Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? (3929 Views)

Samsung Officially Kills The Note Series To Give 4 Years Of Android OS Upgrade / Xiaomi Mi A3 Unboxing, Review & Price. Mi A3 + GCAM Vs iPhone 11 Pro Camera / TECNO Camon X Pro Vs Iphone X - Blind Camera Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Grammywinner: 7:24pm On May 14, 2020
In the smartphone world, the Android and iPhone OS have been the favorites of many for a long time. More than 90% of the world's population prefer the Android and iPhone OS over other mobile operating systems.

Everybody has got their reasons for buying a smartphone. Someone who sees the need to appear luxurious might go for an iPhone sold at $1500, caring less about the functionality of the device.

While for others, the phone they use may have been purchased for its features and spec. And there are still those who buy a certain mobile device only because of its affordability, not what it can do.

For most people who can afford both an Android and an iPhone, it becomes challenging to make a choice as both brands have fantastic products.

But then, according to smartphone experts, choosing a mobile device should depend solely on what features and specs you consider most important. For individuals who take a lot of pictures, buying an iPhone might be the best choice to make. On the other hand, people who seek other features like a great battery life might go for a Samsung, Motorola, or Google Pixel device.

In my opinion, none of both operating systems ranks over the other. But that's just my perspective.

So, over to you guys, which would you say gives the most value for money between Android phones and iPhones? Let us know your opinion in the comment section below.

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 7:55pm On May 14, 2020
Most android phones now like the Google pixel, Huawei and Sony is ranked higher than iPhone in camera comparison. While for the speed category, Snapdragon is fighting real hard with Apple's Bionic chipsets.

Most people consider the android for flexibility and the iPhone's for sleekness, speed or even status.

12 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by chatinent: 7:58pm On May 14, 2020
None, judging from my experience with both.

3 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by chefremy(m): 8:03pm On May 14, 2020
BenDanor:
Most android phones now like the Google pixel, Huawei and Sony is ranked higher than iPhone in camera comparison. While for the speed category, Snapdragon is fighting real hard with Apple's Bionic chipsets.

Most people consider the android for flexibility and the iPhone's for sleekness, speed or even status.
I disagree with you in terms of their chipsets, snapdragon is ok it has shown it can do alot not to talk of exnos of samsung, its some that overdo it by having too much on their phone and besides i dont think those iphones chipsets are better in terms of efficiency and co, snapdragon has been tested and trusted so many times, i phone just have this value that most of these Android phones don't have.

2 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Hohaiiiode(m): 8:05pm On May 14, 2020
I use both, i prefer andriod though. Flexibility is key.

5 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Idiotmod: 8:53pm On May 14, 2020
I use both but I prefer iPhone, I hate f*cking ads
But apple processor is not a thing snapdragon can’t compete with.

My iPhone too dey throttle when open 3 of my tasking apps that I use whey d phone go hot like fire
Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by chariisGRACE(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2020
...Take! this mansion belongs to you, but you are not permitted to go outside the house. (iOS)

...Take! this mansion belongs to you. you can do anything you wish to do with it. BUT BE MINDFUL OF WHERE YOU GO. (Android)

Android or nothing

30 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2020
chefremy:

I disagree with you in terms of their chipsets, snapdragon is ok it has shown it can do alot not to talk of exnos of samsung, its some that overdo it by having too much on their phone and besides i dont think those iphones chipsets are better in terms of efficiency and co, snapdragon has been tested and trusted so many times, i phone just have this value that most of these Android phones don't have.
I agree on the resale value. But I still never pointed out which processor is better, but from the reviews I've watched, the Snapdragon 865 goes toe-to-toe with Apples Bionic 13 processor. Although many will say the Bionic 13 is better maybe because of its sleemless integration with iOS but Antutu benchmark ranks Snapdragon's 865 processor higher. And another processor we should watch out for is MediaTek's Dimensity 1000 plus

7 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 9:37pm On May 14, 2020
Idiotmod:

My iPhone too dey throttle when open 3 of my tasking apps that I use whey d phone go hot like fire
Ads don't appear on stock android. If you are judging, judge with a stock android experience (Android one phones or Google pixels)

Meanwhile, Apple Bionic 13 is not a thing again maybe that's why they are working on Bionic 14 to claim their spot

4 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 9:38pm On May 14, 2020
chariisGRACE:
...Take! this mansion belongs to you, but you are not permitted to go outside the house. (iOS)

...Take! this mansion belongs to you. you can do anything you wish to do with it. BUT BE MINDFUL OF WHERE YOU GO. (Android)

Android or nothing
lol. very simple explanation

8 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by charlesm91(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2020
chariisGRACE:

Android or nothing
simple! People who grasp this concept know it’s childish arguing over which is the superior os.

