Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay (37220 Views)

FCT Admin Evicts Obaigbena From Thisday Dome / Companies Income Tax Lifts FIRS Collections To N1.19trn In Q2 - Thisday / MTN Scraps Early Debt Payment Amid Currency Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
People were shouting for change...but then only few know say change could be either positive or negative.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by chronique(m): 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
As usual. The ministry of sacking and creating unemployment and more jobless people,must move to its permanent site. The rate at which this man is going,only God knows how many workers will remain in Naija by the end of the year.

*in the words of the APC faithfuls,sai buhari;sai baba*

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
Too many idiots here dont even know what sure-p is all about
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Lilimax(f): 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
I know two people that benefitted from that SURE-P.
They got 12 million each on a platter of gold. smiley

I tried but to no avail embarassed

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Pidggin(f): 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by ibietela2(m): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
Phantom2:
it's good. . . might sound bad at first but if you know the amount of looting and corruption encompassed in it ehn you'll understand. . .I don't even mean the authorities now. . .I'm talking grassroot level. . .its what I've seen.

Everything is corruption and looting to you guys, just because it involves Gej

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by onlykach: 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
xtgozie:
Sure- Patience Jonathan

Next will be .......... "Change A"

Change - Aisha Buhari
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Phantom2(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
abiambo:
What do you even mean Gis is a program whr thousands of unemployed post nysc graduates get hands on experience from relevant firm, d fg pays d intern for a period of 12 months and the intern after a period has 1 year working experience that can help him get a better job if not continue there.... how bad can d policies of this government be 1st it was youwin... a beautiful program that was empowering young entrepreneurs in nigeria and helping to spring businesses across the country... am so appaLled at this news... hope it's false
true...I'm not saying it should be scrapped totally, but restructured. . .my experience of SURE P in the health sector is very poor as this opportunities are available truly but occupied by
1. people who already have jobs with the civil service(the lowest cadre officers)just to earn extra pay
2. people who don't know jack or do anything but need assistance financially from the high cadre officers, (with this connection they get into the programme and get paid for absolutely nothing)

another thing is the way projects (sometimes unexisting) are used to generate money from the government, not to even talk of the conversion of federal property e.g the Pickup Trucks used for personal needs of the top guns

I'm just thinking maybe a reform should do the magic , but if corruption has eaten too deep. scrapping and designing a new programme is welcome.

I'm not denying the fact that there were legit beneficiaries. but the programme wasn't handled properly so there is need for an adjustment smiley

have a nice evening

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Jabioro: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
I see Bode George going down the second time ....kirikiri is bacon on him again.. abi how will he defend the fund he collected on fake tollgate employment in name of SureP and the wooful amount he spent onJonah relection campaign

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by mbulela: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
the next thing to shut down is amnesty program
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Fearcom(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
From SURE-P to SCRA-P

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Phantom2(m): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
ibietela2:

Everything is corruption and looting to you guys, just because it involves Gej
I don't have anything against GEJ it's the national cake mentality of people put in the hem of affairs . . . who says there still is no or won't be corruption and looting with PMB ...we're human its in our blood to exploit open opportunities if there are no consequences.
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by ndcide(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
Phantom2:
it's good. . . might sound bad at first but if you know the amount of looting and corruption encompassed in it ehn you'll understand. . .I don't even mean the authorities now. . .I'm talking grassroot level. . .its what I've seen.

Exactly. Like here in Lagos, the last state governor can't account for his sure p funds.

They looted it. When will buhari ask fashola about how he spent the sure p money.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Pebcak: 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
deanoffaculty:

Abi na! Sure-P is a political scam. It got to a point that Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala told Nigerians during GEJ tenure that the fund was missing(about 500billion Naira) and later twisted it that it was not missing, then where is it?....and they buried the matter. Billions of Naira..... money dey grow wings? Also,88% of the GIS applicants were not given the 20k monthly stipend.
It's better they scrap the Sure-P things.
that supe-p scam no get part two
Its strange how people are still complaining because PMB is scraping it all what sure-p promised didnt see daylight and they keep swallowing $$
[size=28pt]I beg SCRAP,PROBE & JAIL all those involved in the sure-p scam
THEY USED THAT TO FOOL NIGERIANS AFTER REMOVING SUBSIDY AWON OLE JATIJATI
[/size]

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by delectablegyal(f): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
All of una wey dey support sure-p, una no get sense.
Sure-p is a scam.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by GLAD777(f): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
He should keep on probing Jonathan's government.7months after,still clueless on how to tackle the most pressing issues in the nation

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by goshen26: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
We are watching***
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by sarutobie(m): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
I know personally, of farms in very remote communities that benefited from this sure-p program. a lot of them mechanized their farms from it.Then I get baffled when people in urban areas feign ignorance of such opportunities. when asked, they reply " all na scam" just to mask their apparent ignorance, unenlightened and lazy mentality!

