Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. (2437 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates / Advice On Change Of Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Contumely: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
I am no atheist. But for sometime now I have been ruminating on this issue and was jolted into creating this thread by a front page post titled '' Miraculous Way I Got a Job Without Connections"

www.nairaland.com/2714874/miraculous-way-got-job-without

In that post the dude narrated how he had been searching for a job with a 2:1 in Engineering and none was forthcoming.
Owing to frustration, he took up a sales job where he earned 35k and while on the sales job he continued acquiring skills. He later applied to innumerable firms, companies both online and off line and ultimately one paid off and he was offered a job with relatively good salary.

Now he made allusions to owing everything to God and many comments that ensued seemed to validate that and all joined him thanking God.

This is just one of such cases. Everyone who gets job here is wont to attribute the success to God even when such nexus can't be made.

It appears they do it out of fear of the unknown and not conviction.

MY SNAG:

Did God actually help this guy? if in the affirmative, how and in what ways, given that:

1. He was randomly searching and applying for jobs for long and later succeeded accidentally and randomly. His case methinks is one of sheer luck, serendipity or chance.

2.If we give thanks to God for that, who then do we blame for many others roaming the streets probably with good grades yet no jobs.

3.The dude in question had perseverance, was hardworking , exerting and developing himself. None of these was acknowledged ultimately

Please share first hand experiences if any.

Cc:
ejitemi1, blackberrybabes, worth
14teenk, ajanlekoko, jarus , xfire, zubby77,
zaragal , maverickexcel1, naijacareerist, lawyer, queenfav
johnvianney
frodow
lalasticlala
kiete
generalkorex.
plaetton
johnydon22

Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Interesting topic.
Let's wait and hear from our brothers and sisters in the lord.
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Favour!

Our Gos is awesome. In life, there are always some forces unseen that does things, either good or bad.
Believe me, knowing God plays a good part while ignorance plays another.

The difference between getting the job by the help of God and getting it by other unknown forces is 'peace of mind'.

There is once a politician that said, while in the university, and i quote, "if i fail before i graduate, then i believe there is God".
Behold, he never failed, thus believing there is no God, but the question is "after the certificate, will there be peace of mind for him?"

That you are typing this now, dont you think someone must have been responsible for that!
Have you even ever asked why some companies, while employing, just see a name, just because they love the spelling or something
just declared the person should be given the job... it must have been God. Although, it works hnad in hand with hard word...
Cos faith without work is dead!

My question to you op:
Have you ever witnessed a fatal accident, where every one died but one?
Why is the person not dead?

My own opinion: in EVERYTHING in this life, there is always a GOD FACTOR!

1 Like

Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by kritikali(m): 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Religionist over to you...
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by vandops10(m): 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
destiny
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by hob(m): 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2015
I was not here
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by raayah(f): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
Atheists call it luck, Christians call it "Grace of God"
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2015
vandops10:
destiny
Destiny doesnt just happen... you have to work for it!
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:
Favour!

Our Gos is awesome. In life, there are always some forces unseen that does things, either good or bad.

The difference between getting the job by the help of God and getting it by other unknown forces is 'peace of mind'.

There is once a politician that said, while in the university, and i quote, "if i fail before i graduate, then i believe there is God".
Behold, he never failed, thus believing there is no God, but the question is "after the certificate, will there be peace of mind for him?"

That you are typing this now, dont you think someone must have been responsible for that!
Have you even ever asked why some companies, while employing, just see a name, just because they love the spelling or something
just declared the person should be given the job... it must have been God. Although, it works hnad in hand with hard word...

My question to you op:

My own opinion: in EVERYTHING in this life, there is always a GOD FACTOR!

Exactly as expected.

Meanwhile , what is responsible for those that are still roaming the street without jobs?

Also, why did it take long for the guy cited in the example to get that job?
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
iamayodeji:

Exactly as expected.

Meanwhile , what is responsible for those that are still roaming the street without jobs?

Also, why did it take long for the guy cited in the example to get that job?
As i stated earlier, our God is awesome.
If Ben Carson didnt start as a dull boy (which he is not) and the mother seeing a need to help him
in his studies, he might not be what he is today!

