Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans (22281 Views)

The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World / 10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Timileyin008: 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
Last time I checked this is a public forum..
Krystalzkris:
last time i checked,i didnt complain to you...
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Krystalzkris(f): 1:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
Timileyin008:
Last time I checked this is a public forum..
lol.. That is not a ticket to bury yourself in the matter..
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by ayoolataiwo(m): 1:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
kudos guyz...u pals re d best
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Timileyin008: 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
Who told you I was gonna bury you go and die in your village your people will bury you not me.
Krystalzkris:
lol.. That is not a ticket to bury yourself in the matter..
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Enetim(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2016
Interesting and very educating
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnydon22:

I doubt the solar wind hypothesis. . . We are much closer to the Sun than Mars and so i think Solar winds should have much effect on the earth than Mars...

So If solar wind had such effects on Mars, Why is earth still hoarding an enormous amount of liquid water..

(tho waters on Mars must have been far more older than what we have on earth..)

Alongside Mars having an ancient ocean before, it is also thought mars had a much thick atmosphere like earth..

What ever murdered those Thick atmosphere took the water with it.

My best guess is a Planetary Collision, Mars might have been a bit bigger than it is now, a collision with another planetary body e.g Asteroid Can really dismantle Mars' rich atmosphere remember Asteroids react like nuclear bomb on impact.

So i think It was a collision which evaporated the Waters in the process, peeled off most of Mars' atmosphere until we are left with what we have now..

Debris from that collision must have contributed to the debris in the asteroid belt..

Take a look at the picture of Mars i put up there, You noticed the huge scar on the planets surface?..

Might be remnants from the impact.. ...
Don't you think it has something to do with density and gravity,since liquid water is denser than ice,thereby making it the only possible way to retain them because most of the bodies might not just have enough gravity to hold them in a liquid,if you ask me,I would say some or most of these bodies which have ice water must have had liquid water earlier or liquid water later at the right temperatures!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Don't you think it has something to do with density and gravity,since liquid water is denser than ice,thereby making it the only possible way to retain them because most of the bodies might not just have enough gravity to hold them in a liquid,if you ask me,I would say some or most of these bodies which have ice water must have had liquid water earlier or liquid water later at the right temperatures!
Very nice point boss, at the same time distance from the sun is another important factor.

Most of these planetary bodies still retain liquid water beneath the icy surface due to tidal heat....
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by ben1daEbiri(m): 2:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnydon22:
Very nice point boss, at the same time distance from the sun is another important factor.

Most of these planetary bodies still retain liquid water beneath the icy surface due to tidal heat....
That's why i think sometime later [a few years or more]we would see liquid water from half or more of these bodies you mentioned...I love your work,please DON'T stop!...jeez,i just discovered i wasn't following you,I'll do that ASAP!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
That's why i think sometime later [a few years or more]we would see liquid water from half or more of these bodies you mentioned...I love your work,please DON'T stop!...jeez,i just discovered i wasn't following you,I'll do that ASAP!!!
Thanks boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Mailthaddeus(m): 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnydon22:
CALLISTO

Here we are yet again another of the great Galilean moons, my favourite Callisto.

The moon is relatively large and has a very interesting look when picture and heavily cratered.

Callisto has a decent amount of rocks and ice and a sub surface ocean beneath of liquid water.

Quite a boring moon if you ask me, shows no form of activities like volcanic activities or tectonic movements..

Named after one of my favourite Mythical character the Callisto a nymph in hellinistic mythology... Have a huge crush on her grin

But who wouldn't love having this baby on our night sky as another of our moon wink we probably would have if jupiter was not such a greedy bastard.. undecided hoarding all the moons to himself angry

I.e: Galilean moons are four main moons of Jupiter discovered in the 1600s by the esteemed Galileo Galilei using his Galilean telescope. . . Can show you how to make a Galilean telescope at home and enjoy observing the night sky...

Show me pls
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 3:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mailthaddeus:

Show me pls
Alright boss, i will open a thread on it soon and mention you!!

1 Like

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Gebbson007(m): 3:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Teempakguy:

The solar wind is actually very dangerous. and also, in space, distance doesn't matter. without atmospheric friction to reduce speed over time, things do not slow down at all. the solar wind will continue to move at the same speed . . . forever.
earth still has a lot of water because of our magnetosphere. which deflects the solar wind. like a force field.. another of those cool things. grin

[b][i]

Mars does not have a strong magnetosphere. because of this, the solar wind is in direct contact with it. no deflection. i think the reason mars doesn't have this magnetosphere is because of that collision you mentioned. it must have jumbled up the core very badly and must have destroyed it. a planet needs to have an intact core in order to have a functioning magnetosphere.

