Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

The November Blackout Event - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The November Blackout Event (1436 Views)

Nigerian Engineer Invents Power-generating Device To End Blackout / 15 Days Of Darkness On Earth.(november Blackout) How True! / #blackout-november........ What Will You Be Doing During This 15days Of Total-bl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The November Blackout Event by Melons(f): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
Some media outlets are reporting on a NASA announcement that states that the Earth will experience 15 days of total darkness between November 15 to November 29, 2015.

The event will see the world plunged “in complete darkness” starting on Sunday November 15th, 2015 at 3 a.m. and has been dubbed the “November Black Out” event.

Newswatch33.com reports:
Charles Bolden, who was appointed to head of NASA by President Obama, issued a 1000 page document explaining the event to the White House.

According to the report, on October 26, 2015, Venus and Jupiter will engage in a close parallelism, only being separated by 1 degree. Venus will pass to the southwest of Jupiter, causing Venus to shine 10 times brighter than
Jupiter. The light from Venus will heat up the gases on Jupiter causing a reaction.

The gaseous reaction will release an unprecedented amount of Hydrogen into Space. The Hydrogen gas will make contact with Earth’s sun at approximately 2:50 a.m. The amass amount of Hydrogen making contact with the sun will cause a massive explosion on the Sun’s surface. The explosions will cause the Sun’s surface temperature to increase to 9,000 degrees Kelvin in an instant.

The sun will then attempt to cease the explosions by emitting heat from its core. The heat will cause the Sun to dim to a bluish color. Once the sun reaches the bluish color, it will take approximately 14 days to restore its normal surface temperature, returning it's normal color to the Red Giant.

While the sun is cooling the surface, the light from the sun will be much dimmer. Because it takes anywhere from 7 to 8 and a half minutes depending on the Earth’s rotation for light from the sun to hit Earth, people will not
know the event has happened until 2:58 a.m on November 15th.

Some areas of the world may experience brief moments of light for 7 to 8 minutes, but the Earth will then go back to complete darkness until the Sun’s surface temperature has been restored.

Bolden held a conference with the Obama Administration to discuss further details of the “Black Out” event. According to Bolden, “We do not expect any major effects from the Black Out event. The only effect this event will have on Earth is an increase of 6 to 8 degrees in temperature. The polar cap will not be
majorly affected by this. No one should worry much. This event would be similar to what Alaskans experience in the winter.” Bolden further added, “The only other effect it will have is everyone will get to have a true Black Friday after Thanksgiving. With 15 days of darkness ahead, one can only imagine what will happen on Earth. Despite NASA’s attempt to keep the public calm regarding the black out, with that many days of darkness, something is bound to happen.
Re: The November Blackout Event by Tizzie: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hmm

Read about this few days ago & I don't think it holds any water. Might be one of nasa's fallacies
Re: The November Blackout Event by teelaweee(m): 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2015
Zobo tutu
Re: The November Blackout Event by ElDaIllest(m): 2:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
all this black out,black in,blood moon,blah blah blah,all since Obama's tenure, God punish devil,I hope say this man and NASA no wan connive initiate the world to one alien cult like that... well I might prolly be sounding like someone from the stone age right now..let's watch and see...(orders a cold bottle of orijin)
Re: The November Blackout Event by johnydon22(m): 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Can you guys just shut the fuuuck up. . . there is no solar blackout that is going to happen and NASA said nothing the news is hoax..

Please nobody should pay to this nonsense in the Op...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The November Blackout Event by psucc(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
Even if it must happen, na for america e go be for legalizing and coercing other nations into homosexuals.
Re: The November Blackout Event by Wandeabbas: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2015
Lol but as Nigerians how do we know the difference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The November Blackout Event by kolexepana: 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
johnydon22:
Can you guys just shut the fuuuck up. . . there is no solar blackout that is going to happen and NASA said nothing the news is hoax..

Please nobody should pay to this nonsense in the Op...
Don't take it personal now
Why you so pained?

1 Like

Re: The November Blackout Event by johnydon22(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
kolexepana:

Don't take it personal now
Why you so pained?

I am neither pained nor taking it personal. . . it is not right spreading untrue rumours and hoaxes in public...
Re: The November Blackout Event by mosjames: 12:05am On Nov 06, 2015
johnydon22:

I am neither pained nor taking it personal. . . it is not right spreading untrue rumours and hoaxes in public...
I don't believe it either
But then again, you never can tell,
Might be true
Re: The November Blackout Event by Melons(f): 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
But why is johnydon22 angry na. Person no fit follow you play again. Na your type dey enter prank quick quick.

If it's science, all these Sci-fi movies and series I watch have made me know nothing is impossible in these times.
Re: The November Blackout Event by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
even if the entirety of venus were plunged into the sun, nothing will happen.

EVEN IF the ENTIRETY of ALL the planets in the solar system were plunged into the sun, NOTHING, i repeat, NO _FUCKING THING, will happen.

now stop spreading these rumors. wink
Re: The November Blackout Event by BlaqqDahCritic: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2015
Dis Is Pure Bull Sh!T...N..Btw Who Nasa Help...? Who White House Help...?
Re: The November Blackout Event by imagrg(m): 7:53am On Nov 07, 2015
This one nor go happen for Nigeria. We go block am. Oya, where Pastor Chris, TB Joshua and others? We need your intervention! Daddy Buhari, help us oh! NEPA come back and help oh!

(1) (Reply)

2016 Top 20 Internet User By Country : Check Out Nigeria Rank / Samsung Announces Galaxy Grand With 5- Inch WVGA Display / Science/technology. The Worst Moderated Section on Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.