Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Senegambian Couture In Pictures! - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Senegambian Couture In Pictures! (81238 Views)

Quality Customized Hand-made Couture Long-sleeve Shirts / Omoni Oboli Serves Rock Chick, Glam Goddess & Couture In New Promo Photos. / 10 Tricks That Make You Instantly More Beautiful In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by Thadude(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2009
I'd like to get some.
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by nich(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2009
correct! cool

'dont mind getting some education on fashion. wink
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by zaliya(f): 10:14pm On May 14, 2009
Wow!!!! These are nice pix you got here. Please what does it take get these from Senegal and Gambia?

Naija brothers and sisters see QUALITY O!!!!!!! smiley
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by Ndipe(m): 11:19pm On May 14, 2009
I just want to see what the famous boubou looks like. Senegal and Gambia are noted for their designs on their traditional garb, but if this is really the best that those countries have to offer, then I have to say that there is nothing special about their designs.
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 11:24pm On May 14, 2009
Ndipe:

I just want to see what the famous boubou looks like. Senegal and Gambia are noted for their designs on their traditional garb, but if this is really the best that those countries have to offer, then I have to say that there is nothing special about their designs.
NO this is not the best, there are much more. Not every tailor can get their stuff on the internet, so not unless you go there and see for yourself.
Do you know the amount of time and patient taken to do those up there . .can you do them?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by Ndipe(m): 11:28pm On May 14, 2009
mukina2:

NO this is not the best, there are much more. Not every tailor can get their stuff on the internet, so not unless you go there and see for yourself.
Do you know the amount of time and patient taken to do those up there . .can you do them? 

No, I cant, but honestly, from I have heard about Senegales/Gambian Fashions, you would think that they are the best in West Africa. But in my opinion, they are simply overhyped and no less different from other fashions in Nigeria. Not bragging or anything, but I'd like to think that Nigeria's fashions are also edgy.
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 11:45pm On May 14, 2009
I do not know much about Nigerian Fashion, but from what i have seen, i think Senegalese are the best in West Africa, when it comes to embroidery designs.
I do not want to be dragged into who's better or who's not.
I think everyone is entitled to what they believe.
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by nipalm(m): 1:57am On May 15, 2009
What is the name of the material called used in sewing those men wear?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by Nobody: 7:38am On May 15, 2009
What is so special about sane human beings wearing parachutes 24/7? tongue
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by dejiariyo: 10:17am On May 15, 2009
i have seen nigeria designers do better than this, go check the ankara outfits from nigeria fashion show in lagos last week, i have seen better designs than this.
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 11:41am On May 15, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by JJYOU: 11:56am On May 15, 2009
mukina these are good pics but what i asked earlier which you must have delected is these same styles and clothes are made in nigeria and ghana so what makes them perculiar to senegal or the gambia?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 12:01pm On May 15, 2009
JJYOU:

mukina these are good pics but what i asked earlier which you must have delected is these same styles and clothes are made in nigeria and ghana so what makes them perculiar to senegal or the gambia?

you asked earlier where?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by queen01(f): 12:31pm On May 15, 2009
i so love my country The Gambia, dese outfits are so lovely. thank u mukina2. can see ur also in Gambia n live in kerr sering.

Are u Nigerian or?

wonderful outfits, ya'll should come downd to Gambia n visit our designers,
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 12:33pm On May 15, 2009
queen01:

i so love my country The Gambia,  dese outfits are so lovely. thank u mukina2. can see ur also in Gambia n live in kerr sering.

