Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 (62597 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / 3 Likely Sureties Who May Stand In To Meet Nnamdi Kanu Bail Conditions / Fayose Poses In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Ruling (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
Before You Celebrate Namdi Kanu' Bail, Read The Bail Application Ruling

The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Tuesday admitted the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, to bail on health grounds.

In a brief ruling, Justice Binta Nyako said that she was convinced that Kanu was ill and needed more medical attention than the Nigerian Prisons was giving him.

“The first defendant, Nnamdi Kanu, has appealed to the court for bail based on health grounds and it is only the living that can stand trial.

“So I am minded to grant him bail so that he can attend to his health and face his trial alive,” Nyako said.
She, however, ordered that while on bail, Kanu must not hold any rallies, grant any interviews or be in a crowd of more than 10 people.

Nyako gave other bail conditions to include three sureties in the sum of N100 million each.

She added that one of the sureties must be a senior highly placed person of Igbo extraction such as a senator.

The other surety must be a highly respected Jewish leader since Kanu said his religion was Judaism, while the third person must be a highly respected person who owns landed property and is resident in Abuja.

The judge further ordered that Kanu must deposit both his Nigerian and British passports with the court and that a report on the progress of his health must be made available to her on a monthly basis.

However, she refused bail to the three other defendants standing trial with Kanu, namely Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi.

The judge maintained that the only reason she admitted Kanu to bail was because of his ill health.
[/b]
She said that although the charge of terrorism had been struck out against the defendants, the charge of a treasonable felony hanging over them was a very serious offence.

She also refused a second application by the three defendants seeking a review of her earlier ruling that witnesses who were security personnel should be protected.

She said although the defendants had made the application for variation of the ruling based on the grounds that the charge of terrorism had been dropped, the charge of treasonable felony was equally a grave one.

Based on this, she said she would stick to her earlier ruling that as long as the witnesses were security personnel, they would testify behind a curtain or wear a mask. She adjourned the matter till July 11 and 12, for a definite commencement of trial.

This is ruling is more of a minus on IPOB Leader than plus... as the conditions given him dont seem to be nice for him as the proclaimed leader of IPOB

Link....

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/court-grants-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu-bail/amp

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by odiereke(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
No problem at all.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by okonja(m): 3:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
odiereke:
No problem at all.

You think so?...

1. A senior highly placed person of Igbo extraction such as a senator. - Might be possible

2. A highly respected Jewish leader - Jewish?..In this Nigeria?

3. A highly respected person who owns landed property and is resident in Abuja - This time of Whistle blowing, which highly respected person will drop that kind amount of money? lipsrsealed

I wish him well, BUT seriously, these bail conditions looks so stringent to meet up.

Anyway, let us all wait and see. cool

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by vayne(m): 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
This is because the case is not over,once the case is over an NK wins,all restrictions will be lifted and NK will have equal right as a citizen!

Nigeria does not have a right to deny him those privileges once the case is over!

Besides,the bail conditions can be challenged at a higher court!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by whitebeard(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
treason is punishable by death that's how it's done..

"bail him based on Ill health"

biafrans I think u should start looking for a replacement cause this niggardly is getting old and sick I believe when u were part of Nigeria u were agitating for a young leader now u have a old one..once a Nigerian always a Nigerian u people won't listen..

u have been warned..continue..!

as for me I will stand with Nigeria and help fight for her honour like a true patriot I won't back down. cause I have pledge to Nigeria

biafrans have been quoting me.. well I have a question for them

if someone in Biafra commits treason against Biafra what do u suggest should be done to the individual..?

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by sarrki(m): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2017
That terrorist begged for his release

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by dotcomnamename: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
What do you expect from 98% of 100% illiterates, touts and thugs? grin grin grin. Me and my friends just dey laugh when some people dey jubilate Lmao. Do you still remember how dey jubilate when court strike some counts out and the illiterates thought he will be released within 24 hours grin Lwkmd grin grin grin ? grin

For your information, the conditions for Nnamdi Kanu's bail are:

— Mr. Kanu must not hold rallies.
— He must not grant interviews.
— He must not be in a crowd of more than 10 people.
— He must provide three sureties in the sum of N100 million each.
— One of the sureties must be a senior highly placed person of Igbo extraction such as a senator.
— The second surety must be a highly respected Jewish leader since Mr. Kanu said his religion is Judaism
— The third surety must be a highly respected person who owns landed property and is resident in Abuja
— The IPOB leader must deposit his Nigerian passport
— He must also deposit his British passport with the court
— He must provide the court with reports on the progress of his health and treatment on a monthly basis.
— The order for him to deposit his Nigerian and British passports also mean he cannot travel out of the country (If this is considered, it is the thirteenth condition).

