Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Is It Wrong To Add "Playing Guitar" As One Of Your Hobbies, In Your CV? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is It Wrong To Add "Playing Guitar" As One Of Your Hobbies, In Your CV? (485 Views)

Baby Dies After Falling Into A Well While Playing (Graphic Photos) / How To Add Links To Nairaland Posts / This Young Guy Died Playing Music With Earpiece On The Road (graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Add "Playing Guitar" As One Of Your Hobbies, In Your CV? by BlackRuth(f): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2015
Playing guitar is my hobby will it give a wrong impression if i add it to my CV?
Re: Is It Wrong To Add "Playing Guitar" As One Of Your Hobbies, In Your CV? by Prodigee: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
Why not! As long as it's relevant to the job role or position you applied for. An instance: you applied for a music artiste manager job. Including such info in your CV would still be relevant to that role. Comprehende?
Re: Is It Wrong To Add "Playing Guitar" As One Of Your Hobbies, In Your CV? by Onegai(f): 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
As a hobby, it's fine and gives the employer a more refined idea of who you are. But why not write: "musician/instrumentalist (Guitar). That sounds more polished and well-trained and a skill than just writing "playing guitar".

(1) (Reply)

21 Year Old Nigerian Invents A Device To Ensure Light Does Not Go Out In Medical / Who Or Whom? / Luckyngr Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.