Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) (44315 Views)

Tired Looking Traffic Warden Sleeping At A Junction In Abuja (Photos) / Terrible Motor Accident Around Tarzan Junction In Enugu (photos) / Dangote Truck Crashes At IMSU Junction In Owerri. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by canalily(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
nikkiking:
Over speeding kills.

Don't drink and drive.

Thank God no live was lost.
imagine o o oh shocked see small motor way never grow de speed like this and cause accident...what if when it garows what will it causeundecided
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by CR77(f): 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
grin grin grin
SeverusSnape:

Because of that beautiful daughter of yours, you're free to go unscathed.

1 Like

Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
Fatal when no one died?! undecided embarassed
Ok.. drive safely everyone.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by harry509: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2015
viviangist2:
Was not a happy day today at Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria Today, There was a "fatal accident" at the junction Today which many people were injured although No life was lost at the scene of the Accident, we thank God for that, see photos from the Scene of the Accident at "Maitama Junction In Abuja" Below.

source http://viviangist.com/deadly-accident-at-maitama-junction-in-abuja-nigeria-photos

tank GOD no life was lost.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by donziller(m): 10:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
:
SeverusSnape:
So B00HARI's body language odour have not touched our roads and motorists? undecided
This is so pathetic, I wish the victims quick recovery.
Thank goodness no life was lost.
: u be real akuya,
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
donziller:
:: u be real akuya,
You be real goat. I mean am o. grin real one.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by uniquejessy(f): 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
How is it a fatal accident wen no life ws lost?
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
There was a "fatal accident"

[/quote]

Thank God no life was lost.
However, I want to bring to your attention the usage of the word "Fatal accident" you use it when there is loss of life. You can use "ghastly" to describe the seriousness of the accident but no loss of life.

NB: FYI
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by MemeTroll: 10:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:
So B00HARI's body language odour have not touched our roads and motorists? undecided

shut up bruv ain't you got something better to do rather than come online and spew trash... get a job fam
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by IYANGBALI: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
tommenoh:
Dont play to the gallery, with words that have no cintext:ur use of d word "fatal",is misplaced. It actually refers to an accident with fatalities ie, incurring death. Since u were prudent euf to let us know, 'no deaths occurred, then y use 'fatal accident '?
he used fatal because one of the accident victims bears the name Fatai
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by phoenixcleans(m): 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2015
THE POSITIVITY AND NEGATIVITY OF EVERY ACCIDENT LIES ON THE SPEED AT WHICH U ARE DRIVING. NIGERIANS SHOULD BE CONSCIOUS OF THE FACT THAT WE HAVE ONLY ONE LIFE.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by celemel(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
I was at the scene (an eye-witness). Info is not factually completely correct as narrated by OP. Below is what I saw.

1. The accident happened along Kubwa Express, (on the expressway) opposite Aso Delight Bakery, close to Minister's Hill, NOT Maitama Junction
2. The nearest junction (on that side of the expresswa) is NICON junction, about a kilometer away
3. The cause was someone who tried to cross the expressway by foot (ignoring the footbridge at Gishiri junction, like we Nigerians do always). 4. A red mercedes c200 car at top speed suddenly saw the deranged man, swerved (to avoid killing him) and applied full brakes. The car skidded off the road, somersaulted and smashed roof-down in the gutter separating the expressway from the service lane.
4. Another car (old Toyota Carina II) rammed into the Benz from behind, also trying to dodge.
5. Two occupants of the Benz (husband and wife I suppose) were rescued alive with injuries and evacuated by NEMA ambulance to Maitama General Hospital
6. The second car's driver (sole occupant) was not injured.
7. The deranged man was not injured too.
The accident was not fatal or deadly, but was a very SERIOUS accident which held down traffic for some hours.
8. Over-speeding on the expressway is a very relative term, difficult to ascertain. Expressways are designed for speed. The reason it is called express.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by bashydemy(m): 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
SeverusSnape:

is stewpidity part of your birt right? What has Buhari got to do with those that want to kill their self due to overspeeding.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by kwajahafiz(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
viviangist2:
Was not a happy day today at Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria Today, There was a "fatal accident" at the junction Today which many people were injured although No life was lost at the scene of the Accident, we thank God for that, see photos from the Scene of the Accident at "Maitama Junction In Abuja" Below.

source http://viviangist.com/deadly-accident-at-maitama-junction-in-abuja-nigeria-photos

Mumu..how can it be "fatal" when nobody lost their life?..

Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Miky248(m): 10:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Thank God for saving their lives
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by karleone(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Holuwakemmy16:
Hope no life lost?

Even with the concise nature of the story, you still did not see "No life was lost at the scene of the accident..."
My dear, try and read it again.

No ills intended, though.
If you must quote me (negatively), just know *I Love You*
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by karleone(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
GEJmustGO:
omg but in aother news Is this not a conspiracy why will the apc senators be the one to reject the payment of 5000 naira monthly allowance to unemployment youth?. Did they forget that it was baba buhari and papa osinbanjo that make that promise.
President muhammad buhari and VP osinbanjo during their campaign make the above promise to nigerians , they promised that unemployed graduates and poorest Nigerians will receive at least 5000 naira as monthly allowance., this was the promise made before the election.
What transpired today in the senate will really shock many nigerian, the motion for the payment of 5000 naira as monthly allowcontinue reading

What happened to placing comments on the right thread...
For consciousness sake, this thread is for the "fatal (in OP's words) accident along Maitama road and not APC n PDP House of Senate palava.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by brownlolly(m): 11:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
No life was lost and yet you call it fatal?

Are you a student?

Are you a graduate?

If you work, which company employed you?

Shame!
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by noble0(m): 11:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
Lol!
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Missonas(f): 11:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
Over speeding na the order of the day un dis twn. Everybody is always in a hurry to where, I don't know
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by excel101(m): 11:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
[quote author=nikkiking post=39686346][/quote] Nikki, please don't mind seveussnape Jor. Buhari hand no dey inside o na Buhari cause am
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
viviangist2:

It's a ghastly accident , not a fatal accident. In fatal accidents, people always die.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Nickymezor(f): 12:09am On Nov 05, 2015
It wasnt deadly nw OP.. . Glad no lives were lost sha.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by ujezeez(m): 12:31am On Nov 05, 2015
I saw d aftermath of that accident...some drivers are reckless...that is what u get 4 unnecessary speeding
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 05, 2015
tommenoh:
Dont play to the gallery, with words that have no cintext:ur use of d word "fatal",is misplaced. It actually refers to an accident with fatalities ie, incurring death. Since u were prudent euf to let us know, 'no deaths occurred, then y use 'fatal accident '?
something could be fatal, yet someone come out unscathed!
Some diseases are fatal, but not everyone dies after suffering from such fatal diseases.
Fatal means: that can cause death.
That accident above can cause death.
But nobody died this time around.
It is fatal anyway.
Op is correct my guy!
Before I forget, thank God for saving their lives.
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by victorazy(m): 1:46am On Nov 05, 2015
What makes it "ghastly" when no life was lost?
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 05, 2015
omoarole:

Abi o.....Nairalanders and ignorantly displayed sensationalism....he obviously wanted to use a better adjective to communicate the seriousness of the crash grin grin grin
something could be fatal, yet someone could come out unscathed!
Some diseases are fatal, but not everyone dies after suffering from such fatal diseases.
It is fatal anyway.
Op is correct my guy!
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 05, 2015
olenyi:

Fatal accident, yet no one died.

''fatal'' is used where someone died.

All these bloggers that are fond of sensationalising news.
It is fatal anyway.
Op is correct my guy!
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 05, 2015
talktrue1:
Deadly and fatal accident but still no death.
It is fatal anyway.
Op is correct my guy!
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by Rejoice5000(f): 3:52am On Nov 05, 2015
Ember month God protect your people;;;;;
Re: Deadly Accident At Maitama Junction In Abuja Nigeria (photos) by October1960: 4:25am On Nov 05, 2015
Or, maintenance of cars and roads or lack thereof we will never know. Glad no loss of life

Totee9:
Are those vehicles certified before they're let in or sold in the country ? That may be the reason for faulty brakes and other internal problems causing all these accidents.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Kilometre Of Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway Completed With Street Lights / A Trip Back To Titanic(Historical Photos). / I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.