I don't think the collision is solely responsible for the stripping of mars' liquid water because, earth has also been involved in such a collision. which gave rise to the moon. and yet, we still have water. i think the worst the collision could have done was to
1. convert a lot of the water into gaseous form, instead of liquid,
2. destroy mars' magnetosphere,

the result would be an eventual stripping of water vapour and oxygen over the millennia. transforming the planet into what we now see.

here is a picture (artistic representation) of what is going on.

Another depressing fact. in the last 200 years, the earth's own magnetosphere has decreased by 15%. so . . . get ready, the earth is going to be loosing some weight in the next 5000 years. grin grin

excess fat is bad fr d globe
eg
OBasanjo
n so on.....
....... wink
Teempakguy:

The solar wind is actually very dangerous. and also, in space, distance doesn't matter. without atmospheric friction to reduce speed over time, things do not slow down at all. the solar wind will continue to move at the same speed . . . forever.
earth still has a lot of water because of our magnetosphere. which deflects the solar wind. like a force field.. another of those cool things. grin

[b][i]

Mars does not have a strong magnetosphere. because of this, the solar wind is in direct contact with it. no deflection. i think the reason mars doesn't have this magnetosphere is because of that collision you mentioned. it must have jumbled up the core very badly and must have destroyed it. a planet needs to have an intact core in order to have a functioning magnetosphere.

I don't think the collision is solely responsible for the stripping of mars' liquid water because, earth has also been involved in such a collision. which gave rise to the moon. and yet, we still have water. i think the worst the collision could have done was to
1. convert a lot of the water into gaseous form, instead of liquid,
2. destroy mars' magnetosphere,

the result would be an eventual stripping of water vapour and oxygen over the millennia. transforming the planet into what we now see.

here is a picture (artistic representation) of what is going on.

Another depressing fact. in the last 200 years, the earth's own magnetosphere has decreased by 15%. so . . . get ready, the earth is going to be loosing some weight in the next 5000 years. grin grin

excess fat is bad fr d globe
eg
OBasanjo
n so on.....
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Jay5000(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
"Our eyes and experience tell us the Earth is flat and motionless, and everything in the sky revolves around us. When we cease to believe our own eyes and experience we must prostrate ourselves at the feet of the very pseudo-scientists who blinded us, to treat them as "experts," astronomical "priests" who have special knowledge only they can access, like the Hubble telescope. By brainwashing us of something so gigantic and fundamental, it makes every other kind of lesser indoctrination a piece of cake!

Earth being the flat, fixed center of the universe, around which everything in the heavens revolves denotes a special importance and significance not only the Earth, but to us humans, the most intelligent among the intelligent designer's designs. By turning Earth into a spinning ball thrown around the Sun and shot through infinite space from a Godless Big Bang they turn humanity into a random meaningless, purposeless accident of a blind, dumb universe! It's trauma-based mind-control! They beat the divinity out of us with their mental manipulations. "

Galileo,NASA and their ilk have done a fantastic job.

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2014/11/the-globe-earth-lie.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by kingsarch2000: 4:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
This is a very educative piece of work. Please keep it up.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
Flat Earth truthers are funny people. Why deny the wonder and the majesty that exists in the universe for the unconfirmed, baseless theory that the Earth is flat?

Please, this is a fantastic thread, and people beware of unnecessary, conspiratorial theories like the ones quoted below.

Jay5000:
"Our eyes and experience tell us the Earth is flat and motionless, and everything in the sky revolves around us. When we cease to believe our own eyes and experience we must prostrate ourselves at the feet of the very pseudo-scientists who blinded us, to treat them as "experts," astronomical "priests" who have special knowledge only they can access, like the Hubble telescope. By brainwashing us of something so gigantic and fundamental, it makes every other kind of lesser indoctrination a piece of cake!
Earth being the flat, fixed center of the universe, around which everything in the heavens revolves denotes a special importance and significance not only the Earth, but to us humans, the most intelligent among the intelligent designer's designs. By turning Earth into a spinning ball thrown around the Sun and shot through infinite space from a Godless Big Bang they turn humanity into a random meaningless, purposeless accident of a blind, dumb universe! It's trauma-based mind-control! They beat the divinity out of us with their mental manipulations. "
Galileo,NASA and their ilk have done a fantastic job.
http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2014/11/the-globe-earth-lie.html

