Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Six Of 10 Children’ll Suffer Violence Before 18 – UNICEF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six Of 10 Children’ll Suffer Violence Before 18 – UNICEF (474 Views)

Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 / There Was No Electoral Violence Before APC Took Over Power: Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Of 10 Children’ll Suffer Violence Before 18 – UNICEF by politricks: 1:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
NAN Chief, Child Protection, United Nations Children’s Fund, Rachael Harvey, has said six out of 10 children would suffer one form of
violence before they reached the age of 18. Harvey made this known on Wednesday at a two-day workshop organised by the Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation in collaboration with UNICEF in Lagos. “The Violence Against Children survey shows a huge prevalence of violence against children in Nigeria – emotional, physical and sexual. “Six of 10 children will suffer one form of violence before they reach the age of 18, while one in two suffers physical violence- intentional burning, kicking, whipping and punching. “Also, one in four girls and one in 10 boys suffer sexual violence, and one in five boys and one in six girls suffer emotional violence,” she said. Harvey said the major challenge in VAC was that children were suffering in silence. According to her, very few children ever speak out about what is happening to them. “Even when they speak out, they do not try to access services. Less than five per cent of children ever receive support. “Adults are much more likely to perpetuate violence when they are adults,” Harvey said. She said it would require everyone including the government, Non-government Organisations, communities, parents and the media to take a stand to prevent and respond to VAC. “We have to have communities that do not tolerate violence and if violence happens, we need to speak out. “We need services that are available and responsive, and when children come to them, they will get the services they need to help them,” she said. Also speaking, the Director, Child Development, WAPA, Mrs. Alaba Fadawo, said the ministry had put in place many strategies to curb VAC. Fadawo said, “There is an ongoing aggressive campaign. “The other thing is intervention and rescue where children are abused and persecution of perpetrators of abuses. “Apart from that, there is a team in place, a Sexual Violence Response Team, which is a network of stakeholders working
with children to ensure that violence is minimised,” she said. She said the ministry had issued Yellow Cards, which, according to her, were warning cards. “In the yellow cards, there are help lines where we can be reached. “Within the communities, the cards are distributed to people so that as soon as a child is being violated, people can call the help line. “Such child will be rescued and the perpetrators will be handled legally,” Fadawo said. 

http://punchng.com/2015/11/3864
Re: Six Of 10 Children’ll Suffer Violence Before 18 – UNICEF by Earthkumy(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Biafra 6/11/15 are u ready? www.nairaland.com/2712176/red-alert-biafra- millions-march
Re: Six Of 10 Children’ll Suffer Violence Before 18 – UNICEF by mondaynelson20: 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
READ MY STORY ON HOW I HAVE BABY.
My Name is Moral,i live in California,i have a big testimony to say to the people who have Womb problem, I have been married for four years without any child, nor pregnancy and so i became very sad and lost hope in life because my doctor told me there is no way for me to get pregnant and this really make life so hard for me and this made my husband to turn away from me.My sister in-law told me about DR EZIKE from the Internet,how he has helped people with this similar problem that i am going through so i contacted him and explained to him. He told me not to worry and that everything we soon be okay.He cast a spell and it was a miracle to my greatest surprise three days later my husband came back to apologize for all he has done and told me he is fully ready to support me in any thing i want,and Dr.EZIKE he gave me just water from his temple to drink and he also gave my husband some thing to rub before we made love.just few months later i got pregnant and gave birth to twins (boy and girl) we are now a happy family.i will advice you to email him now,ID:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com I am so happy!! if you also need help to get pregnant or need your ex back please contact him for help via Email:drezikespellcasterhome@outlook.com if you are out there passing through any of this problems or predicaments in your life.his mobile number on what/apps:+2348167554235.....
Re: Six Of 10 Children’ll Suffer Violence Before 18 – UNICEF by politricks: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2016
Earlier today, the DSS warned the public about sending sensitive photograph carelessly because recently, some computer experts have found a way of using various computer softwares to strip people's picture unclad and blackmailing their victim for money. As usual, the information found it's way to this forum and members commented on it however, most of the comments (on the original thread) shows that people don't really understand how this new method works so i decided to create this thread in order to enlighten ourselves.

First of all, this method is quite different from photoshopping a face on an entirely different naked body. In this method which is more advanced than the former, the dress of the target in the picture is erased using sophisticated computer program(e.g advanced computer animation) with little or no import of any external image except little editing. For those of you saying 'why should i bother since the image is fake' please think again because the final product is usually so real even you yourself will begin to wonder when you took the picture talk more of family members or friends that will still doubt you even when you tell them it's fake in fact, how many people are you going to convince?. If you are still in doubt, see a photo of kareena kapoor below[img=http://s7.postimg.org/w127degff/kareena_kapoor_1.jpg][/url. Can you tell it is fake?........but it is! Now see the original image below and compare.[url=http://postimage.org/][img=http://s2.postimg.org/te7s353w9/kareena_kapoor_2.jpg] So nairalanders please take the DSS warning serious and avoid sending photographs anyhow especially one in which you have little clothes on because the more exposed your body is, the easier it is for fraudsters to use your pictures against you.. Please feel free to add or substract from my post.

(1) (Reply)

Ikpeazu, Unveils Enyimba Street Carnival / Buhari Urge Ministers-designate To Join Hands To Restore Nigeria’s Lost Glory / Soundbites On Saraki’s Trial At The CCT By Tomisin Yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.