If Albert Einstein, Steve jobs and the likes are not high school drop out, they might not have make that much impact.

If GEJ hasnt schooled in Otuoke and trek without sandals, he might not have became a president!

Every big venture, investment, sky scraper, big building all start from a small picture with a strong believe.
Those roaming the street are not daft, not lazy and not clowns. Just that they fail to put to use their God given
strength and ability (the brain).

Even before God comes into the picture, we have to draw the picture for him to carry out.

Things needed to succeed!
1. Plan well
2. Prepare extensively
3. Pray with believe
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by kevoh(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
Contumely:

www.nairaland.com/2714874/miraculous-way-got-job-without

MY SNAG:

Did God actually help this guy? if in the affirmative, how and in what ways, given that:

1. He was randomly searching and applying for jobs for long and later succeeded accidentally and randomly. His case methinks is one of sheer luck, serendipity or chance.

2.If we give thanks to God for that, w then do we blame for many others roaming the streets probably with good grades yet no jobs.

Please share first hand experiences if any.
Typical Religious answer of the theists:
1. god works in mysterious ways (Duhhhh, millions of graduates are roaming the streets, some have given in to crimes, others suicide e.t.c what is mysterious about that)

2.The devil is the cause ( but someone CREATED this devil and this creator sits by and watch this devil cause this unemployment havoc, it must either be enjoying the havoc or he is simply powerless to stop it or neither of them really exist)

3. Destiny! ( So it is the fate of millions of unemployed graduates to remain unemployed, broke, dejected and helpless to the point of suicide. That is what their mission on this earth is abi? )

If you are really looking for who to blame, then read the News. Greece is having it real hard, oil prices are falling and affecting nations that depend entirely on it, zero economic policies in Nigeria that will create jobs, sacking of employees becoming a regular thing, 40% of the Nigerian graduates themselves have zero skill and can not be employed, others are just too selective, many are spending their youth defending thieving politicians online and offline e.t.c

Thread might be good in the religious section too. CC : Dalaman, hahn, plaetton, Johnydon22

1 Like

Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Contumely: 1:12pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:
Favour!

My question to you op:
Why is the person not dead?!

He may be alive just by accident. Nobody knows why because a priest could be among the dead ones.
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
Contumely:

He may be alive just by accident. Nobody knows why because a priest could be among the dead ones.
Thats where God comes in. Him alone knows the reason.
When Myles Munroe died in the plane crash, i just asked why...
But it must av been for the best. Even been alive by accident, its by God alone!
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Contumely: 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:

Thats where God comes in. Him alone knows the reason.
When Myles Munroe died in the plane crash, i just asked why...
But it must av been for the best. Even been alive by accident, its by God alone!

You just said its accident and at the same time say it's God.

Again, If I am travelling with five kids and have an accident with three dying on the spot. Do I give God thanks for the two alive? If yes, who do I blame for the death of the three?
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2015
Contumely:

You just said its accident and at the same time say it's God.

Again, If I am travelling with five kids and have an accident with three dying on the spot. Do I give God thanks for the two alive? If yes, who do I blame for the death of the three?

Wouldnt wanna make so much arguments on this. To have a better understanding, read the story of Job in the bible if you are a christian.
If otherwise, just search for Job in the bible and read his story!
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by plaetton: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2015
kevoh:

1. god works in mysterious ways (Duhhhh, millions of graduates are roaming the streets, some have given in to crimes, others suicide e.t.c what is mysterious about that)

2.The devil is the cause ( but someone CREATED this devil and this creator sits by and watch this devil cause this unemployment havoc, it must either be enjoying the havoc or he is simply powerless to stop it or neither of them really exist)

3. Destiny! ( So it is the fate of millions of unemployed graduates to remain unemployed, broke, dejected and helpless to the point of suicide. That is what their mission on this earth is abi? )

If you are really looking for who to blame, then read the News. Greece is having it real hard, oil prices are falling and affecting nations that depend entirely on it, zero economic policies in Nigeria that will create jobs, sacking of employees becoming a regular thing, 40% of the Nigerian graduates themselves have zero skill and can not be employed, others are just too selective, many are spending their youth defending thieving politicians online and offline e.t.c

Thread might be good in the religious section too. CC : Dalaman, hahn, plaetton, Johnydon22

It's part of the "Name it and claim it " Theology.
Another proof that faith is just simply extreme, fearful doubt.