Dawdy:
All these things are speculations, assumptions conjunctions. Recently, some people have Emerged in America. They call themselves earth-flaters. They said people have been lied to by Nasa. They said earth is flat and No body has ever been to the moon, It all hoax.
The said apolo moon landing is hoax because no one can never pass through the van allen belt to the moon, it is very deadly. You can watch them on youtube.com to confirm their convincing evidences.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2016
Teempakguy:
I have a theory that the reason why mars doesn't have much water on it's surface is because of solar winds blowing away liquid water away from the planet over the millennia. i need someone to work it out mathematically.

my evidence is er . . . well, mars only has dense gases on it's surface right now. and a lot of sand. that is weathering. how did that happen? how is it possible for the surface of a planet to be so full of sand if there wasn't a consistent weathering system? and i recently read of how mars had all the lighter gases in it's atmosphere blown away by solar wind because it's magnetic field is very weak.

it follows that as the gases were being blown away, water must have evaporated due to the decrease in temperature.. these would have then being blown away as well.

johnydon22, what do you think of this?
you are always talking rubbish. like wtf is the bolded ? mathematically work wetin ? drunk man teempak. orijin master undecided
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
you are always talking rubbish. like wtf is the bolded ? mathematically work wetin ? drunk man teempak. orijin master undecided
Riggghtt . . . just like you who says you don't believe in gravity. yet came to write bullshit on the gravitational waves thread about how gravity is pulling souls into some crap place. talk about blatant contradiction of conviction.

Go and sit down one place. You have no understanding of the universe you live in. The people I'm talking to know what I'm talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 5:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnydon22:

I doubt the solar wind hypothesis. . . We are much closer to the Sun than Mars and so i think Solar winds should have much effect on the earth than Mars...

So If solar wind had such effects on Mars, Why is earth still hoarding an enormous amount of liquid water..

Alongside Mars having an ancient ocean before, it is also thought mars had a much thick atmosphere like earth..

My best guess is a Planetary Collision, Mars might have been a bit bigger than it is now, a collision with another planetary body e.g Asteroid Can really dismantle Mars' rich atmosphere remember Asteroids react like nuclear bomb on impact.

So i think It was a collision which evaporated the Waters in the process, peeled off most of Mars' atmosphere until we are left with what we have now..

Debris from that collision must have contributed to the debris in the asteroid belt..

Take a look at the picture of Mars i put up there, You noticed the huge scar on the planets surface?..

you do know in october 2014 there was a HUGE collision by comet siding spring C / 2013 A1 with mars. very huge collision. it fried some of NASA roving equipment on mars. point being thats a very good guess cuz mars is always getting hard collisions.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
Teempakguy:

Riggghtt . . . just like you who says you don't believe in gravity. yet came to write bullshit on the gravitational waves thread about how gravity is pulling souls into some crap place. talk about blatant contradiction of conviction.

Go and sit down one place. You have no understanding of the universe you live in. The people I'm talking to know what I'm talking about.
you are drunk on orijin lol. earth which is much closer than mars to the sun still has water but you come up with this your yeye theory that it is solar winds. walahi talahi teempak you need to leave that ekiti weed alone undecided
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
you are drunk on orijin lol. earth which is much closer than mars to the sun still has water but you come up with this your yeye theory that it is solar winds. walahi talahi teempak you need to leave that ekiti weed alone undecided
Dude, shut . . . up.
Johnydon22, whom I was talking to, raised the same argument. And I explained to him that the closeness of the earth the sun is of no consequence. as there is no friction or atmospheric resistance in space. and as such. solar winds do not slow down over time. it doesn't matter how far you are, they will get to you at the same speed.
I also explained that the reason why earth still has a lot of water is because the solar wind does not interact with the atmosphere at all. but rather the magnetosphere which shrouds the earth and is produced by the earth's molten core. as a result, eroding effects of the solar wind is greatly diminished. for _fucks sake. I even put a picture to illustrate my point. what more do you want?

Also, are you now telling me earth is closer to the sun than mars? what . . . now you believe in the solar system? or you just make up crap and adhere to beliefs as you go along to fit with your personal insecurities?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
you do know in october 2014 there was a HUGE collision by comet siding spring C / 2013 A1 with mars. very huge collision. it fried some of NASA roving equipment on mars. point being thats a very good guess cuz mars is always getting hard collisions.
I thought you don't believe NASA? or anything they say?

or you now do? what exactly is going on here?