Gbam

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Crauxx(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
Anfonjas handiwork

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by odiereke(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
Na wah ooooo
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by smartty68(m): 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2017
They have given bloggers something to write about. Them go talk am sotey NairaLand server begin hang. SMH

18 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by DollarAngel(m): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!! When are we going to ever get it right, I read the conditions given out before he can get bailed, it was so appalling, then I said to myself, the reason the country is still in mess and shambles is becos we have misplaced PRIORITIES, believe if these are the conditions given to our corrupt Leaders that steals money meant for the well being of her people, leading to death of the poor citizens, then a little sanity would have been restored to this country. The Politicians are scared of Liberal minds, Nnamdi is more threat than corruption and incompetency been displayed in every nuke and crane of this country, I weep for Nigeria once small, UNTIL WE START GETTING IT RIGHT THINGS WE REMAIN THE SAME

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by policy12: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
...Jewish priest hmmm. Can NK trust Fayose hug?

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by DollarAngel(m): 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:
That terrorist begged for his release

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Nihilist: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by cytell56: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
okonja:

You think so?...

I wish him well, BUT seriously, these bail conditions looks so complex to meet up.

Anyway, let us all wait and see. cool
Sebi nah jew he call himself, ehnn he should be able to get a jewish leader nah

9 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by VIPERVENOM(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
where him wan find Jewish leader na?

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by VampireeM(f): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
in my opinion the conditions can be met wrt to surety. Three serving politicians or business men can stand for him but it would come with a huge price on him

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Igboesika: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
Some Eediats on this forum are singing another song after saying that he would rot in jail. Pained looser every where. The fact is that the bail has been granted, and by God's grace, the bail conditions would be met.

19 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
Him go tey for there.
Treason no be small offense now.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Pavore9: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
A Jewish leader? shocked

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Jeezuzpick(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin

Jewish leader.

Oya go dey find confam Rabbi.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by kossyablaze(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
We are getting there!

I feel for Afonjas tho

8 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Rose2014: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
Crauxx:
Anfonjas handiwork

My brother no be small something grin grin

What a sad day to be a Yoruba nairalander

I must appeal to FG to suspend the sale of otapiapia in SW to avoid casualties

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by hollywater: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
Op hu ask u? Bail na bail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by Chiedu4Trump: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
ITS OBVIOUS THAT THE JUDICIARY IN NIGERIA IS NOT INDEPENDENT!

WHY IS KANU WHO HAS NOT KILLED ANYONE BEING TREATED WORST THAN BOKO HARAM GUYS?

REMEMBER THE BOKO HARAM KIDNAPPER THAT SHOWED UP WITH A CHIBOK GAL?
HE WAS NOT EVEN HANDCUFFED, AND HE KIDNAPPED & RAPED.

WELL THIS SHOWS US WITH THE KILLINGS BY FULANI HERDSMEN THAT NORTH BELIEVE THEY CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE.

PLEASE GUYS FROM THE SOUTH-EAST & SOUTH-SOUTH, LETS SHOW THE SOUTH-WEST SOME RESPECT FOR THEIR HELP.

YES THEY HAVE THREATENED TO DROWN US IN THE LAGOON.
YES THEY HAVE REFUSED TO ALLOCATE FAIRLY GOVT MONEY TO US.
YES THEY HAVE SYSTEMATICALLY SACKED OUR PEOPLE FROM GOVT.

BUT IT WAS FAYOSE & KAYODE WHO WENT TO COURT.

SO GUYS LETS AT LEAST CHILL FOR THEM A MONTH OR SO.

WE ALL KNOW THAT ONE NIGERIA IS NOT WORKING, TO BE CANDID WE ALL HAVE THE SAME DEAD WEIGHT HOLDING US DOWN.

THESE STRINGENT BAIL CONDITIONS WERE DESIGNED TO BE DIFFICULT.
BOKO HARAM GUYS ARE TREATED BETTER THAN IGBO PEOPLE IN NIGERIA.
THIS ALONE CONFIRMS WE HAVE NO PLACE IN NIGERIA

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by madridguy(m): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
tongue

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 by okonja(m): 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
cytell56:

Sebi nah jew he call himself, ehnn he should be able to get a jewish leader nah

Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? / Nairaland 2019 Presidential Election Poll: Voting Thread / Hakeem Salami, A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.