Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) (54551 Views)

Nigerian Doctor Suspended For ‘wooing’ Patient With Texts: Is It OKAY For Doctor / See How Hospital Watched This Innocent Child Die (VIDEO) / RE: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctors By Jude Chiedu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
See ehn! For this country, I no knw weda nah police or nah nurses/ doctors or lecturers stupid pass.

Very useless set of uncompassionate beigns. Their judgement awaits each and everyone of them.

Nurses/midwives will have the gutts to open their smelly mouth to be abusing women in labour, some stupid doctors ask for police report if an emergency victim of gun shots arrives their hospital. In fact, in Nigeria emergency cases are only for politicians.

I think women shud start learning how to give birth at home,afterall that's what happened in the past, even now in some places. Also, ppl hardly go to the hospital to see a yeye doctor for drug prescription cos rthey only need ur cash(to hell with ur health).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 05, 2015
No wonder a lot of Nigerians prefer to give birth overseas the health system is horrendously useless! angry

I really feel for this couple cry such negligence shouldn't be tolerated, I am a nurse myself and not only would I lose my job on the spot, I would also lose my license as a registered nurse and face criminal charges over negligence angry

This is disgusting! cry rest in peace to mother n child, God be with the loving husband.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by ceeceeuwa: 12:05am On Nov 06, 2015
So sad!what is this country digenerating to?
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by masqot(m): 12:06am On Nov 06, 2015
This is a very pathetic story.
A lot of things are good about this country but I'll choose not to come this way if I it's possible to come back. I have a close shave with death due to carefree attitude of health workers 4 years ago as well. We need to be prayerful for the pregnant women cos their case is a very delicate one.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by undisputedgbola(m): 12:17am On Nov 06, 2015
successiam:
useless APC government

may all APC leaders die this way cos they fail to give Nigerians good health care
Pray to God for sense!!!

1 Like

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by ABEngine(m): 12:38am On Nov 06, 2015
RIP to the dead.

On one occasion I accompanied a dying accident victim to a hospital around shitta (not Randle) which has its annex somewhere along Ikeja, on that day it took us tearing the place down in fury to really get the rather non-chalant nurses on their feet.

One got three slaps in rapid succession and could not help but scream, "I would get the doctor now.. hold on oga, I'm somebody's wife..The doctor is here, he is here"

This was one time they changed their positon concerning the whereabouts of the doctor after having spent 41 minutes pleading to see same. We lost one of the victims during this plea for attention.

People walk the streets unemployed while the employed ones fail at their responsibilities, they were not set to take responsibilities and therefore should voluntarily resign and make way for enthusiastic personnel.

It's saddening to know how many people loose their loved ones to trivial comments like, police report, doctor no dey, we don't have light, no bed space, we can't handle this here (for God's sake why would you still open shop the next day and live to earn the months wages at its end?).

This points in one direction, as a people we need to have a rethink on what we actually need any government to do for us. Not lauding projects as if they were doing us a favour, it's taxpayers money for common sake! Private hospitals should either form a merger or be dissolved.

I think customer service should be the focal point of these institutions.

1 Like

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by pure11(m): 12:45am On Nov 06, 2015
Shaiii,poor souls
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by ABEngine(m): 12:50am On Nov 06, 2015
chiefmidwife:
So you want the nurses to kill themselves..hw much is government paying them
Even if the woman was saved by nurses tomorrow she will say it is Doctors
Nigerians don't respect nurses even if they kill themselves

Going by your alias I felt you might have something relevant to contribute or at least pick a worthy defence for your dare devil colleagues rather you toed the path of idiosyncratic analogy of whom deserves what glory.

I understand you watch people die everyday and it's become norm in your line of profession but do not get on social media to make a mess of a few worthy people left in this line of profession.

This statement of yours alone would get your licences & certificate stripped even upto your FSLC and have you detained in a psychiatric ward. What nonsense!

Have you ever wondered if you arent a misfit?

6 Likes

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Chinwem(f): 12:51am On Nov 06, 2015
This keeps on happening......needless avoidable loss of life
They should lose their license and face murder charges
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Eluwilussit(m): 12:56am On Nov 06, 2015
I have always said that we don't have doctors in Nigeria. All the half-baked idiiots that call themselves doctors are as useless as our policemen.

