Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,860 members, 7,866,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story (649 Views)

New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble / Lady Hospitalized After BVN Fraudsters Cleared Her Life Savings (Photos) / BVN Fraudsters Bag Six Months Imprisonment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story by justurch(m): 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
It happened to me last week Saturday (31-10-15) while on the ATM queue at GT BANK AUCHI, the guy didn't succeed, not because I was smart, but because God made sure I didn't have airtime on my phone that day. A nice looking and well dressed young man walked up to me as I was waiting for my turn on the ATM and begged me to allow him use my phone to make a call. I declined principally because I didn't have enough airtime on my phone that day. I was actually a bit bothered as to why such a well dressed guy couldn't afford even #20 to make a call at a phone boot, but I quickly discarded the thought, collected my money and left. I never took it to be anything till I saw the post below as someone shared it on Facebook, then I actually became grateful to God for that salvation, actually they just paid our October salary the previous day.

Please read

Please never you for any reason give out your phone to any person.
It's noticed that fraudsters collect your phone type these characters *565*0# and your BVN will appear and they use it to withdraw from your account electronically.
Notify your friends and relations. People have lost huge sum from this act.
Re: Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story by Codyt(m): 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2015
Re: Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story by Gboliwe: 11:55pm On Nov 05, 2015
justurch:
It happened to me last week Saturday (31-10-15) while on the ATM queue at GT BANK AUCHI, the guy didn't succeed, not because I was smart, but because God made sure I didn't have airtime on my phone that day. A nice looking and well dressed young man walked up to me as I was waiting for my turn on the ATM and begged me to allow him use my phone to make a call. I declined principally because I didn't have enough airtime on my phone that day. I was actually a bit bothered as to why such a well dressed guy couldn't afford even #20 to make a call at a phone boot, but I quickly discarded the thought, collected my money and left. I never took it to be anything till I saw the post below as someone shared it on Facebook, then I actually became grateful to God for that salvation, actually they just paid our October salary the previous day.

Please read

Please never you for any reason give out your phone to any person.
It's noticed that fraudsters collect your phone type these characters *565*0# and your BVN will appear and they use it to withdraw from your account electronically.
Notify your friends and relations. People have lost huge sum from this act.

How can someone use your BVN to withdraw your money electronically? Please give me an idea.

1 Like

Re: Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story by jamex93(m): 11:58pm On Nov 05, 2015
this tin is some how
Re: Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 06, 2015
shocked
Re: Watch Out For Bvn Fraudsters-my Story by jamace(m): 9:37am On Nov 06, 2015
Hmm, technology is good but I'm scared of the evils associated with it. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Oscar Pistorius Conviction Changed To Murder / Herbalist Captured For Slaughtering Girlfriend After Serving Her Concoction For / Alfa Promises To Turn N350,000 To N5m, The Runs Away With The Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.