Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari (2426 Views)

I Will Never Please My Children At Detriment Of Nigerians- Buhari / Corruption Fight: You Can Never Satisfy Nigerians – Buhari / UNIMAID Attack: Terrorism Will Never Triumph Over Peace-Loving Nigerians- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by donatusdesmond: 5:42pm On May 30, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has on Sunday, May 29, disclosed why he declined to release details of looted assets, recovered from alleged corrupt persons as promised.

Buhari stated this through the Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, hours after the presidential Democracy Day broadcast.

“Yes, he initially said so, (that he’ll give specific details about recovered loot), but he was advised against doing so for legal reasons,” Mohammed was quoted saying during an interview on Channels Television.

Buhari had on May 14, in London, ‎promised to provide specific details of stolen asset by former public officials.

“So far, what has come out, what has been recovered in whatever currency from each ministries, departments and individuals, I intend on the 29th to speak on this, because all Nigerians are getting from the mass media, because of the number of people arrested either by the EFCC, DSS. But we want to make a ‎comprehensive report on the 29th,” Buhari had said.

However, during his nation-wide address on Sunday morning, the President failed to make the details public. Instead, he said, the Information Ministry would soon release relevant details.

The development immediately drew public outrage, that the president has once again failed to live up to his words. However, Lai Mohammed said his principal has the right to reverse himself.

“Of course, he has a right to reverse himself on that,” he said.

The Information Minister however, said the administration will publish some details of recovered loot, but a far cry from what the president initially promised.

“We will get the list, but not today; before the end of the week. But I must say not with the names,” he said.

http://www.post-nigeria.com/why-i-specifically-lied-to-nigerians-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by donatusdesmond: 5:43pm On May 30, 2016
My people,food is ready

2 Likes

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by DickDastardly(m): 5:50pm On May 30, 2016
Buhari sef!

1 Like

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by collinsVP: 5:59pm On May 30, 2016
We will not appreciate any document that is of no material benefit to us. We want the names of enemies of the state.

You accepted what they brought. So tell us who brought them. Otherwise, keep all to yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Pidggin(f): 5:59pm On May 30, 2016
grin grin grin Clown

2 Likes

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by akp202(m): 6:16pm On May 30, 2016
Inconclusive names report

1 Like

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Apelex(m): 6:18pm On May 30, 2016
GOVERNMENT OF LIES angry undecided angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Hongbenga(m): 6:26pm On May 30, 2016
There's no way details can be released without definite resolution of the cases in a court of law.
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by SirREX94: 6:27pm On May 30, 2016
They are on their own o!
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by infogenius(m): 6:33pm On May 30, 2016
All these APC guys think Nigerians are Dummies because they voted for a man without waec result as the president.
That is y they come up with nollywood scripts for their so called mumus.

Anyway let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Blackfire(m): 6:50pm On May 30, 2016
Holy mallam u will rule this country till 2023...
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Csami(m): 6:52pm On May 30, 2016
Man of integrity! grin grin grin

Modafucker!
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by ajebuter(f): 6:55pm On May 30, 2016
Why won't he LIE when he has LAI to corroborate his LIES

PMB is now Liar-in-chief..
grin
grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by vanndubi: 7:16pm On May 30, 2016
Liver failure. But then he's human too.
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by ilovetheline: 7:23pm On May 30, 2016
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 30, 2016
when people say this man is a dullard I understand
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Jbond(m): 7:54pm On May 30, 2016
Same shit,different air freshener.
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Nbote(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2016
Hongbenga:
There's no way details can be released without
definite resolution of the cases in a court of law.

But there's a way to kip speculating on corrupt officials refunding monies even though dey have yet to b prosecuted or convicted... Una ehn. Why then won't d govt shut up until d whole case has been conclusively decided.
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:56pm On May 30, 2016
Don't mention mr president.

We all know if u have told us ur true intention, u wouldn't have been president today.
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 30, 2016
Inconclusive and lying government.
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by STPEACE10: 11:33pm On May 30, 2016
failed government, Perhaps, this hardship is the price we have to pay for the mistake made in 2015 general election,

In Other News, Our Public Liar Officer, Mr. Lia Mohammed said he can generate different lies that will go round all Nigerian Citizens in just One Week.
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 30, 2016
It's no coincidence that LIEmohammed is the minister of information for the Buhari administration. It's like lalasticlala and snakes. grin grin grin
Re: Why I Specifically Lied To Nigerians – Buhari by Segadem(m): 12:52am On May 31, 2016
mischievous heading

(1) (Reply)

Enugu Boys In New York Research Laboratory- Photos / SHOCKING: Popular Nigerian G@y Activist Weds Lover (PHOTOS) / APC taking over Anambra unless...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.