Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. (3545 Views)

10 Specific Actions Buhari Administration Took In Response To Issues & Questions / In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. / In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by PointB: 11:47am On Nov 06, 2015
Abeg Muslims should go and discuss this in Islam for Islam section. We are not interested.

2 Likes

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by sinhin(m): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2015
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by UncleJudax(m): 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
gists:

That is not the point of your post - or at least you chose the wrong example to buttress your point.
That you know kazims and rahids who believe in jesus is perfectly normal. It will be a different case if you had said you know kazims and rashids that drinks, smokes and womanize. Only then can you say being a muslim is not by name.
I hope I have educated you abit.
Thanks for your understanding grin
Hahaha. There goes my greatest problem with religious bigots like you.

Hear it when I say it to you; it is never about what is in the Bible or Koran or what the Imman or Pastor says...BUT what the people do!

So, according to you Muslims don't drink, hahaha, falls on the ground! Oh well, maybe not as publicly as a Christian would...but you would be committing a SIN by even alluding that muslims don't smoke or womanise. True muslims would declare Fatwa on you for putting up such a bold lie. angry

Then again I don't expect you to 'see the light'. You guys love living in denial.

NB: it is your right to understand me as per your processing ability grin
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by byteem: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2015
THERE ARE ONLY TWO TYPES OF MUSLIMS ...

1.ACTIVE TERRORISTS

2 SLEEPING TERRORISTS WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED..

WE ALL NEED TO BEWARE OF SLEEPING TERRORISTS... THEY ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS.. COS IT TAKES AS LITTLE AS A YOUTUBE VIDEO TO ACTIVATE THE DEMONS WITHIN THEM...

THEY ARE THE ONES U EAT AND SLEEP WITH UNDER THESAME ROOF WHO WILL STILL TURN AGAINST YOU AT THE SLITEST OPPORTUNITY... THEY MAY EVEN BE UR FREINDS.. NEIGHBORS.. CO WORKERS... GUARDS OR EVEN CLEANERS APPEARING TO BE SO SUBMISSIVE AND HUMBLE
PEOPLE WHO IGNORED SLEEPING TERRORISTS PAID DEARLY .. JOS .. IRAQ .. BORNO.. SYRIA AMERICA .. EUROPE ... SAME OLD STORY...
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by gists: 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
UncleJudax:

Hahaha. There goes my greatest problem with religious bigots like you.

Hear it when I say it to you; it is never about what is in the Bible or Koran or what the Imman or Pastor says...BUT what the people do!

So, according to you Muslims don't drink, hahaha, falls on the ground! Oh well, maybe not as publicly as a Christian would...but you would be committing a SIN by even alluding that muslims don't smoke or womanise. True muslims would declare Fatwa on you for putting up such a bold lie. angry

Then again I don't expect you to 'see the light'. You guys love living in denial.

NB: it is your right to understand me as per your processing ability grin
First, I am not a bigot. I am far more tolerant than many of praise singers here. Only bigots will say anyone that practices a particular faith should not be allowed to do something. You may want to check what I wrote again.
Now, ask yourself if a true muslim is allowed to smoke, drink or womanize, then why will he not do it in public? Why will he do it secretly as you rightly pointed out? So yes, people that answer muslim names do these things but does that make it islamic? You are now contradicting yourself by trying to label those that do these acts as the true muslims. I can tell you that anyone who does these things is not a muslim - he can answer any muslim name if he likes but the fact is that he is not a true muslim (EVEN IF HE IS IMAM IN MECCA)
Muslims are allowed to marry more than one wife. Do you see any muslim hiding his second? I am not talking about girl friends because you may see people answering muslim names and hiding their girlfriends grin and that is even worse.
So fact is no true muslim will take intoxicant (be it smoking, drinking, hard drug etc) or womanize. If you want to and you can satisfy the conditions, you are allowed to marry a second wife and the whole world should know (no shady extra-marital affairs). I am sure you know all these.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Missy89(f): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
byteem:
THERE ARE ONLY TWO TYPES OF MUSLIMS ...

1.ACTIVE TERRORISTS

2 SLEEPING TERRORISTS WAITING TO BE ACTIVATED..

WE ALL NEED TO BEWARE OF SLEEPING TERRORISTS... THEY ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS.. COS IT TAKES AS LITTLE AS A YOUTUBE VIDEO TO ACTIVATE THE DEMONS WITHIN THEM...

