Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please (1449 Views)

I Feel Cheated After Months Of Hardwork, I Need Your Opinion / Buying A Home: Lagos Vs. Abuja / Best Place To Live In Lagos? Need Your Opinion(abroad 27yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please by femi1632(m): 3:51am On May 13, 2009
I would like people to share their knowledge of these two cities, (Ibadan and Abuja) and shed more lights to help and enlighten some folks planning to settle in either of the cities.

Of course, these cities must have their strengths and weakneses. What are their advantages and disadvantages? What are the opportunities and threats in these two cities? Where would you settle in despite any known disadvantage?

Your kind opinion and advice will be appreciated by Nairalanders who need to know as well.
Re: Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please by igbonla(m): 8:17am On May 13, 2009
Don't know where you are moving from but I will advise that you stay away from Ibadan. Abuja is far ahead in all ways, Ibadan is close to Lagos but Abuja is just an hour by air.

I live in Ibadan, off Ring Road. The city is dirty, the governor is lazy, everything is slow.

All the best!
Re: Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please by simeipiri: 7:21pm On May 13, 2009
Can't be compared. Ibadan is definetly not in the same league with ABJ.

Simply incomparable
Re: Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please by femi1632(m): 4:51pm On May 14, 2009
Thanks for your valuable comment on this. One would have expected Ibadan to have at least one factor that will attract people to settle there. It is a pity that nothing new is happening there compared to some states in the country. The governor needs revival.
Re: Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please by abujabooks(f): 10:32am On May 15, 2009
@Poster,

I will recommend Abuja anyday. Clean roads, Better electricity, Rail roads coming soon, better organised, good biz location, excellent schools for kids, jobs are available, contracts are available. It is better than some areas in d UK.

The disadvantage of Abuja is that, it is expensive in terms of rent and food. To overcome that challenge, buy a property on the outskirts of Abuja and since there is no traffic, you can commute easily to work. To overcome the food challenge, go to Suleja or Neighbouring States, and buy food that will last you 3 - 6 months.

Also, you need to own a car in Abuja. It is not a luxury but a necessity. The taxi are TOO EXPENSIVE. lol!

Ibadan is too local!
Re: Where To Settle - Ibadan Vs Abuja? Analyse Or Give Your Opinion Please by X2X(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2009
abujabooks:

@Poster,

I will recommend Abuja anyday. Clean roads, Better electricity, Rail roads coming soon, better organised, good biz location, excellent schools for kids, jobs are available, contracts are available. It is better than some areas in d UK.

The disadvantage of Abuja is that, it is expensive in terms of rent and food. To overcome that challenge, buy a property on the outskirts of Abuja and since there is no traffic, you can commute easily to work. To overcome the food challenge, go to Suleja or Neighbouring States, and buy food that will last you 3 - 6 months.

Also, you need to own a car in Abuja. It is not a luxury but a necessity. The taxi are TOO EXPENSIVE. lol!

Ibadan is too local!

Brilliant piece from abujabooks.

The only thing I hate about Abuja is the heat during (some months of) the dry season.

(1) (Reply)

Do Want To Buy Land Or Landed Property Of Your Own? You Need To Read This / Tank Farms For Sale In Lagos And Calabar / We Will Help You Save Your Time, Deliver A Honest And Quick Service With Care

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.