Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,814 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means (2425 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / What Change Means To A Resident Of Borno (pics) / Photo Of Yakubu Gowon Shaking Present Canada PM As A Toddler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by samofson: 2:23am On Nov 05, 2015
I watched the swearing in of the New Canadian PM and almost shed tears because it showed how we have totally misconstrued the Change Mantra .

Justin Trudeau's slogan during his campaign was real change and immediately he was sworn in the change was clear to see. His ministers were sworn in immediately after him and their portfolios was announced during the swearing ceremony.

His cabinet is made up of 50% women. Some of these women will hold high profile portfolios like the Justice Minister. He also didn't use and dump the youths as 3 of his ministers are in their 30's with one of them being a 30 year old daughter of Afgan refugees.

Justin Trudeau's first bill to be introduced to parliament is to cut taxes to the middle class. These few things show that there is some real change coming to Canada.

Coming back to our dear Nigeria, our politicians used the youths as bait to gather support but dumped us like used tissue paper after the elections results was announced. Some of these youths are still licking their wounds on both sides APC & PDP alike.
PDP youths are chasing PDP for monies owned and promises broken while APC youths calls dey enter voicemail.

I seriously think that its high time that the X generation take the bull by the horn, pick a leader from our own generation who truly represents our cause and also understand the speed at which we expect things to be done.

With all the antics and 'house of cards' moves that have been playing out between the legislature and the executive in the past 5 months while our economy continues its downward spiral to oblivion, it is clear to the blind and audible to the deaf that our current and past leaders clearly do not have the interest of the youth and the future of our great nation at heart.

13 Likes

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by rubyradiance(f): 2:39am On Nov 05, 2015
My dear rest,its only God that will save this country at this point,,our politians don't have 1% love for this country,,,all they are doing is business every 4 years,they invest and expect profit in the next 4 yrs strategizing on how to keep their customers "THE YOUTHS" loyal..May God help & SAVE NIGERIA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 05, 2015
Truth be told, even the youths do not know they are being used irrespective of all facts steering at their face! All they care for is crumbs from the dining table of politicians!!

The problem is hydra headed and it can only take the grace of God to break the vicious cycle.

1 Like

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Andyg: 3:14am On Nov 05, 2015
Change
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by magicminister: 3:18am On Nov 05, 2015
The fact that the masses would see obasanjo and treat him like a king, while they support the lynching of petty thieves only tells me that there is little hope for this country.
Instead of hailing obasanjo on that plane, I expected those people to boo him.
We get the leaders we deserve

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by aresa: 3:54am On Nov 05, 2015
Harjit sajjan.

Defense minister..

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 05, 2015
magicminister:
The fact that the masses would see obasanjo and treat him like a king, while they support the lynching of petty thieves only tells me that there is little hope for this country.
Instead of hailing obasanjo on that plane, I expected those people to boo him.
We get the leaders we deserve

.... But you never told us why they should boo him? Stealing??
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by JohnFrankling(m): 4:47am On Nov 05, 2015
Nigerians are not ready to hold our leaders accountable

3 Likes

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by magicminister: 4:49am On Nov 05, 2015
krusdamax:

.... But you never told us why they should boo him? Stealing??

Do you live in nigeria??
If you do, then you are part of the problem. If not, then your ignorance is pardonable.

6 Likes

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by ValerianSteel(m): 5:10am On Nov 05, 2015
I did too and I saw a nation that couldn't be any prouder to have Trideau as their PM.It's truely a real change.
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by rassan: 5:27am On Nov 05, 2015
Don't ever compare canada with Nigeria. U have to compare Nigeria with developing countries. What has been damaged for years can't just be repaired within months. Let's all of us really work/pray for the real change. All our politicians never descended from heaven but they are from all tribes/ethinics within us in Nigeria. As far as am concern all Nigeria are lacking true love for one another. But love of money from the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by miqos02(m): 5:29am On Nov 05, 2015
not suprised

1 Like

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Nobody: 5:34am On Nov 05, 2015
Under 16years of PDP, Nigeria was taken back to the 17th century. It take proper planning by PMB to move us to 18th century. After that, El rufai will come and get us to 19th century, then Dr ibe Kachukwu will move us to 20th century.

3 Likes

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Nobody: 5:42am On Nov 05, 2015
tobimillar:
Under 16years of PDP, Nigeria was taken back to the 17th century. It take proper planning by PMB to move us to 18th century. After that, El rufai will come and get us to 19th century, then Dr ibe Kachukwu will move us to 20th century.
Op, this is the problem right here! People like this seeking eternity for the "change" with frivolous excuses.

3 Likes

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 05, 2015
liberty300:
Op, this is the problem right here! People like this seeking eternity for the "change" with frivolous excuses.

Well twas 16 years of slavery my people are finally liberated from the shackles of corruption and fraud that characterized the 16 tears of PDP misrule
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by RockMaxi: 5:48am On Nov 05, 2015

@OP, I have stopped blaming this set of people you call leaders.
Majority of today's youths do not understand ideological representation.
We are not cohesive about determining the future we desire rather we see this so called leaders as the people to give us that future we desire. We have forgotten that
most of today's leaders are actually seeking their own future.
No blame game until we attack that constitution that stops youth from contensting an elective office until 30years.
We the youths must realise that most of this leaders are actually buying time so that they can replace themselves with their children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by PRYCE(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2015
Buhari's only achievements so far are his appointment of ministers, making a big deal out of it, travelling abroad, Demarketing Nigeria in the process and taking Nigeria's economy into a nosedive!
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by juman(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2015
The change in nigeria is also real change. The government will surely deliver. There is renew hope that nigeria would be better country. The challenges are so many, that was why the new government here could not kick start like that.