Also, the comet did NOT collide with mars. at all. I don t know where you get your crap from. angry
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2016
Teempakguy:
Dude, shut . . . up.
Johnydon22, whom I was talking to, raised the same argument. And I explained to him that the closeness of the earth the sun is of no consequence. as there is no friction or atmospheric resistance in space. and as such. solar winds do not slow down over time. it doesn't matter how far you are, they will get to you at the same speed.
I also explained that the reason why earth still has a lot of water is because the solar wind does not interact with the atmosphere at all. but rather the magnetosphere which shrouds the earth and is produced by the earth's molten core. as a result, eroding effects of the solar wind is greatly diminished. for _fucks sake. I even put a picture to illustrate my point. what more do you want?

Also, are you now telling me earth is closer to the sun than mars? what . . . now you believe in the solar system? or you just make up crap and adhere to beliefs as you go along to fit with your personal insecurities?
leave that ekiti weed alone brah. its the constant collisions of comets and other celestial bodies with mars that fried that planet. for some weird reason the trajectory of many comets is in the path of mars. this collision just 2014 fried it even more. the whole planet lit up in fire

[img]http://data1.ibtimes.co.in/en/full/350827/comet-mars.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.virtualtelescope.eu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/c2013a1_mars-640x480.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.virtualtelescope.eu/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/c2013a1SidingSpringMars_19oct20141.jpg[/img]
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 6:11pm On Feb 19, 2016
Teempakguy:
I thought you don't believe NASA? or anything they say?

or you now do? what exactly is going on here?

Also, the comet did NOT collide with mars. at all. I don t know where you get your crap from. angry
i believe nasa on some things but they are also a propaganda outfit for the west wink
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
leave that ekiti weed alone brah. its the constant collisions of planets with mars that fried that planet. for some weird reason the trajectory of many comets is in the path of mars. this collision just 2014 fried it even more. the whole planet lit up in fire

lit up in what? grin grin grin grin dude, what are YOU smoking?

1. mars cannot "burn" or "lit up in fire" because it's atmosphere is made of carbon dioxide and sand. both of which are literally fire extinguishers. and which are stable compounds. hence cannot react with oxygen in a stable reaction. i.e fire.

2. There is no wierd reason. in fact, earth and other planets also get hit by stuff. earth gets hit by meteorites equalling several thousand tons every single year. in fact, the moon itself is theorized to have formed from a collision.

3. that comet did not hit mars. it performed a flyby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
i believe nasa on some things but they are also a propaganda outfit for the west wink
Selective disbelief.

honestly, you can't expect me to take you seriously when you have selective disbelief. that makes you an extremely illogical and irrational person. so you don't believe NASA's images of a round earth. but you believe it's images of a comet hitting another planet. the hell?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 6:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
Teempakguy:
Selective disbelief.

honestly, you can't expect me to take you seriously when you have selective disbelief. that makes you an extremely illogical and irrational person. so you don't believe NASA's images of a round earth. but you believe it's images of a comet hitting another planet. the hell?
unless you are a zombie, no man has 100 percent of the answers. so you cant blindly follow someone 100 percent unless you are a zombie named teempak lmao. there is truth everywhere but no one has 100 percent truth - your job is to look for that truth and in this quest you have to be selective lipsrsealed
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by sukkot: 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
Teempakguy:
lit up in what? grin grin grin grin dude, what are YOU smoking?

1. mars cannot "burn" or "lit up in fire" because it's atmosphere is made of carbon dioxide and sand. both of which are literally fire extinguishers. and which are stable compounds. hence cannot react with oxygen in a stable reaction. i.e fire.

2. There is no wierd reason. in fact, earth and other planets also get hit by stuff. earth gets hit by meteorites equalling several thousand tons every single year. in fact, the moon itself is theorized to have formed from a collision.

3. that comet did not hit mars. it performed a flyby.
grin grin grin dude i watched the live show, i swear it was colliding atmospheres. the collision between both atmospheres ignited and lit up both atmospheres of mars and the comet. it was like an atomic bomb explosion. i watched it live. see, i have been on this celestial quest for a long time. let me see if i can find a video of someone who recorded it live

i found the video. watch mars get fried when siding spring collided with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Bm7blbkBI
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Jay5000(m): 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
MrMister:
Flat Earth truthers are funny people. Why deny the wonder and the majesty that exists in the universe for the unconfirmed, baseless theory that the Earth is flat?

Please, this is a fantastic thread, and people beware of unnecessary, conspiratorial theories like the ones quoted below.