Oh, I forgot. The only Doctor we had died of Ebola. Rest in peace, Ma. Dr. Adedavoh, you are always remembered. Never shall we forget. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by tunesoft(m): 12:56am On Nov 06, 2015
Having gone through mists comments..I concluded so much still needs to be done. Now without taking sides...the nurses on duty in that health center if truly they didn't assist the patient should be punished..mere opening the gates immediately and doing a quick evaluation while calming the man down could gone along way to help. At same time explaining situation of things with prompt referral then. The doctor not being on duty is not an excuse..but are we aware of so many factors that might discourage the doctor from staying overnight..no light (as candles are advised sef) bad or useless call rooms etc, well the doctor still has to get purnished though unfortunately.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by tunesoft(m): 12:57am On Nov 06, 2015
Now to the General public that are so quick to judge the government hospitals when issues like this come up....I will say...keep quiet and go sit down Joor. We choose to be blind and deaf tonthe yearning demands of the public health sector forgetting that we live in the same community and if not us a relatuve might need the system urgently someday. Lagos state population is in millions yet it can only boost of 26 gen hosthospitals and 1 teaching Hosp. these hospitals are greatly overwhelmed some attend to more th a one thousand patients a day with just few doctors and nurses working. Are they robots? Them no get family? They must eat now.. they do what they can do and stretch their consciences to the limits before leaving the rest to fate. Are we aware that the whole lagos state can't boost of more than 15 to 20 functioning intensive care units (private and public) to serve the millions? Are we aware personnel are short in supply? are we aware that some General hospitals in lagos here have 1 or 2 delivery beds for pregnant women yet they take 10 to 15 deliveries per day...ask yourself how these personnel cope with instruments and all. with 2 patients sharing a bed in labor wards...
please all when next health polices are being made think twice before you look away and better get involved. Shout out when strikes are on and get involved. Ask for a better health sector/system rather than waiting for the next person to die and then laying the same blames over and over again...if not, in 5 -10 years time, it will be the same blames we make and I pray it won't be our loved one involved then.

4 Likes

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by jife(m): 2:00am On Nov 06, 2015
THE TRUTH OF THIS WHOLE TRAGEDY
1. Govt should have employed gatemen. how do they expect nurses to take care of patients and check the gates.
2. endure they are constant drugs in health centerd.
3. Supervise man power - because if they were being supervised that doctor on night duty should have been at work .many Nigerian doctor
s work in different Hospitals, neglect govt job and poor patients, the nurses also have to render quality services although they helped the woman, it wasn't done totally. I hear in some hospitals doctors tell nurses that they don't want to see any patient and the nurse will have to say no bed space besides the wards are always crowded with little or no nurse.b
God help us. RIP madam

2 Likes

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by tobyemmanuel(m): 2:13am On Nov 06, 2015
Later all of us will start going out of Nigeria when our wife are to givebirth. It's getting common nowadays.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by GatJokez(f): 4:07am On Nov 06, 2015
jerinapi1:
yeye country. May their soul rest in peace. Amen. In other news, Check out this HOT TRANSGENDER PHOTOS (+18) irrestible photos

http://www.latestamebonaija.com/2015/10/meet-transgender-beauty-queen-formerly.html

Take your crappy ad-signature off. How distasteful to advertise such garbage while commenting on a heartbreaking tragedy.... smh angry

3 Likes

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by DedeNkem: 4:12am On Nov 06, 2015
Most Nigerian "healthworkers" are very incompetent and useless.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by repogirl(f): 4:30am On Nov 06, 2015
Wow! A hospital where she was registered? Just wow!
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by repogirl(f): 4:38am On Nov 06, 2015
chiefmidwife:
are you for real? What happened to saving life because it's what you are supposed to do?

Remember the female doctor that died from Ebola but saved millions from getting infected? She will forever be respected for being a true hero. If it were you, you would have run in the opposite direction and allowed the disease to spread because they don't pay you enough to risk your life saving others.

No wonder our health sector is the way it is because of many medical practitioners with your mentality of 'I don't care' and 'wetin concern me, after all they don't pay me enough for this sh'it?'