I laugh when I ask my family members why l enjoy good health, enjoy a peaceful and satisfactory life , despite the fact that I neither pray to nor acknowledge any long dead Jewish Palestinian and of his schizophrenic sky papa, they ( my christian family members and relatives) claim that their prayers is what is sustaining me.

They even want to rob me of credit for my own life.

What a bunch.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Contumely: 1:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
raayah:
Atheists call it luck, Christians call it "Grace of God"

How exactly does it work?
Where does it start and end? During application processes? interview? what? how?
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
plaetton:

I laugh when I ask my family members why l enjoy good health, enjoy a peaceful and satisfactory life , despite the fact that I neither pray to nor acknowledge any long dead Jewish Palestinian and of his schizophrenic sky papa, they ( my christian family members and relatives) claim that their prayers is what is sustaining me.

What a bunch.

And you never believed that their prayers have been sustaining you?
I fear what is gonna happen when they stop praying!
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Contumely: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:

Wouldnt wanna make so much arguments on this. To have a better understanding, read the story of Job in the bible if you are a christian.
If otherwise, just search for Job in the bible and read his story!

No arguments but discussion.

Yes I know the story of job but that doesn't clinch this.
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by plaetton: 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:
Favour!

My question to you op:

My own opinion: in EVERYTHING in
this life, there is always a GOD FACTOR!

Lol.

Don't delude yourself that you made any sense in this post, because you didn't.

Do me a favor , and lets substitute Tooth fairy for every point where you mentioned god , and then lets see what your posts looks like, how sensible or senseless it is.

If you do this, then you might get an idea of just how atheists read and interpret your posts and views.

I still can't believe why christian people don't believe in the Tooth fairy, despite the fact that it is the earliest and most widespread and consistent religion in the world.

1 Like

Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by hahn(m): 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
kevoh:

I actually has the same thought when I first read the thread. I guess the simple fact is that people will need something to believe in. I think it is best to leave them to their beliefs. Whatever makes them happy undecided

However, it is unfortunate that such qualities as perseverance, determination and consistence as displayed by the op, he even had me in awe, where given no consideration and instead "god" took all the praise. For doing nothing

This is just another evidence of how the average Nigerian is conditioned to lack of belief in himself and always feel they are incompetent. Instead of motivating unemployed youths to be persistent, consistent and determined, they are taught to "put their trust in god" and when they fail, they are accused of not having enough "faith" undecided

Pathetic

Dearpreye and hungerbad might have something to add to this
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by johnydon22(m): 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
. [b]One could continue to always see reasons why i find some religious beliefs to be disturbing.

We have billions of homeless people in this world, little children dying of hunger and natural devastating disasters killing and destroying as we speak.

The creator of the vast universe is busy ignoring these pressing matters that should have been a number 1 priority for something that allegedly is interested in the activities on earth but No it has no interest in that.

He is busy checking for who to find their keys, who masturbated or who you sleep with or finding some lone unemployed youth a job.

This religious concept of supernatural favour is one i find to be an arrogant, absurd, selfish and greedy idea.

"I probably don't deserve this but i have the favour, that little child probably need and deserve help but he doesn't have a favour then let him die"

It is a concept that gives people the impression that they are more worth than others.

Just take a look at this; An action of providence, chance and sheer normal circumstance that can play out for anybody out there is being dubbed the work of God.

If such is the work of a God then i think with the pressing devastating and dehumanizing issues pressing this planet that deserve more attention being ignored i would say that God has a huge issue of Priority misplacement.

Humans tend to give thanks to deities who are no where to be found for actions and results of human interactions resulting to random providence denying the ones that actually deserve the "thanks" what they rightly deserve in order to channel it to some invisible unfounded deity.

I give no imaginary concept credit for the achievement or failures of mankind or our society.

These like every thing thing out there is not an act of some supernatural deity but this is an event of human societal reactive result.

It is outrageous to think, it is quite hilarious for me watching the type of arrogance, greed and selfishness humans exhibit.

In this egoistic delusion of self exultation, confident moroni_c braggadocio we have prized ourselves more deserving and more important part of the universe.

