only favours people from his region because he doesnt trust neither does he know anyone from the other region.

how many countries in the world that are made from different tribes from its inception and still share thesame central president?

how can this country grow when other people do not think but rather depend on other people to think for them so that they can copy?

how can this country grow when the easiest way to be a millionaire is for you to be beautiful and contest for a beauty contest?

a country with no regard for education and human capital development

a country who do not understand that the present method of education will build bunch of failures and dependent organisms.

a country with low thinking ability, who thinks that only lagos port can feed the whole country because they want to reduce the economical importance of other regions.

a country so stupid where we only vote for people who say rubbish and promise to give us our normal rights as citizens of this country.

how can we youth see this country as one, how can we youth make this country grow when as at the age of 30, we are still treated as youths and we cannot find our way to the decision making seat of this country.

how can this country grow when the pyramids of kano, the cocoa pyramids are nothing but what we only saw in our social studies text books.

Do you think our leaders are the problem? No, they are not the problem of this country. the way this country is modelled, it will not succeed.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by cheruv: 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

Setazh,Afrika isn't working bkos of colonization and neocolonialism. Apart from Ityoppia, and Nkwo Afrika(South Africa) to an extent all other African states are lagging behind seriously kos those nations didn't evolve but were patched together.
Look at Nihon(Japan), Kaori(Korea), Sina(China) etc...these nations record amazing progress bkos they've evolved over time and so there's sense and unity of purpose among their populace.
The worst geopolitical catastrophe the Blackman had was the demise of Biafra.in Biafra were its hopes buried bkos despite the war,the people still lived their lives normally.
Igbos have nothing in common with the other two Nigerian majority tribes... In fact the only Nigerian tribes Igbos have something in common with are the Mmoño(Ibibio/Efik). The other SS tribes viz Ijo,Edoids are more related to Yoruba than they're to Igbo.
So setazhe my sweetheart, pls go back and produce a more balanced article smiley
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by freeradical(m): 1:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
obailala:

My point is that it is difficult for Nigerians to have that unity of purpose which is what drives nation building because the various ethnicities hardly see themselves as one. America is like the model multi ethnic nation in the world but what people fail to realize is that they were able to rise above their challenges because they had a strong unity to drive out their oppressor from their land. Here independence was handed over to us on a platter by the Brits in a neo-colonialist sense and they pitch us against one another thereby gaining control over us. If the other ethnic groups are also sincerely suffering from neglect due to bad governance I expect that they support the s.easterners and also clamor for their own self actualization. We need to have unity of purpose if not we can never be a nation.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

I agree. I wonder who gave the white man permission to just come and partition africa the way they want it. It is very very unfair to africa as a whole. My main point is if we cannot fight our leaders now, is it when we divide we would fight our leaders? If we cannot develop now, is it when we divide we would develop? Things don't work that way because what pursued us from a country is still staring at us in the face.

No solution in fighting our leaders. We may developed if we divide. This is why, the truth that two cannot walk together except the agree comes to play.

We are largely undeveloped because of our selfishness to allow any section of the nation which is not ours as a tribe spear head the developmental trend of the nation. How many Hausa men will like to see an Igbo head the custom? How man yeruba will like to see an Hausa man head the aviation?

I believe if we go our separate ways we will lead African development. Because I see healthy development competitions between the nations that will emerge from Nigeria.

No tribe is more bless than the other in Nigeria. It is short sightedness that make us see a certain part of the nation more resource bless than others.

1 Like

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by obailala(m): 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
VickJames:

An eastern region with very low allocation should be as developed as other states who have higher allocation. how many roads can 1.2 billion repair in a month with other recurrent expenditures? how much will julius berger and other construction companies accept for building roads in the east? Some of the roads that are federal government roads while others are state government roads.

i am not holding brief for the different stupid governors in the east who are more or less illiterates in the management of funds and use of their intellectual capabilities. they have failed to used their brains to think of ways to generate funds rather than waste it.

the current setting doesnt help and will not help.
Is the low allocation or low income caused by the other tribes in Nigeria?... What are south eastern leaders doing collectively to increase the collective income of their states?... As a matter of fact, if we begin to practice true federalism today with full resource control, the 5 south eastern states will crumble just like many other states in Nigeria and the no single state would be able to pay salaries.

If we talk of little revenue, was it not the same little revenue that great men like Dee Sam Mbakwe received in the 80's yet he was able to turn Imo state to small London?... Now without any reasonable effort being made to generate revenue by our leaders, without any reasonable effort being made to manage the little revenue being received, without any reasonable effort to judiciously use the little resources to better the life of south easterners, our dubious present day leaders have succeeded in deceiving the people and shifting attention from themselves to 'other tribes' as the problem of our development even while they continue to pillage and plunder the meagre resources.

Now we suddenly believe that the moment we break away from Nigeria (without addressing this leadership issue first), then everything will miraculously turn around. When we break away, then at that time we will start to hold our leaders accountable, when we break away, our leaders will then miraculously start being proactive, when we break away, we will automatically/miraculously start generating more revenue. In fact just recently, Nnamdi Kanu in the US made a statement that it is ndi awusa na ndi yoruba that have been planting all our bad Igbo governors and leaders since 1999, and a lot of our youths swallow such trash and run into the streets. It really shocks me how people can open their eyes widely but cannot see or diagnose what the real problem is.