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
Pidggin:
Hmmmmm
Bad belle
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by sarutobie(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
this is from a farm in a very remote community in delta state.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by Ask4bigneyo(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
PuciPrince:
Too many idiots here dont even know what sure-p is all about
Tell them o

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by sarutobie(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
if such could be setup in a community of less than a thousand, what is your excuse? "na scam" abi?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by ujezeez(m): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
Pidggin:
If this is true, it will not be well with Buhari
That was rash....most nigerians will never cease to misjudge good intentions...
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by sarutobie(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
They will never seek information or ask the right questions. Many of them can't write a decent business proposal even if their lives depended on it..yet you see them calling every program scam out of sheer ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by deanoffaculty: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Pebcak:

that supe-p scam no get part two
Its strange how people are still complaining because PMB is scraping it all what sure-p promised didnt see daylight and they keep swallowing $$
[size=28pt]I beg SCRAP,PROBE & JAIL all those involved in the sure-p scam
THEY USED THAT TO FOOL NIGERIANS AFTER REMOVING SUBSIDY AWON OLE JATIJATI
[/size]
Gbam!!!
Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by CharlyNick: 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
People are complaining about unemployment yet he's adding to the numbers........

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by mideactive: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2015
One thing I like Nigerians 4 is dat dey don't 4get,if u'r making a promise try 2 keep it.cus it 'll always come back 2 u if u don't.Okondo sorry I mean Okonjo Iweala said too many lies about dat subsidy re-investment thing,but all is a big lie..we all knw all Nigerians benefits from Oil,I mean everybody.it makes things easier when the govt sell cheap.but less dan 0.5 of d population are benefiting from Sure-P.hw does that transfer to development? Dat Woman was making mouth during d subsidy crises like 9ija 'll be like Yankee withing 6months.una think sey we 4get?where are d Roads,hospitals,refinery,shuttle bus,jobs n mony more she promised?instead of all dis guddies,d country in now in economic crises without any development wit so much money realized by oga Jona's govt.thank God pmb is openin dis issue,if d fight is real I see lots of head roll

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by dokunbam(m): 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
networkrecharg:
Please let them return all the stolen monies from SURE-P...

All the promises of sure-p were never fulfilled...

1. Free buses
2. Working refineries.
3. Regular power supply
4. Lucrative Jobs...

etc

Yes
Let them wind SUREP up and also probe them.

This is one of the avenue where the last administration use to syphon money

I know a lot about this scam called surep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by texazzpete(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
abiambo:
What do you even mean Gis is a program whr thousands of unemployed post nysc graduates get hands on experience from relevant firm, d fg pays d intern for a period of 12 months and the intern after a period has 1 year working experience that can help him get a better job if not continue there.... how bad can d policies of this government be 1st it was youwin... a beautiful program that was empowering young entrepreneurs in nigeria and helping to spring businesses across the country... am so appaLled at this news... hope it's false

Some of you are enemies of Nigeria, and I'll bet you don't pay taxes.
SURE-P remains one of the biggest conduit pipes for corruption to ever be set up in Nigeria. Anyone lamenting its scrapping must have been a direct recipient of some of the stolen funds.

Scrap and probe, please.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by texazzpete(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
sarutobie:
I know personally, of farms in very remote communities that benefited from this sure-p program. a lot of them mechanized their farms from it.Then I get baffled when people in urban areas feign ignorance of such opportunities. when asked, they reply " all na scam" just to mask their apparent ignorance, unenlightened and lazy mentality!

Is it not the height of laziness for you to come and make this claim without any proof? Do you even know the torrent of stories of scams and financial improprieties we heard about sure-p? Where are the tangible benefits of the program in urban areas?

You sycophants will be inventing goodies in 'remote areas ' to try and sell your claims.

Yes. All na scam. Including this your lazy attempt to hoodwink the good people of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by sarutobie(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
texazzpete:

Is it not the height of laziness for you to come and make this claim without any proof? Do you even know the torrent of stories of scams and financial improprieties we heard about sure-p? Where are the tangible benefits of the program in urban areas?

You sycophants will be inventing goodies in 'remote areas ' to try and sell your claims.

Yes. All na scam. Including this your lazy attempt to hoodwink the good people of Nairaland.
I posted pictures with proof you dimwit! that's a one ton feed mixer one of the farms acquired for their production and you can see the finished layer feeds you irredeemable dimwit! lazy leeches. keep hammering away on NL while people are tapping into opportunities for a better life. party sycophants.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Scraps SURE-P - ThisDay by pedrilo: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
This govt is not sensitive to the plight of poor nigerians, let no one tell me everytin abt GEJ govt was totally bad! A sensitive leader shud always weigh the pros n cons of his actions, but this govt is surely not interested in that. For the past six months, all they 've bn tellin us is GEJ stole dis, looted dat, why not take him to court?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africa’s Johann Rupert Overtakes Aliko Dangote As Africa’s Richest Man / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / N818,000 Stolen In A Day At Diamond Bank- !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.