THEY ARE THE ONES U EAT AND SLEEP WITH UNDER THESAME ROOF WHO WILL STILL TURN AGAINST YOU AT THE SLITEST OPPORTUNITY... THEY MAY EVEN BE UR FREINDS.. NEIGHBORS.. CO WORKERS... GUARDS OR EVEN CLEANERS APPEARING TO BE SO SUBMISSIVE AND HUMBLE
PEOPLE WHO IGNORED SLEEPING TERRORISTS PAID DEARLY .. JOS .. IRAQ .. BORNO.. SYRIA AMERICA .. EUROPE ... SAME OLD STORY...

Lol
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Yanks101: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
mazeltov:
America is heading for destruction wit speeeeed. Right now I have not seen any candidate that is as serious as obama was. These overgrown kids like Donald Trump and Carson are just bunch of jokers - they have no plans for america, since the begining of their campaign, they have not stated their points, aims and ambitions for the people of america to know, I have not heard about their Economic plans and military plans for United state - all they know is to either insult the Black race or Insult islam. God knows, Americans are going to miss Obama.
Hilary clinton is looking like the obvious winner.
Carly forina is the most intelligent republican to me, but she need to build the support base and earn the trust of americans first, just like hilary did.

1 Like

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by UncleJudax(m): 3:19pm On Nov 06, 2015
gists:

First, I am not a bigot. I am far more tolerant than many of praise singers here. Only bigots will say anyone that practices a particular faith should not be allowed to do something. You may want to check what I wrote again.
Now, ask yourself if a true muslim is allowed to smoke, drink or womanize, then why will he not do it in public? Why will he do it secretly as you rightly pointed out? So yes, people that answer muslim names do these things but does that make it islamic? You are now contradicting yourself by trying to label those that do these acts as the true muslims. I can tell you that anyone who does these things is not a muslim - he can answer any muslim name if he likes but the fact is that he is not a true muslim (EVEN IF HE IS IMAM IN MECCA)
Muslims are allowed to marry more than one wife. Do you see any muslim hiding his second? I am not talking about girl friends because you may see people answering muslim names and hiding their girlfriends grin and that is even worse.
So fact is no true muslim will take intoxicant (be it smoking, drinking, hard drug etc) or womanize. If you want to and you can satisfy the conditions, you are allowed to marry a second wife and the whole world should know (no shady extra-marital affairs). I am sure you know all these.
Like I said, it is not what is preached but what is done.
Regardless of the religion, people do what they consider responsible.

Muslims might not take alcohol in the open, but they do cigarettes, weed, heavy drugs etc

As for womanising, everybody frowns at it.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by skipofem(f): 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
sameer1212:
Keep your dirty smelling mouth far away from please cos you stink Ain't Waste my time with Id*iot and frustrated fellow like you cos you have nothing good to offer any sane society Religion is a choice and not you,carson and others can't stop us from practising our religion. I bet you if you truly know how people felt about his careless comment here in"SEATTLE"Washington, you will understand what he has done to himself and his familyevery one knows"Carson"was a sa*dist since at his young age. Dude go get good life and stop being a religion bigot.
a proof that Islam is terrorism,y blast n curse some1 for saying the truth
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by bugzbunny: 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2015
sameer1212:
Keep your dirty smelling mouth far away from please cos you stink Ain't Waste my time with Id*iot and frustrated fellow like you cos you have nothing good to offer any sane society Religion is a choice and not you,carson and others can't stop us from practising our religion. I bet you if you truly know how people felt about his careless comment here in"SEATTLE"Washington, you will understand what he has done to himself and his familyevery one knows"Carson"was a sa*dist since at his young age. Dude go get good life and stop being a religion bigot.
Make we give knife
So u do d needful to him..abi
Violent beings...smh
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by waxdebo(m): 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
nigerianvenom:
Carson is right and he is just bin sincere for all i care.
A muslim believes in sharia law, America doesn't.
Islam believes in polygamy, america doesn't.
Most arab nations do not support america's war against d salvation of iraq and co.
So which true muslims will want to rule America and go against d rule of islam.
Lets be sincere for once
. Go and get a life bro. So wat America nd Nato did @ Iraq and Afganistan is Salvation to you?
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
In answer to your rhetoric :

