Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children (1228 Views)

30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? / Husband Beats Pregnant wife for flogging his Dog...! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by defendedvictim(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Recently, I have read about many people forbidding teachers from 'beating' their children. It's gradually becoming a trend. I was once a child and I know, d pain I had to endure from my teachers' cane.
I dare say, I have experienced the ugly (not too ugly though) side of whipping, and the cool side of it. 'Whipping' a child might not always yield the desired outcome but it does, more often than not.
Once upon a time, as a primary 2 pupil, my teacher used to flog anyone dat fails the classwork. The number of strokes you receive will be equivalent to the number of questions you failed. My primary 5 teacher adopted the same approach and, consciously or unconsciously, we took our class work serious to avoid the cane. At some point, I was terrible in maths, but the day I failed all maths questions in the classwork and was flogged well, (I even scored 0/5 in the correction), I stepped up my efforts...few years after, I was representing my school in maths competitions. That might not be a good enough instance but flogging isn't all about maiming or leaving permanent damage on children's skin, it's more about correction and discipline.
Alternative discipline is wonderful; but I don't admire where it has gotten the moral standard of some countries. Sometimes, the very parents who make so much noise against teachers using a cane, are busy at work from morning till night. When do they have the time for these children? I had an encounter with one today, and this inspired this write up.
Maybe, we should give these teachers the freedom of 'training' our kids too. These kids are the parents' responsibility, but the fruits of their future action will become the community's responsibility.
Some teachers take out their frustrations on the innocent kids, or maybe, they are naturally wicked; and get to the extreme. Well, it's a 2 way thing. I feel (my opinion), the cane should not be taken from the hands of the teachers. After all, the pestle mama nkechi used to break her husband's head, can actually be used to pound an excellent pounded yam.
#My 2pence
Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by Tallesty1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2015
Stop teachers from flogging stubborn and lazy pupils and the next generation will be full of brats.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
Im not a fan of flogging kids.

when I was a child, my parents don't flog me cos flogging me makes me angry. and as stubborn as I am, whenever I'm flogged, it makes me want to do dat bad thing more. I was hot headed. just sit me down and talk/advise me(u can even insult, jx dnt flog me), and I'll stop dat thing.

Flogging in Nigeria z something else. People misinterpret the bible a lot. mtchew

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by defendedvictim(m): 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hehe..i think so too
Tallesty1:
Stop teachers from flogging stubborn and lazy pupils and the next generation will be full of brats.
as odd as it may sound, some of needed dat kind of factory resetting flogging. What works for one might not always work for the other; maybe we could just keep our choices open
EroticAngelina:
when I was a child, my parents don't flog me cos flogging me makes me angry. and as stubborn as I am, whenever I'm flogged, it makes me want to do dat bad thing more. I was hot headed. just sit me down and talk/advise me(u can even insult, jx dnt flog me), and I'll stop dat thing.
Flogging in Nigeria z something else. People misinterpret the bible a lot. mtchew
Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by Tallesty1(m): 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2015
EroticAngelina:

They didn't start the flogging on time.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by herald9: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2015
This issue has been over flogged. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by rawpadgin(m): 10:23pm On Nov 05, 2015
EroticAngelina:

maybe they were using bathroom slippers.
did they ever flogged u with twisted wire

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by afrikaa: 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Trust me! They didnt flog you properly... If you had someone like anty kemi my nursery two teacher then flog you, smh that stubborness is not only going to reset but will be parmently deleted.

Im not a fan of flogging tho, i strongly detest it, but i do knw it does come in handy sometimes. Just like the op said.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by defendedvictim(m): 12:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
herald9:
This issue has been over flogged. undecided
pun intended abi.. grin
afrikaa:

Trust me! They didnt flog you properly... If you had someone like anty kemi my nursery two teacher then flog you, smh that stubborness is not only going to reset but will be parmently deleted.
Im not a fan of flogging tho, i strongly detest it, but i do knw it does come in handy sometimes. Just like the op said.
anty kemi..she must have flogged u real bad for u to still remember her name from 'donkey' years ago
Re: My Thoughts On Flogging Of Children by defendedvictim(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
rawpadgin:
maybe they were using bathroom slippers.
did they ever flogged u with twisted wire

hehe..no be small wire

(1) (Reply)

Caught In The Act. This House Maid Uses Her Urine To Cook For Her Boss / The Story Of A Gambler!(a Must Read)-nairacoded / My Cute Niece's Dedication.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.