Calling people names like flat earthers or conspiracy theorists or wailing wilers does not negate fact. It is however a very clever and effective way of discouraging people from examining evidence by trying to discredit the school of thought. The approach of an educated mind to a hypothesis is to research and examine the evidence before coming to conclusions. Unfortunately, our educational system now only offers workforce training and a near zero capacity for critical thinking or research.
You were taught that the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour, and that earth spins round the sun at 67,000km per hour and you believed it without question. How much research did you do before deciding to believe that story? My guess - none. If you didnt research that, i'm sure you didnt research this. If youre not interested in researching the evidence, that's fine. My post was actually meant to stimulate the mind to ask questions and seek truths.

One of the motivations for researching this topic was mainly because i am an educated Christian and this argument conforms with the biblical description of this earth. I hope you find some motivation to do some research on this - even if it's just to prove that flat earthers are talking trash.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
sukkot:
grin grin grin dude i watched the live show, i swear it was colliding atmospheres. the collision between both atmospheres ignited and lit up both atmospheres of mars and the comet. it was like an atomic bomb explosion. i watched it live. see, i have been on this celestial quest for a long time. let me see if i can find a video of someone who recorded it live

i found the video. watch mars get fried when siding spring collided with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Bm7blbkBI
are you _fucking kidding me?

man, are you a troll or what? I mean, this is unbelievable. man. you have Got to be faking this. a human being CANNOT be this slow. sad

from the video you yourself posted.

" . . . an incredible video . . . shows the atmosphere of mars exploding as the comet siding spring passes by within 87000 miles of the red planet . . .

the video then goes on to simply doubt that NASA's equipment is safe. it doesn't even question the statement above. and NASA itself has claimed that it's equipment was safe. and in fact, since then, we have had a lot of photographs of mars from the rovers and orbiters. which wouldn't have been possible had they been destroyed.

explode is very different from ignite. man. if a balloon bursts and explodes. do you say it has ignited? the seeming "ignition" is simply because of the heat and light that emanated from the intense friction that arose when the comet brushed by mars. I assure you. no fires were lighted. and the planet certainly did not "burn"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Jay5000:

Calling people names like flat earthers or conspiracy theorists or wailing wilers does not negate fact. It is however a very clever and effective way of discouraging people from examining evidence by trying to discredit the school of thought. The approach of an educated mind to a hypothesis is to research and examine the evidence before coming to conclusions. Unfortunately, our educational system now only offers workforce training and a near zero capacity for critical thinking or research.
You were taught that the surface of the earth at the equator moves at a speed of 460 meters per second--or roughly 1,000 miles per hour, and that earth spins round the sun at 67,000km per hour and you believed it without question. How much research did you do before deciding to believe that story? My guess - none. If you didnt research that, i'm sure you didnt research this. If youre not interested in researching the evidence, that's fine. My post was actually meant to stimulate the mind to ask questions and seek truths.

One of the motivations for researching this topic was mainly because i am an educated Christian and this argument conforms with the biblical description of this earth. I hope you find some motivation to do some research on this - even if it's just to prove that flat earthers are talking trash.
Mr . . . I have researched this so called flat earth conspiracy. I crawled their website and even downloaded an ebook. "200 proofs the earth is not a spinning ball!" by some eric dubay character.

of course, the proofs were nothing but ad hoc, emotion driven explanations that didn't actually prove anything and could be easily debunked by any scientist.

Flat earthers are flat earthers because of one reason. they can't bear the truth of their insignificance in the grand scheme of the cosmos. they feel the need to be the babies of a God. be at the center of the entire universe. because their bible/quran tells them so. in fact, eric dubay blatantly states this in his proof #197

. If the Earth is the center of the Universe, then the ideas of God, creation, and a purpose for human existence are resplendent. But if the Earth is just one of billions of planets revolving around billions of stars in billions of galaxies, then the ideas of God, creation, and a specific purpose for Earth and human existence become highly implausible.

This is a movement driven by emotion. not cold hard science.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Craigston: 6:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
johnydon22:

A science fiction theory postulates that the state of Mars resulted from an interplanetary war that had cosmic effects.
It's science fiction, of course.
The writer, Joseph Farrell, a Physicist, suggests that the Giza pyramid was an ancient experiment for an interplanetary weapon of mass destruction, and that a similar weapon was being developed by Mars' inhabitants at the time: a kind of arms race. Eventually, the weapon on Earth was armed and deployed, and our near cousins on Mars suffered the effect more terribly.
You can find the book "The Giza Death Star Deployed" by Joseph Farrell.
It seems this link will work:
[url]projectavalon.net/Joseph_Farrell_The_Giza_Death_Star_Deployed_The_Physics_and_Engineering_of_the_Great_Pyramid_2003.pdf[/url]
Cute theory for fiction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k / Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya / AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.