2 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by skywalker240(m): 11:21pm On May 15, 2020
It's kinda dicey,

With iPhone you're 99.95 secured

With Android, you're free to do even the unthinkable

Both are like the Messi and Ronaldo of the phone World

1 Like

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Karex81(m): 6:31am On May 16, 2020
Ios-smooth, stability and security
Android-fast, customizable

2 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by XploraBen(m): 10:16am On May 16, 2020
iPhone: high security, high resale value, restricted flexibility and customization and for show off (subjective).

Andriod: High flexibility, medium security, high customization, and SD is catching up with iPhone's bionic processors in terms of speed.

Left to me, Andriod is the best because of the high flexibility and customization it offer its users.

7 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2020
I'm not saying that iOS isn't trying for security. At least they are a step ahead android in user privacy but they still got security flaws. Check it out here https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/05/15/new-apple-security-blow-if-you-have-an-iphone-look-away-now/#53666a2d6c9f

2 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Unbiased1: 2:49am On May 17, 2020
Idiotmod:

If there are no ads, the device will be more expensive. Phone companies as well as software developers enable ads in their products as another alternative to making money and to reduce the cost of purchasing the product. If ads are removed from your Android device, expect the price of Android phones to go up.

1 Like

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Unbiased1: 3:00am On May 17, 2020
BenDanor:

I agree on the resale value. But I still never pointed out which processor is better, but from the reviews I've watched, the Snapdragon 865 goes toe-to-toe with Apples Bionic 13 processor. Although many will say the Bionic 13 is better maybe because of its sleemless integration with iOS but Antutu benchmark ranks Snapdragon's 865 processor higher. And another processor we should watch out for is MediaTek's Dimensity 1000 plus

The Apple's A13 bionic processor is the fastest smartphone chipset available and has the best GPU. The funny part is that Apple is launching the new A14 bionic processor which is rumored to be many times better than the A13. The A14 will be able to handle a resolution of 1 billion pixels, it will also be a 5 nanometer chipset making the most power efficient chipset ever.
Talking about the OS, iOS is pretty boring and Android is more fun as it allows you costomize it. iOS apps also tend to be better optimized than Android apps as they tend to use up less RAM when running than Android apps that's why you see a high end iPhone coming with just 4GB RAM while an Android phone will be coming with 6GB, 8GB or 12GB RAN to get the same performance as the iPhone.

3 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 11:39am On May 17, 2020
Unbiased1:

The Apple's A13 bionic processor is the fastest smartphone chipset available and has the best GPU. The funny part is that Apple is launching the new A14 bionic processor which is rumored to be many times better than the A13. The A14 will be able to handle a resolution of 1 billion pixels, it will also be a 5 nanometer chipset making the most power efficient chipset ever.
Talking about the OS, iOS is pretty boring and Android is more fun as it allows you costomize it. iOS apps also tend to be better optimized than Android apps as they tend to use up less RAM when running than Android apps that's why you see a high end iPhone coming with just 4GB RAM while an Android phone will be coming with 6GB, 8GB or 12GB RAN to get the same performance as the iPhone.
Yeah, you're correct except for the speed. Snapdragon 865 is slightly faster than Apples Bionic 13. But the Bionic 13 GPU is better than the Snapdragon 865 processor. iOS is fast because of the optimisation with the hardware and uses less RAM for performance.

4 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 11:43am On May 17, 2020
Unbiased1:

If there are no ads, the device will be more expensive. Phone companies as well as software developers enable ads in their products as another alternative to making money and to reduce the cost of purchasing the product. If ads are removed from your Android device, expect the price of Android phones to go up.
Hmm... is that a fact? Because I would say it's specification that would determine a phone's price
Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Demigod111(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2020
I have used android phones all my life..samsung ..htc ..sony ..tecno ..infinix e.t.c..
Der are extremely smart and well functional..but each time any android device is about to full(storage)..it will start to hang ..slow down..
But iOs will never hang no matter what...
Android phones can be hacked while iphone can not ..
For me I prefer iphone too android..