Are u Nigerian or?

wonderful outfits,  ya'll should come downd to Gambia n visit our designers,

Yeah where are you? smiley

No i am not Nigerian.
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by JJYOU: 12:46pm On May 15, 2009
mukina2:

you asked earlier where?
unless this thread is double i definately asked.  anyway if u didnt get it my appologies. i like them and want to know how they are different from the naija ones.

by the way are some of the models pros?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by queen01(f): 12:49pm On May 15, 2009
ooh i tot ur Nigerian sah, ur Gambian den rite?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 12:52pm On May 15, 2009
JJYOU:

unless this thread is double i definately asked.  anyway if u didnt get it my appologies. i like them and want to know how they are different from the naija ones.

by the way are some of the models pros?
how am i supposed to know, how they are different from Nigerian ones i be international tailor? grin cheesy

I guess so . .some of them are professionals

queen01:

ooh i tot ur Nigerian sah, ur Gambian den rite?
LOL dan ga wa "sah" grin even on the net . .LOL grin Naa am not Gambian wink
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by JJYOU: 12:59pm On May 15, 2009
mukina2:

how am i supposed to know, how they are different from Nigerian ones i be international tailor? grin cheesy

I guess so . .some of them are professionals

LOL dan ga wa "sah" grin even on the net . .LOL grin Naa am not Gambian wink
international tailor ke? are these your creations? if they are you have great hands wish you well. why not have them on online. you can flog them. it would be easier to do business via western union and paypal with you
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 15, 2009
you can pretty much get these designs and better from your local tailor in Nigeria. Especially the male clothes.

queen01:

wonderful outfits, ya'll should come downd to Gambia n visit our designers,

I think our designers are doing pretty much the same thing . . . grin
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 1:05pm On May 15, 2009
JJYou
No they are not my creations and i cant sew either.
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by dayokanu(m): 1:54pm On May 15, 2009
Queen ,

Are you Gambian? I am Gambian too Saa chota. Doh deh ham
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 1:57pm On May 15, 2009
dayokanu:

Queen ,

Queen please disregard the one i striked through wink

dayo angry angry angry
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by Shaunscot(m): 12:17am On May 16, 2009
Jere Jeff mukina.

I think one needs to get to Gambia or Senegal to appreciate these designs
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mohawkchic(f): 1:50am On May 16, 2009
mukina2:

~I love this one . . .
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by Nobody: 1:52am On May 16, 2009
I'm still waiting for the site, Mukina
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by ikamefa(f): 3:54am On May 16, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

muki flash back to page 1 see that  blue lace thingy? the girl with the sassy pose?  wink

gbam!

Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by queen01(f): 10:17am On May 16, 2009
mukina2,

how u doin? sorry i couldnt reply back yday was a bit busy, na nga def

@ dayo,
am disappointed in u, is dat d way u approach or meet people on d net, by insulting dem sad
nways like mukina2 said will just ignore u,
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by JJYOU: 10:26am On May 16, 2009
dayokanu:

Queen ,

dayo, did i hear you insult mukina? start your obituary announcement cos her team of loyal fans are coming for you very soon. this is supposed to be a quiet place why bring your abuse here?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by mukina2: 10:57am On May 16, 2009
MC and Ika
thanks kiss

Toyin
i'll do that today .

Queen
please forgive him smiley
Man fi rek . .bu ko faleh. kii defa toi. grin

JJyou
he insulted me where?
nothing like that will happen.
Dayo does not understand Wolof . . .i wonder where he got that from. grin
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by dayokanu(m): 11:08am On May 16, 2009
Queen
Balal ma
Abeg nor vex Na my teacher dey teach me rubbish for Wolof. She said Saa chota was a popular greeting, You know How people mess with your mind when You are learning a new language. Please

JJYOU,
Mukina nor fit do me anything She dey my bedroom right now dey chop Koboko. Mukina abi you fit?
Re: Senegambian Couture In Pictures! by JJYOU: 11:51am On May 16, 2009
dayokanu:

Queen
Balal ma
Abeg nor vex Na my teacher dey teach me rubbish for Wolof. She said Saa chota was a popular greeting, You know How people mess with your mind when You are learning a new language. Please

JJYOU,
Mukina nor fit do me anything She dey my bedroom right now dey chop Koboko. Mukina abi you fit?
enjoy her. she is one of NL of best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Ugandan Ladies Do Not Wear Panties - By UgandaExposed / Lady's Asoebi Mini Dress Leaves Internet Users Displeased, / White Lady Darkens Her Skin, Now Black (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.