Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" (34191 Views)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office / Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2015
I read an article titled Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read. On reading the said article I had to pause to ask myself whether this is the kind of government Nigerians brought to power via the March 28 poll- A government of propaganda. This thread is aimed at addressing the Propaganda by the author of the said thread.

1. Electricity Has "Greatly" Improved Without Power Minister:
Though some areas have seen improved power, many other areas are experiencing difficult times when it comes to power. How did the OP of that thread arrive at the conclusion that power has "greatly" improved? How many megawatt of electricity has the Buhari administration added since May 29? Did the so-called power improve in Daura and Aso Rock alone? It is even pathetic that No new policy on electricity has been initiated nor implemented by the buhari administration. So what are we saying?

2. Petroleum Sector:
The writer went further to say that "refineries are almost fully revamped and disappearance of queues at filling station". This is a barefaced lie and an insult to our sensibilities. Refinery Turn Around Maintenance was instituted by GEJ's administration and the NNPC clearly stated earlier this year that they will be up and running by 2016. However, the Buhari team came up to tell us that PH refinery will work at 80% level by End of June or Early July. We have passed this date and yet nothing. The writer rather than keep quiet still went on to say refinery will be up within a "month". Which month again is he referring to? The writer obviously isn't a resident of Nigeria otherwise he'd have noticed fuel queues in cities like Lagos and Abuja. In fact, fuel is sold above the approved pump price in many filling stations across Nigeria.
The writer talked about subsidy payment, it is a shame that the same Buhari that said there was nothing like subsidy is the same person paying billions of Naira for the same subsidy. I don't even know what the author was trying to say because Buhari is yet to make any move to see to reduction of money spent on subsidy. In fact it was GEJ's Finance Minister Ngozi Iwaela that instituted committee to verify subsidy claims by marketers.

3. Foreign Affairs:
It is funny that the author tried to make it appear like the MNJTF was Buhari's idea. The truth is MNJTF was formed under the Jonathan's administration, Buhari only inherited what GEJ put in place. It is also funny that the author counted rhetoric support of G7 as part of Buhari's achievement. This is a shame. In fact, under GEJ Western countries like UK, Canada, France etc as well as Affrican countries pledged assistance to President Jonathan when he was in power against Boko terrorists.
www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/17/west-african-countries-must-unite-fight-boko-haram-nigeria

4. Trade and Investment:
This will make the most pathetic among all the propaganda items. It is on record that there has been no new industry nor has any plan to come in since Buhari took over because investors don't understand the direction of the government. In fact, it was reported that billions have been lost and cost of commodities in the market have increased since Buhari took over.
www.encomium.ng/market-women-housewives-bemoan-skyrocketing-prices-of-foodstuff-2/
www.punchng.com/business/prices-of-consumer-goods-to-increase-sb-morgen/
www.leadership.ng/business/440371/nigerians-groan-under-high-cost-of-goods

5. Anti-Corruption:
The author also listed names of people on bail as achievement of Buhari. What is there to celebrate when Admiral Nyako and his son APC Senator Aziz Nyako that are facing N30billion corruption charge (instituted by GEJ) were granted bail of meagre N350million each? Nothing has been heard of Timpre Sylva. What is it to celebrate when Sule Lamido and Sons are yet to be convicted but merely remanded? Ali Modu Sheriff is still walking a free man. Though we commend him for instituting the case against Ikedi Ohiakim, what is there to celebrate when the former Governor has been granted bail?

6. Public Finance:
It is also funny that the author eulogised Buhari for sharing our common wealth to governors in the name of bailout. The same governors that mismanaged almost N3trillion that they got from the ECA between 2011 and 2014.
I want to appreciate the CBN under Buhari for the $3billion increase of our reserve but I want to remind the sai buhari group that they were the same people that called for the head of CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele when he announced that the CBN will no longer spend our foreign exchange to import 40 items including toothpick and Private jet. In fact one of them created a thread where he claimed to be an economist to chide the CBN Gov. Yet the result of the CBN policy yielded extra $3billion in Reserve www.nairaland.com/2422899/cbn-governor-should-sacked-immediate.

It is understandable that the Sai Buhari group have been looking aimlessly for something to hold on to as "Buhari's achievement since May 29, I urge them to shun the propaganda route but instead tell Mr President to do what is right. Nigerians are tired of hearing of multiple bomb blast everyday. We are still waiting for Buhari's asset declaration. Investors are waiting for policy direction. Nigerians cannot be deceived anymore. Buhari should get to work.

May God Bless Us All

446 Likes 55 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by ITbomb(m): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
No mind
If most of these things happened when GEJ was there, they would not even be talking about it, all they will be shouting would have been that Boko Haram is killing thousands.
Now Boko Haram is killing and BBOG is having dinner party with the president

Official Free Calls and Browsing from MTN: This is not a Cheat!
Click here to see

130 Likes 17 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by kheart(m): 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
President of wailing Tanoids we don hear u. We d progressives re always generous, free handkercheif for u guys.