What is left for the government to do is to implement what they have in stock for the country.
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by BALLOSKI: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2015
Tell us how the party that lost the election destroyed Canada and their institutions in the last 2 decades , and we will show you how it would not have been impossible to have the new PM hitting the ground running.

They have institutions that work in such countries. So no matter who's coming on board, they don't bother cos they know he or she is not bigger than their institutions.

Why would any sane mind compare Nigeria and Canada at this point in time? Canada never had it so bad like we are having as a nation. Can you tell me when a party like pdp ever existed in Canada? You now know why we can't take off in Nigeria like the new PM is doing.

3 Likes

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by ofala(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2015
The stagnation in Nigeria can't just be discussed without asking what our Youths had constructively done to keep any government of the day on its toes

The gullibility of the majority of Nigerian Youths whose Immediate future are being mortgaged by THEIVING politicians is very nauseating

3 Likes

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by sanmibukunmi: 6:58am On Nov 05, 2015
Now, that is a government with a plan. I always said it that if Buhari had a plan, he would have known whom his ministers would be even before he won the elections.
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by BALLOSKI: 7:01am On Nov 05, 2015
RockMaxi:

@OP, I have stopped blaming this set of people you call leaders.
Majority of today's youths do not understand ideological representation.
We are not cohesive about determining the future we desire rather we see this so called leaders as the people to give us that future we desire. We have forgotten that
most of today's leaders are actually seeking their own future.
No blame game until we attack that constitution that stops youth from contensting an elective office until 30years.
We the youths must realise that most of this leaders are actually buying time so that they can replace themselves with their children.

I can't believe our constitution recognizes that at 18, you are grown, but to contest for an elective post, you mui be 30. Such a huge lacuna!

1 Like

Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Bollove: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2015
Canada is a developed country and smooth running of government has been conducted for more than century.

What PM of Canada did, if you do it in Nigeria, your government will crumble because you have to always watch out for animal in human skin in Nigeria ....

Nigeria is not Canada but the time will come when we shall be at par ...Trust Buhari grin
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by lmm4real: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2015
Humm
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Bollove: 7:05am On Nov 05, 2015
tobimillar:
u re dreaming, if Buhari spend four years, Fashola will take over after elrufai but where Buhari spend 8years Na Fashola e go remain.

Kachiku ke !!!
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Misterlaby: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Interesting
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 05, 2015
magicminister:

Do you live in nigeria??
If you do, then you are part of the problem. If not, then your ignorance is pardonable.

Part of the problem? Maybe your knowledge of his sins seems unprofitable if you who claims to know, being an informed youth has not done any thing about it.

When you are convinced you are armed with facts and figures of his(Obasanjo's) numerous sins, yet you sit quietly in your corner bemoaning in silence, you are as helpless as any other ignorant youth out there.

Be the change you want to see in others, take the first legitimate bold step in instituting a process aimed at bringing him to book, if you can't, collaborate with like minds and start some actions that can be verified as panacea to the problem etc. My point.
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by lawrenceunaa: 7:37am On Nov 05, 2015
Change is like a Number line the negative change is what APC have brought to this country. Men are now women with running taps as mouth
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:50am On Nov 05, 2015
samofson:
I watched the swearing in of the New Canadian PM and almost shed tears because it showed how we have totally misconstrued the Change Mantra .

Justin Trudeau's slogan during his campaign was real change and immediately he was sworn in the change was clear to see. His ministers were sworn in immediately after him and their portfolios was announced during the swearing ceremony.

His cabinet is made up of 50% women. Some of these women will hold high profile portfolios like the Justice Minister. He also didn't use and dump the youths as 3 of his ministers are in their 30's with one of them being a 30 year old daughter of Afgan refugees.

Justin Trudeau's first bill to be introduced to parliament is to cut taxes to the middle class. These few things show that there is some real change coming to Canada.

Coming back to our dear Nigeria, our politicians used the youths as bait to gather support but dumped us like used tissue paper after the elections results was announced. Some of these youths are still licking their wounds on both sides APC & PDP alike.
PDP youths are chasing PDP for monies owned and promises broken while APC youths calls dey enter voicemail.

I seriously think that its high time that the X generation take the bull by the horn, pick a leader from our own generation who truly represents our cause and also understand the speed at which we expect things to be done.

With all the antics and 'house of cards' moves that have been playing out between the legislature and the executive in the past 5 months while our economy continues its downward spiral to oblivion, it is clear to the blind and audible to the deaf that our current and past leaders clearly do not have the interest of the youth and the future of our great nation at heart.

The system we practice arent d same ok. We operate a presidential system while canada practises parliamentary system. So ko jo ara won.
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by bonechamberlain(m): 7:59am On Nov 05, 2015
the difference is clear, one is a literate voted by educated and rational thinking people, while the other is an illiterate voted by both educated and illiterates who are myopic and gullible.
Re: Canada's PM Showing What Real Change Means by imsuboi(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2015
rubyradiance:
My dear rest,its only God that will save this country at this point,,our politians don't have 1% love for this country,,,all they are doing is business every 4 years,they invest and expect profit in the next 4 yrs strategizing on how to keep their customers "THE YOUTHS" loyal..May God help & SAVE NIGERIA

Even your god is tired of this zoo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Murray And Sudden Change In Attitude (snapshot) / Don’t Relocate Mile 12 Market – Kano Gov. Appeals Ambode / Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.