This is a true story, and the author, Rick Mathes is a well known leader in prison ministry. The man who walks with God always gets to his destination. If you have a pulse, you have a purpose.
The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially in the minority races!! Last month, I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, protestant, and Muslim faiths who each explained their beliefs. I was particularly interested in what the Islamic had to say. The Muslim gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video
After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers. When it was my turn I directed my question to the Muslim and asked:"Please correct me if I'm wrong; but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad (Holy war) against the infidels of the world and that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me a definition of an infidel?" There was no disagreement with my statements and without hesitation re replied, "Non believers!' I responded, So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct??' The expression on his faith changed from one of command and authority to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He sheepishly replied, "Yes" I then stated,"Well, Sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine The Pope commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith, or Dr.Stanley to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!" The Muslim was speechless! I continued. I also have a problem with being your fried when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah, who tell you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tell me to love you because I am going to heaven and he wants you to be there with me?" You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or the promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.
Kagarko:
An American Gave Dr Carson The Answers He Never Expected From Anybody.

Anyway Brother Rashid Thanks A lot.

In his recent anti-Muslim crusade, Ben Carson
promoted a disturbing form of religious
segregation, claiming that a Muslim should only
be president if he or she “renounces the tenets of
Islam.”
Sadly, just as racial segregationists long garnered
votes by promoting fear of black Americans,
religious segregationists such as Carson today
garner votes by promoting fear of Muslim
Americans. In fact, Carson’s anti-Muslim
intolerance has advanced his polling numbers and
dramatically increased his campaign fundraising.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
In the process, Dr. Carson has helped promote
and sustain frighteningly high levels of anti-
Muslim sentiment. A recent PPP survey in North
Carolina reported that 72 percent believe a
Muslim should not be allowed to be president of
the United States. Likewise, 40 percent seek to
ban Islam altogether.
Under Dr. Carson’s crusade of religious
segregation, some Americans appear to have
forgotten the First Amendment’s fundamental
religious freedom guarantee, and likewise Article
VI of the Constitution, which forbids religious
tests for any government office. Like his racial
segregationist predecessors, Dr. Carson
demonstrates that the Constitution is suddenly
meaningless when influential politicians use fear
and hate to advance their agenda.
Undeterred from his myopic comments on CNN
and the resulting blowback last week, Carson
advanced his religious segregationist views in a
recent email to his constituents, claiming that
“Under Shariah law, women must be subservient
and people following other religions must be
killed.”
Dr. Carson defends these claims by arguing that
he “hate[s] political correctness. It’s dangerous.”
More dangerous, however, are his patently false
claims about women in Islam, and Islam’s view of
non-Muslims. If Dr. Carson is correct—and
unfortunately his rising poll figures indicate that
enough Americans believe he is correct—then
America’s 3 million Muslims are obliged to make
America’s 170 million women subservient and
likewise kill the nation’s 330 million non-Muslims.
Both concepts are beyond absurd and wholly
unfounded in Islam.
For example, far from Dr. Carson’s claim that in
Islam women are subservient, Islam gave women
equal rights in 610 that our own United States
haven’t given even in 2015. To this day America
has not passed the Equal Rights Amendment.
Meanwhile the Quran 33:36 emphatically declares
the equality of men and women:
“Surely, men who submit themselves to God
and women who submit themselves to Him…
God has prepared for all of them forgiveness
and a great reward.”
ADVERTISEMENT
Carson’s parents divorced when he was 8—a right
American women didn’t have until the 19th
century. Meanwhile, Islam was the first religion to
give women the right to choose to marry or to
divorce, the right to own property, to become
secular or religious scholars, the right to inherit,
or to run a business—all in the 7th century.
Ayesha, wife of Muhammad, is recognized as one
of the foremost legal scholars in Islamic history.
Meanwhile, American women finally earn legal
recognition as lawyers in the late 1800s. While
women of color in 2015 America continue to lag
behind white women in terms of college
graduation rates and access to financial
resources, Fatimah al-Fihri, an African Muslim
woman scholar, used her inheritance from her
father to establish the world’s first University, al-
Qarawiyyin University in 859 C.E.
Prophet Muhammad repeatedly declared, “It is
incumbent upon every Muslim male and every
Muslim female to attain education.”
Dr. Carson’s second claim, that Shariah requires
killing people of other faiths, is highly
objectionable to both the Quran and the Prophet
Muhammad. In truth, the Qur’an only permits
fighting in self-defense , or to protect “churches,
synagogues, temples, and mosques” from attack.
Prophet Muhammad issued numerous charters
with Christians, Jews, and pagans to affirm his
commitment to universal religious freedom and
equal human rights for all people regardless of
faith. Throughout history non-Muslim historians
have praised Muhammad for his pluralism and
tolerance.
ADVERTISEMENT
While extremists have no doubt attempted to
malign true Islam, Dr. Carson should recognize
that a president’s role is to build bridges of peace
and understanding—not fear and intolerance. Just
as the George Wallaces of Dr. Carson’s childhood
are remembered with disdain for their racial
segregationist views, Dr. Carson risks a future
where our children remember him in disdain for
his religious segregationist views.
America was founded on the ideal of religious
pluralism, not religious segregation. It doesn’t
take a neurosurgeon to realize this fact.
Actually, I take that back.
Qasim Rashid, Esq. is the national spokesperson
for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community USA and
Visiting Fellow at Harvard University’s Prince al-
Waleed bin Talal School of Islamic Studies.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Islam is a dangerous religion. True muslems are asked to kill infidels, avenge wrongdoings etc. True Christians are taught love , forgiveness etc. ISIS, Boko haram are practicing the true islam. I've stayed with Hindus, Buddha worshipers and we can discuss religion peacefully even critize each other if need be, but I wouldn't try that with a Muslim. Islam needs Reformation
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by gists: 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2015
UncleJudax:

Like I said, it is not what is preached but what is done.
Regardless of the religion, people do what they consider responsible.
Muslims might not take alcohol in the open, but they do cigarettes, weed, heavy drugs etc
As for womanising, everybody frowns at it.
So drinking/smoking is responsible to you.
Again I repeat - Yes people that answer muslim names do all these, but it does not make them muslims. You are going against the very position you started with (i.e the name someone answers does not determine if he is a true follower of the faith). And that is why I said that was not your point at the beginning.
Its like the catholic bishop that abuse girls. Even though he is a high ranking catholic officer with a typical christian name, will you call him a christian? Anyone that takes any kind of intoxicant like cigarettes, weeds, hard drugs cannot call himself a true muslim (except on medical recommendation - which is rare but not impossible).

Summary: You can't say you know some kazims and rashids that believe jesus while trying to prove that some muslims do/say things that the religion does not support (because islam actually demand its followers to believe in jesus - their is a whole chapter in the quran dedicated to mary and by extension jesus). So I offered a more correct statement to assist you to support your point - You can say you know some muslims that drink, smoke and womanize to prove that some muslims do things that the religion does not preach.

End of discussion.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by honeywealth75(m): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mugun, so u dnt knw different btw a secular and non secular state.

U shud compare vatican to saudi and all other countries dat practice state religion
nigerianvenom:

Can a Christian preside over the affairs of saudi arabia, iraq, iran, Afghanistan, Indonesia, etc?
Just a simple answer
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by honeywealth75(m): 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2015

U shud compare vatican to saudi and all other countries dat practice state religion
nigerianvenom:

Can a Christian preside over the affairs of saudi arabia, iraq, iran, Afghanistan, Indonesia, etc?
Just a simple answer

1 Like

Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 07, 2015
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by IlekeHD: 12:09am On Nov 07, 2015
I don't even know who to vote for next year because they all suck. Although, I'd vote for anyone over Trump.

I stop taking Carson serious after this.......

Another uncle sam house slave.
Re: In Response To Dr Ben Carson's Slander On Islam. by gists: 1:24am On Nov 07, 2015
honeywealth75:
Thank you jare and may God continue to increase your wisdom. I deliberately left that dude since he will not provide a better argument.
I am appalled at the shallowness of the thinking capacity of many posters on nairaland. Even the supposedly enlightened ones. I stated this same fact a few weeks ago and guess what? No other intelligent counter point against that post. This was the comment I made that chased them away:
gists:

Why won't you people think deeply before posting? Why are you comparing apples with yam?
Saudi Arabia is a religious country. Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country. Is USA a religous country? Is USA a christian nation?
Your comparism would have made sense if you compared Saudi Arabia with the Vatican.
Now, no right thinking person will ask a muslim to lead the vertican city. So why on earth will anybody ask why a christian cannot lead Saudi.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCT Minister's Son Nabbed With 3million Dollar Car / Why The Silence About Yoruba V. Hausa War In Lagos? / Northern Elders Cry To Buhari. Want Biafra Crushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.