Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Which Laptop Is Better? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Laptop Is Better? (798 Views)

Which Laptop Has The Best Battery Life? / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Laptop Is Better? by Decryptor(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2009
Hi Fellow Nairalanders, please i need your advice on a pressing issue. I want to purchase a laptop but the problem is that i am running out of choices. I initially wanted to buy an ACER product but while some folks are saying that ACER is not reliable, some are saying it is a good system but the parts are very scarce and that i should buy HP. Others are saying that HP is good while a hand full are criticising it. Some are saying DELL is the best because it is an American product while some are saying that the keybords, touchpad and other peripherals in Dell are very weak and spoil easily. Some are vouching for TOSHIBA and others think that a SONY VAIO is the bomb. Honestly i am so confused and that's why i decided to bring this issue to the house knowing fully well that there are experts in this field right here in the house. Please, i need your honest and candid advice.
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Laptop Is Better? by Andycool: 11:39pm On May 12, 2009
In my scale of rating based on my experience I will say the best is:

1. Sony Vaio
2. Toshiba
3. Dell
4. HP
5. Compaq
etc

You should also know that the spec of the system also greatly influenced its performance.
Re: Which Laptop Is Better? by ramonmulti(m): 10:26am On May 13, 2009
I would like you to choose Hp product because i am laptop dealer in computer village ikeja. 08033924627, Victor.
Re: Which Laptop Is Better? by abhosts(m): 1:51pm On May 13, 2009
It all depends on your pocket. If you are restrained by a low budget, go for Acer. But if you have a fat pocket, you might want to consider Dell's XPS or a Sony Vaio.
Re: Which Laptop Is Better? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 13, 2009
1. Sony Vaio
2. Dell
3. Toshiba

Don't know about the rest.
Re: Which Laptop Is Better? by goodboybad(m): 1:28am On May 15, 2009
I dont rate Toshiba highly. Almost all the Toshiba's I have come across seem to develop problems later on. (In fact, there are two spoilt toshiba's in my house at the moment)

ACER is O.K. (There are three ACER's in my house at the moment, and they are not giving thier owners much problems)

However, the only one I can vouch for from experience is compaq. My Compaq has been faithfully serving me for two years and counting. In fact there was one time that there was a power surge. The toshiba(brand new) what was connected to the same outlet as my compaq (which was 1 1/2 years at that time) was destroyed, not just the power pack, but the laptop too. The owner wanted to die.
The only thing that happened to my compaq was that some smoke came out of the power pack. But the power pack did not spoil, it is still serving me today.
A month later, the same thing happened (that was when I started mistrusting toshiba). This time, the toshiba's power pack was destroyed, but my nothing happened to my own.

I think HP is also good, they just bought compaq, and I know many people that have HPs with no complaints so far.

Dont know much about Dell so I wont comment on that

As for Sony, the only one I know about is now having battery problems, despite being only about 1 year old.

So my recommendation to you is to go for either Compaq, HP or at worst, ACER.

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Siwes/it Placement / How Can A Computer User Enable Javascript In His Browser / How Do I Format My Windows Vista Using 98

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.