Your day of reckoning will come when your loved ones who might have been saved also die tragically because others like you didn't care enough to at least try to save them.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by cococandy(f): 4:39am On Nov 06, 2015
Poor woman. cry
Poor guy. How heartbroken he must be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by HaneefahRN(f): 5:42am On Nov 06, 2015
Eeyah, poor woman. This is a very pathetic case. RIP to the mother and child.
My observation is that the hospital is a primary health care centre and sincerely many of our PHCs are nothing to write home abt, they can barely handle normal cases not to talk of critical ones due to lack of equipment and personnels. Most Drs don't want to work at the grassroots and the ones that do, might not been seen around for weeks. The PHC in my area, I av never even met the Dr posted there once. So the work falls on the nurses and CHEWS. Sometimes only one or 2 nurses and several CHEWS. I don't know abt that particular PHC but most I see around where I reside av just at most 3 nurses and the other workers are CHEWS and record officers. It might even be possible the two women the man met that nyt were CHEWS not nurses, and the man shld av listened instead of being persistent when he was told they can't handle the case and found his way out, u don't claim stubborn when the lives of ur loved ones are at stake. Leave and find somewhere else they can be managed.
The system is a very bad one, I must say. It isn't even advisable for a woman to register at only one ANC, she cld register to 2 probably a PHC and a hospital with more facilities in case of emergency, that way both will have her history.
May God give him the fortitude to bear the loss.

3 Likes

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by HaneefahRN(f): 5:58am On Nov 06, 2015
chiefmidwife:
Ur comment really bugged me. Are u doing ur work merely to receive a pat on the back? There are many nurses working their butts off everyday to save lives, but u just diminished their worth with this comment. It's true nurses aren't well paid, understaffed, over-worked, marginalized, underappreciated etc. But every time the joy in helping in saving a life, bringing a new life to this World, seeing a very ill pt come back to life and the appreciative smile on ur pts and their relatives faces, and when u lose a pt the feeling that, I tried my best, makes it all bearable. Just play ur own part.

1 Like

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by alutarabbi: 6:01am On Nov 06, 2015
successiam:
useless APC government

may all APC leaders die this way cos they fail to give Nigerians good health care
pls let's stop bringing politics into pitiable issues of life which requires sober reflections, moreover when did APC get there to fix all hospital problems, @ least, u represent a profession, start your own change from them. Let's be sad for the innocent victims of this circumstance and stp politiking with everything! RIP to the departed, May God have mercy on their souls.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Alwaystruth: 6:05am On Nov 06, 2015
It is a pity we don't have a country because the country called Nigeria is dead long ago even before we were born.
Also, there is no citizenship called Nigerian because that title died long ago with Nigeria. In sane country this incident is serious enough
to spark wide spread protests and demonstrations,no it can not happen in the National geographical expression called Nigeria.
In Nigeria everybody is on his own, you provides your own food,house,power,water,education,security,finance,job,business,health, etc.
In all spheres of life you provides it yourself and if you dares hope and look upon government,then your name is sorry because you will
suffer worst than this innocent mother and child.

If Nigeria is not dead,can someone tell me one single sector in Nigeria that is working optimally?.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Cutehector(m): 6:25am On Nov 06, 2015
I will neva marry a nurse! I hav decreed!

1 Like

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Alal(m): 6:34am On Nov 06, 2015
Nurses are devilish and wicked, it is a bad profession in Nigeria
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by chubby98: 6:41am On Nov 06, 2015
gokay11:
When are we going to get things right in diz country,Doctors are busy running their private hospitals while people are loosing their precious life in a government owned hospitals. Pathetic
Are you sure there is a doctor attached to the said health facility?
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by successiam(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2015
alutarabbi:
pls let's stop bringing politics into pitiable issues of life which requires sober reflections, moreover when did APC get there to fix all hospital problems, @ least, u represent a profession, start your own change from them. Let's be sad for the innocent victims of this circumstance and stp politiking with everything! RIP to the departed, May God have mercy on their souls.
amen

I'm sorry bro,forgive me

1 Like

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by chubby98: 6:53am On Nov 06, 2015
DedeNkem:
Most Nigerian "healthworkers" are very incompetent and useless.
I agree with you. However, there is no other sector in nigeria that can compete favourably with our health sector with regards to sanity and competence. That tells you how incompetent and useless you parents are in there own areas of endeavour.

4 Likes

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Sajio(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Wickedness everywhere! what's the way way forward short of words, don't really know where to strt from.. may their soul RIP.
Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by ofala(m): 7:13am On Nov 06, 2015
So so so so sad.....

We read this because the husband seemingly knows his right and has a little means of seeking justice
; what about thousands of very helpless Nigerians who are watched to die by these negligent medics!?

1 Like

Re: Mother, Child Die Looking For Doctor (Photo) by Uncleodi(m): 7:34am On Nov 06, 2015
Jesumed:

With people like you, I don't know how this country will move forward.

Please, what have I done to u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benefits And Effects Of Cups Of Coffee A Day / President Jonathan, Fashola, Sambo Use Hand Sanitizer During Meeting On Ebola / ‘I Sold My Kidney For N15m In Malaysia’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.