We assumed up a creator for the universe, countless number of stars, billions of galaxies, trillions of planets, asteroids, nebulas all swirling together in a chaotic dance of universal harmony.

But in a little insignificant dot somewhere in a little insignificant solar system, the creator of this vast universe is busy finding keys, jobs or checking who i get married to.

Religions has never ceased to amuse me with such nonsensical megalomaniac ideas and beliefs.
[/b]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by plaetton: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2015
[quote author=donTbone post=39707572][/quote]

This is the idiocy of religious belief.

You invisible skydaddy ignores millions of Nigerians who pray 10 times a day, fast,sow seeds, pay tithe, to sustain me who mocks him and gives him the middle finger?

What a schizophrenic god.
grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by hahn(m): 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2015
johnydon22:

.com grin
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by hahn(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
plaetton:

What a bunch.

Lol @ bolded. Actually, it is my prayer that's sustaining you grin
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Don't delude yourself that you made any sense in this post, because you didn't.

Do me a favor , and lets substitute Tooth fairy for every point where you mentioned god , and then lets see what your posts looks like, how sensible or senseless it is.

If you do this, then you might get an idea of just how atheists read and interpret your posts and views.

I still can't believe why christian people don't believe in the Tooth fairy, despite the fact that it is the earliest and most widespread and consistent religion in the world.
My religion doesnt teach me to be a believer of fairy tails. As for the atheist, they chose their way and i chose God!
You wanna know more about atheist, google search "God's Not Dead" movie!
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by hahn(m): 1:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:

As i stated earlier, our God is awesome.
If Ben Carson didnt start as a dull boy (which he is not) and the mother seeing a need to help him
in his studies, he might not be what he is today!

If Albert Einstein, Steve jobs and the likes are not high school drop out, they might not have make that much impact.

If GEJ hasnt schooled in Otuoke and trek without sandals, he might not have became a president!

Every big venture, investment, sky scraper, big building all start from a small picture with a strong believe.
Those roaming the street are not daft, not lazy and not clowns. Just that they fail to put to use their God given
strength and ability (the brain).

Even before God comes into the picture, we have to draw the picture for him to carry out.

Things needed to succeed!
1. Plan well
2. Prepare extensively
3. Pray with believe

Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs didn't "pray with belief" to your god. How come they became successful?
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
hahn:

Albert Einstein and Steve Jobs didn't "pray with belief" to your god. How come they became successful?
Never mistake the place of prayer for the place of responsibility.
They were successful cos of hardwork... If they were God believing people, who knows where they would av been now!

For whatever we do, jus remember ETERNITY!
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by hahn(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:

Never mistake the place of prayer for the place of responsibility.
They were successful cos of hardwork... If they were God believing people, who knows where they would av been now!

For whatever we do, jus remember ETERNITY!

Lol @ bolded. They are in our history books. Where else could they have been?

Your pastor's preach to you followers with ipads created by atheists. Doesn't that tell you something?
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by donTbone(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
hahn:

Lol @ bolded. They are in our history books. Where else could they have been?

Your pastor's preach to you followers with ipads created by atheists. Doesn't that tell you something?
Where they have been... i mean "HEAVEN OR HELL"

...created by Atheist in hell for Pastors to make heaven!
And who says Atheist created the Ipads

You mioght even have reasoned that the pastors shouldnt use any phone!
They are humans like us... The level of grace just made the difference!
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by Shollyps(m): 2:13pm On Nov 05, 2015
NO...he doesn't
Re: Does God Play Any Role In Searching/ Securing Of Jobs. by hahn(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
donTbone:

Where they have been... i mean "HEAVEN OR HELL"

...created by Atheist in hell for Pastors to make heaven!
And who says Atheist created the Ipads

You mioght even have reasoned that the pastors shouldnt use any phone!
They are humans like us... The level of grace just made the difference!

How sure are you that they are in hell? Do you have any proof of that?

Besides, you and your pastor are destined for hell, by Islamic beliefs, for believing in Jesus Christ undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Drilling Services Training Course In Port Harcourt / Professional Welding Training Graduands In Port Harcourt (pictures) / Nigeria Police Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.