2 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by DONFRANSKID(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2020
Android is the best in terms of speed and costomization
E. G check huawei chips kirin 980 in huawei mate and P series it beat iPhone you can check on YouTube.
The reason why people underestimate Android is that they are comparing Android of 30k to ios of 100k if they want to compare Android and iPhone they should compare it with Android flagship and see the difference

5 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Lagusta(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2020
I use both phones

My iPhone has all my bank apps and my main whatsapp because of security

My android is for play play as all my social media apps are there

Like you all said, iPhone is better when it comes to security and Android is better with customization (I mean, can you change the skin and user interface of an iPhone except maybe it's jailbroken?)

4 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Collinz2(m): 5:45pm On May 17, 2020
Demigod111:
I have used android phones all my life..samsung ..htc ..sony ..tecno ..infinix e.t.c..
Der are extremely smart and well functional..but each time any android device is about to full(storage)..it will start to hang ..slow down..
Maybe u didnt hear of 0day vulnerability on their email app, u can be hacke by just opening the email. Remove security when u want to compare.

1 Like

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2020
Demigod111:
Bros who told you iPhones can't be hacked? They can be hacked if connected to a public network. Even for Android, the security updates that's been dished out every month is making sure that the android eco system matches up to the iOS but because android is open source, you also have a part to play for the security of your phone

Meanwhile, what type of phones do you use to generalise that all android phones slow down when their storage is about to full. Please I hope you are not comparing iPhone (Flagship) to android midrange phone

7 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 7:48pm On May 17, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
Android is the best in terms of speed and costomization
E. G check huawei chips kirin 980 in huawei mate and P series it beat iPhone you can check on YouTube.
The reason why people underestimate Android is that they are comparing Android of 30k to ios of 100k if they want to compare Android and iPhone they should compare it with Android flagship and see the difference

Exactly, they do that alot
And they should compare with stock android for UI experience

1 Like

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:57pm On May 17, 2020
BenDanor:

Exactly, they do that alot
And they should compare with stock android for UI experience
As of 2019 and 2020 latest Android flagship beat iPhone in terms of speed like oneplus, blackshark, red magic 5G and Samsung beat iPhone and no iPhone as of now support 5G.

2 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 11:37pm On May 17, 2020
DONFRANSKID:

As of 2019 and 2020 latest Android flagship beat iPhone in terms of speed like oneplus, blackshark, red magic 5G and Samsung beat iPhone and no iPhone as of now support 5G.
Apple is always late to the show. They would say they'll need to test and work on the tech and garner it's full potential to make it work flawlessly on the iPhone.

The fact still remains that new tech always goes to the android ecosystem first while new apps may likely go to the iphones first.

1 Like

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Idiotmod: 8:15am On May 18, 2020
Android users plenty pass people using iPhone on nairaland. I see
Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by davomaster(m): 9:24am On May 18, 2020
Both are equally good, it all boils down to personal preference. There are lots of things one do better than the other.
Mind you, iPhones can only be compared with Android flagships.

4 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by boylemonade(m): 2:24am On May 20, 2020
Lagusta:
I use both phones

My iPhone has all my bank apps and my main whatsapp because of security

My android is for play play as all my social media apps are there

Like you all said, iPhone is better when it comes to security and Android is better with customization (I mean, can you change the skin and user interface of an iPhone except maybe it's jailbroken?)
Hmmm you use both phones?

You are a big man o, and i am here managing my small java internet phone cry

But you know all is vanity right?

So why not just dash me the Android phone? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by BenDanor(m): 8:33am On May 20, 2020
boylemonade:
lol. Everything is vanity but I'll prefer the better and bigger vanity

3 Likes

Re: Android OS VS Iphone OS: Which Is The Best? by Lagusta(m): 7:26pm On May 20, 2020
boylemonade:

I don't use both for fancy

One is for business, the other is for pleasure... wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iphone 6. 64gb Forsale At 45k ( Very Negotiable) / Finally Got This Umidigi A7 Pro / iPhone In The Mud! Well, These Are The Most Expensive Phones On Planet Earth Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.