2 Likes

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
Setaje:

No solution in fighting our leaders. We may developed if we divide. This is why, the truth that two cannot walk together except the agree comes to play.

We are largely undeveloped because of our selfishness to allow any section of the nation which is not ours as a tribe spear head the developmental trend of the nation. How many Hausa men will like to see an Igbo head the custom? How man yeruba will like to see an Hausa man head the aviation? How man Igbo will like an Hausa man head the oil sector? We all want it to our tribe. So divide them into their tribe to let them live or die.

I believe if we go our separate ways we will lead African development. Because I see healthy development competitions between the nations that will emerge from Nigeria.

No tribe is more bless than the other in Nigeria. It is short sightedness that make us see a certain part of the nation more resource bless than others.
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
cheruv:

Setazh,Afrika isn't working bkos of colonization and neocolonialism. Apart from Ityoppia, and Nkwo Afrika(South Africa) to an extent all other African states are lagging behind seriously kos those nations didn't evolve but were patched together.
Look at Nihon(Japan), Kaori(Korea), Sina(China) etc...these nations record amazing progress bkos they've evolved over time and so there's sense and unity of purpose among their populace.
The worst geopolitical catastrophe the Blackman had was the demise of Biafra.in Biafra were its hopes buried bkos despite the war,the people still lived their lives normally.
Igbos have nothing in common with the other two Nigerian majority tribes... In fact the only Nigerian tribes Igbos have something in common with are the Mmoño(Ibibio/Efik). The other SS tribes viz Ijo,Edoids are more related to Yoruba than they're to Igbo.
So setazhe my sweetheart, pls go back and produce a more balanced article smiley

Look I am against what the Europeans did. Especially as regards to Nigeria. You people are still been drawn back by emotions not logic. None of you can name one african country that is advanced. Just name it. Even if some countries are of the same ethnic group in africa why is their case not different from other Africans? Don't compare other developed countries to africa. Look at the economy of the people that want to break away. They have good leadership. This is the bigger picture. They can stand on their own. leaders and followers speak wiv one mind. Can u honestly say that Biafra would be free from sycophants as leaders? Can u beat your chest wivout sounding emotional that some idiots will not hijack the struggle.

This is what the write up is about. Black man fighting the wrong battle
Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by Setaje(f): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Shymm3x:

These folks are just mostly ignorant and utterly disrespectful. Why blame the "black man" for being in a quagmire that's not workable and call him mentally enslaved - when the idiotic faux-diversity you're campaigning for, is the creation of the white man to keep the black man in perpetual servitude? The absurd paradox. These clowns don't read what they write most times - intellectual scums.

Why not give the black man the same structure the white man created for himself in Europe, to maintain territorial integrity, and to propagate nation building and growth? These folks don't even know why Europe fought two world wars and why anywhere in Europe where there's over 1million people from an ethnic group - they always grant them semi-autonomy. I guess they think all white people are the same and they don't know that Europeans are also from different ethnic groups, hence the countries were created the way they're.

I ignored u the first time because I thought u were just trolling. Other people who disagreed wiv me have very good reasons. We all don't have to agree but to sound sarcastic and disrespectful is just making nonsense to this thread and I don't like it.

1 Like

Re: The Black Man's Struggle ( Biafra) by obailala(m): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
freeradical:
My point is that it is difficult for Nigerians to have that unity of purpose which is what drives nation building because the various ethnicities hardly see themselves as one. America is like the model multi ethnic nation in the world but what people fail to realize is that they were able to rise above their challenges because they had a strong unity to drive out their oppressor from their land. Here independence was handed over to us on a platter by the Brits in a neo-colonialist sense and they pitch us against one another thereby gaining control over us. If the other ethnic groups are also sincerely suffering from neglect due to bad governance I expect that they support the s.easterners and also clamor for their own self actualization. We need to have unity of purpose if not we can never be a nation.
My point is that we keep misdiagnosing our problems. Whether we are united with other tribes or not, I do not see how that would affect the ability of the governor of Imo or Anambra or Abia or Enugu or Ebonyi from delivering quality leadership and development to their constituents who are all from a single tribe. When we can achieve this extraordinary development/progress within the 5 Igbo speaking states for instance, then we can start thinking about tackling the problems of the 'outsiders.' If the problem of local leadership still persists, I do not understand how breaking away will automatically solve the problem.

Instead of an outright breakaway (which I believe will come with lots of its own problems), I think we should first be clamouring for better leadership at the local level and then true federalism with resource control. The SW and SS and middle belt are also in support of true federalism. But for any progress to be made in that direction, all southern zones have to unite together. I believe true federalism will come with all the benefits that an outright secession will bring and it will also avoid the disadvantages of an outright secession.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov / A Witness At The Airport In Kenya "Nnamdi Kanu Created A Scene At The Airport" / Budget Deficit Rises 370%, Hits ₦‎47tn Under Buhari, Budget Deficit Rises 370%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.