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by bubablaize: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
sometimes I wonder if we live in the same country with this so called "Gejites". Nigeria almost collapsed in the hands of PDP. even the boko haram we are battling today rose from the watch of a PDP led Govt. it was so obvious that those who didn't like the persona of PMB had to vote him in just to have a change. the least we can do as patriots is to join hands and support our president. remember we all have a common enemy (boko haram et.al) we shouldn't make enemies out of ourselves. all this pro and anti Buhari antics is dividing this nation without we knowing. remember UNITED WE STAND. DIVIDED WE FALL.

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
You don't change a winning formula!

Lies and propaganda won them the elections. They'll seek to run the government using the same primitive tools, and will continue to deceive the irredeemably gullible even when it's obvious this government is yet to resume work.

The APC lying machine has been fully commissioned and running. Prepare for more lies.

Unfortunately, all lies have their Waterloo day, and shall be defeated at the altars of truth and transparency.

121 Likes 17 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by favouredseed(f): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
The writer was so mute about multiple bombs going off daily like Christmas knockouts.

115 Likes 11 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by NeduLuiZ(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
Cry me a river grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Emekamex(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2015
->Those claiming that Buhari is responsible for improved power aint saying the truth; it is a well known fact that there is better power supply in Nigeria during rainy season and this is attributed to increased water levels in our electricity dams.
->The major difference in power situation under Buhari's tenure is that gas pipeline vandalization that happens almost every two weeks in GEJ's tenure has stopped; which begs to question; who was behind these atrocious acts? And why have they stopped all of a sudden?
->Buhari's government lack a clear direction or plan for the country and this is hurting our foreign investments and relative peace due to deteriorating security situation in the nation.

98 Likes 10 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by PRYCE(m): 5:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
On Point! Nice piece bro! Back from my Politically motivated ban! Been watching you guys give those APC e-rodents a good run for their money!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by WIZGUY69(m): 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
sad
As much as I am an Apc supporter and a Buhari fan, I am forced to say I have not seen any tangible policy been implemented. and the promises during his campaign has not been felt.
to crown it all am not really impressed with the present government, they should be proactive.

God bless you too.

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Barcanista; does it make any sense for you to juxtapose GEJ's 6 long years of Ineptitude, Cluelessness & Impunity with PMB's 2 months of governance?

Y are u so biased, st.upid & daft?

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
ITbomb:
No mind
If most of these things happened when GEJ was there, they would not even be talking about it, all they will be shouting would have been that Boko Haram is killing thousands.
Now Boko Haram is killing and BBOG is having dinner party with the president
Sadly, I saw the same post on FB some minutes ago.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by dulaman: 5:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
hm
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by zimoni(f): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Tell them.

We(PDP) shall be back in 2019. Can't wait to send APC back to opposition side in 2019.

We Shall Be Back. That Is Certain.

Good job Ogbeni Barca.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by ComradeAbu(m): 5:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
"HYPOCRISY is when you didn't vote for #PMB
but expect change in one
month......... LUNACY is when you expect #PMB
to do in 6 months what
GEJ failed to do in 6 years."

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Hitter(m): 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
So since He entered its only the good things you have seen or heard?.
Brain washed. undecided

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Zico5(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Before nko, we know TANoids will have something to say. They re enemy of progress, it is in their veins. They see nothing wrong if Nigeria crumbles to her knee, so far they can embezzle as much as they could. Their godfather governed for six solid years without any achievement, nothing wrong. They re agents of darkness, let them whine. Naija go better, by thunder by fire

16 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
PRYCE:
On Point! Nice piece bro! Back from my Politically motivated ban! Been watching you guys.... Giving these APC e-rodents a good for their money!
Welcome back bros... We need more people to keep these APC guys on their toes

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Optional2(f): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
M
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by PubLlcEnemy(m): 5:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
barcanista:
I read an article titled Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read. On reading the said article I had to pause to ask myself whether this is the kind of government Nigerians brought to power via the March 28 poll- A government of propaganda. This thread is aimed at addressing the Propaganda by the author of the said thread.
1. Electricity Has "Greatly" Improved Without Power Minister:
Though some areas have seen improved power, many other areas are experiencing difficult times when it comes to power. How did the OP of that thread arrive at the conclusion that power has "greatly" improved? How many megawatt of electricity has the Buhari administration added since May 29? Did the so-called power improve in Daura and Aso Rock alone? It is even pathetic that No new policy on electricity has been initiated nor implemented by the buhari administration. So what are we saying?
2. Petroleum Sector:
The writer went further to say that "refineries are almost fully revamped and disappearance of queues at filling station". This is a barefaced lie and an insult to our sensibilities. Refinery Turn Around Maintenance was instituted by GEJ's administration and the NNPC clearly stated earlier this year that they will be up and running by 2016. However, the Buhari team came up to tell us that PH refinery will work at 80% level by End of June or Early July. We have passed this date and yet nothing. The writer rather than keep quiet still went on to say refinery will be up within a "month". Which month again is he referring to? The writer obviously isn't a resident of Nigeria otherwise he'd have noticed fuel queues in cities like Lagos and Abuja. In fact, fuel is sold above the approved pump price in many filling stations across Nigeria.
The writer talked about subsidy payment, it is a shame that the same Buhari that said there was nothing like subsidy is the same person paying billions of Naira for the same subsidy. I don't even know what the author was trying to say because Buhari is yet to make any move to see to reduction of money spent on subsidy. In fact it was GEJ's Finance Minister Ngozi Iwaela that instituted committee to verify subsidy claims by marketers.
3. Foreign Affairs:
It is funny that the author tried to make it appear like the MNJTF was Buhari's idea. The truth is MNJTF was formed under the Jonathan's administration, Buhari only inherited what GEJ put in place. It is also funny that the author counted rhetoric support of G7 as part of Buhari's achievement. This is a shame. In fact, under GEJ Western countries like UK, Canada, France etc as well as Affrican countries pledged assistance to President Jonathan when he was in power against Boko terrorists.
www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/17/west-african-countries-must-unite-fight-boko-haram-nigeria
4. Trade and Investment:
This will make the most pathetic among all the propaganda items. It is on record that there has been no new industry nor has any plan to come in since Buhari took over because investors don't understand the direction of the government. In fact, it was reported that billions have been lost and cost of commodities in the market have increased since Buhari took over.
www.encomium.ng/market-women-housewives-bemoan-skyrocketing-prices-of-foodstuff-2/
www.punchng.com/business/prices-of-consumer-goods-to-increase-sb-morgen/
www.leadership.ng/business/440371/nigerians-groan-under-high-cost-of-goods
5. Anti-Corruption:
The author also listed names of people on bail as achievement of Buhari. What is there to celebrate when Admiral Nyako and his son APC Senator Aziz Nyako that are facing N30billion corruption charge (instituted by GEJ) were granted bail of meagre N350million each? Nothing has been heard of Timpre Sylva. What is it to celebrate when Sule Lamido and Sons are yet to be convicted but merely remanded? Ali Modu Sheriff is still walking a free man. Though we commend him for instituting the case against Ikedi Ohiakim, what is there to celebrate when the former Governor has been granted bail?
6. Public Finance:
It is also funny that the author eulogised Buhari for sharing our common wealth to governors in the name of bailout. The same governors that mismanaged almost N3trillion that they got from the ECA between 2011 and 2014.
I want to appreciate the CBN under Buhari for the $3billion increase of our reserve but I want to remind the sai buhari group that they were the same people that called for the head of CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele when he announced that the CBN will no longer spend our foreign exchange to import 40 items including toothpick and Private jet. In fact one of them created a thread where he claimed to be an economist to chide the CBN Gov. Yet the result of the CBN policy yielded extra $3billion in Reserve www.nairaland.com/2422899/cbn-governor-should-sacked-immediate.
It is understandable that the Sai Buhari group have been looking aimlessly for something to hold on to as "Buhari's achievement since May 29, I urge them to shun the propaganda route but instead tell Mr President to do what is right. Nigerians are tired of hearing of multiple bomb blast everyday. We are still waiting for Buhari's asset declaration. Investors are waiting for policy direction. Nigerians cannot be deceived anymore. Buhari should get to work.
May God Bless Us All

Na you sabi... If he likes let him destroy Nigeria. I am sure he will never be worse than the Zoologist we mistakenly elected... Our eyes were open when we voted Buhari,so we are prepared for whatever...

#Buhari is always right... grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by zimoni(f): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:
sad
As much as I am an Apc supporter and a Buhari fan, I am forced to say I have not seen any tangible policy been implemented. and the promises during his campaign has not been felt.
to crown it all am not really impressed with the present government, they should be proactive.

God bless you too.

Yes, they should stop crawling and get to work. People are waiting.

Lobatan O Jarey.

12 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
4 more pathetic post & comments 4rm some frustrated elements in d polity pls visit www.wailinwailers.org.ng grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by msmon(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
Barcanista is synonymous to Objectivity!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
Yeah, ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Islie: 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
In my area there is great improvement in power that I have to off the refrigerator sometimes.

So, their has being improvement

11 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by zibi2(m): 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2015

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
This post doesn't make any sense. Sorry.
You don't have to always counter every pro-APC thread.

22 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Blanc8(m): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
In all sincerity, am still thinking what Jonathan would have done if he was to continue in government..
It's really not about Buhari is Better than Jonathan or vice versa
The federal system of governance, although democratic in Nature doing really bring about even development in a nation state, 4years isn't enough to make things happen, what ever a previous government has put in place towards development is usually cut short before the end of there tenure, and the next government doesn't carry it up because he also has his own policies and programmes to put in place..

F**k Democracy, you can't please people
Military system of government is just the best..

if I had my way in all sincerity, I'd murder all those people in Aso rock, and start a new government with pure military blood.

F**k Jonathan, F**k Buhari
And of cos --- F**k You!!!
F**k your opinion about my opinion

8 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by bosedekemi(f): 5:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
Terrorism increased embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by sukkot: 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
this nigga need a tissue

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After Buhari Give Us Peter Obi, Northerners Sing, Dance(Watch) / Photos Of People Running Away From The Scene Of Bomb Blast In Maiduguri / How Abba Kyari, Others Survived Kuje Prison Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.