Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp (827 Views)

Aregbesola: "I Will Resign If Adeleke Wins". FFK Tells Osun Governor To Resign / Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming / I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 06, 2015
Bureau Chief Benin

The Peoples Democratic Party on Thursday challenged President Mohammadu Buhari to resign as the country’s President for admitting that the nation is broke, saying that his stand was a clear manifestation of inability to steer the ship of the country.

Members of the opposition PDP also expressed deep concern over the poor governance posture by the ruling All Progressives Congress in handling key issues affecting the nation since assumption of office four months ago.

The opposition party described as “annoying” the Mr. President’s lamentation that the country was broke during his statement last week.

Public Secretary of the PDP in Edo state, Mr. Chris Nehikhare who stated this on Thursday during a press conference to review the seven years of Oshiomhole government in Edo state held in Benin the state capital said, it was evident that the Presidency and the APC led administration cannot fix the country and therefore “they should resign”.

He challenged the President to show the citizens the account balances of all transactions by previous PDP led government under former President Goodluck Jonathan and the APC led government under him since assumption of office.

Mr. Nehikhare stated that “President Buhari should show Nigerians the account balances and how much money he met in the coffers of the federal government since he came in.

He has not shown anybody the accounts balance as at today. If he says the government is broke and he cannot manage it he should resign and handover power to someone who has responsibility and can manage the economy better.”

According to him, “the lamentation of Mr. President and his APC government is becoming annoying and I don’t think we should tolerate any more lamentation. They fought tooth and nail to take over government and now they have government, let them deal with it.”

The leadership of the PDP in the state also blasted Governor Adams Oshiomhole for what it called “a shame, disgrace and another incompetence” the eleventh hour trial of former governor of the state, Chief Lucky Igbinedion, seven years after he assumed office as governor of Edo state, describing it as purely “a political witch-hunt”.

Nehikhare further said “The party will come out with a statement as time goes on because the governor since he left office in 2007 I think it is a shame and a disgrace that another form of incompetence that it is taking Oshiomhole another seven years to wake up from his slumber to do what I will call political witch-hunt”.

The laziness of the state government is glaring and I will leave the reaction to the target of the perceived probe and the party will make a response at the appropriate time but right now I think it is the ranting of desperate man who is trying to clutch any straw.”

The party’s Publicity Secretary who spoke extensively on the poor state of roads across the three senatorial districts urged the APC led government in the state to wake up to its responsibility and stop making excuses over its inability to meet up with the challenges of governance.

He noted that the state government had collected over one trillion naira since assumption of office in 2008 till date more than any other government that had ruled the state and therefore should desist from any form of excuses in fixing the numerous bad roads in the state.

“It is an excuse for a man who has not been able to manage one hundred naira, I don’t know how he can manage five hundred naira.”

While listing over 35 local link roads within the state capital that it said are in a state of disrepair, the PDP said “a major concern of to Edo people is the dismal state of the inter local roads which has been worsened by the periodic play of utilizing them to curry favour with the unwary Edo public.”

“The state government uses the rains as an excuse for its incompetence and failure to do what is needful; there is nowhere in the world where rain has disturbed the work of man.

Rain did not come as a surprise, it is like pregnancy, so. when there is pregnancy you know that within nine months you prepare for the date of delivery. If the state government has failed to plan, Edo people should not be made to pay for their incompetence instead they should resign for his incompetence and their failure in excuse for rains.”

“Governor Oshiomhole isn’t worried as he plans to use his now familiar tactics of deploying caterpillars and mobilizing some contractors to site as soon as election is approaching, Mr. Governor, you cant fool Edo people again”, the party added.

Nehikhare however urged the people of the state to remain peaceful and watchful as well as to “discard the acidic progressive concoction offer from the APC for the humane and people friendly platform that the PDP represents in choosing or electing a successor in 2016.

“One who will clean and maintain the Edo Augean stable, and they will be proud of who will ensure peace and security through youth empowerment, human capital development and infrastructural development,” among several other welfare packages for the entire state.

“Why is it always convenience that whenever elections are coming the caterpillars are seen, were there no rains before elections? Is it a coincidence that this rains happen when elections are not coming and as soon as election happens the rain ceases? We are not preempting them but we are telling them that they should not deceive Edo people.

They should roll up their sleeves and get to work, we are tired of their incompetence,” he added.

READ MORE

http://www.streetajebo.com/2015/11/buhari-resign-if-nigeria-is-broke-pdp.html
Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by miqos02(m): 9:08am On Nov 06, 2015
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by Herald47: 9:16am On Nov 06, 2015
It thought he(buhari) inherited the largest economy in africa from gej?,i won't be surprise if south africa and egypt overtakes us as the largest economy in africa.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by Vikkie14: 9:19am On Nov 06, 2015
The CHANGE has been Short-Changed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by PRYCE(m): 9:20am On Nov 06, 2015
Nope! Dishonourable men don't do honourable things!

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by Vikkie14: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2015
I had enough of this, YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CHANGE BACK. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by IAMTHEHERO: 9:24am On Nov 06, 2015
Let this change be a lesson to all Nigerians. My greatest pain is,Can APC Robots ever learn? No of course.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by sandraokosun1: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by feldido(m): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2015
Now this is Opposition

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by Eziachi: 9:44am On Nov 06, 2015
Herald47:
It thought he(buhari) inherited the largest economy in africa from gej?,i won't be surprise if south africa and egypt overtakes us as the largest economy in africa.
Because GEJ was busy counting his borrowed money from Chinese and telling himself that Nigeria is rich and the likes of you were dancing on the street celebrating phoney Africa largest economy.
A classic 419.
They looted the treasury, the external reserve and plunged Nigeria into $60b debt, after inheriting almost a debt free from OBJ.
And those responsible still got the gut to talk about economy? Only in Nigeria.
The worst is stupid Nigerians, how can many forget so quickly?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by wirinet(m): 9:59am On Nov 06, 2015
streetajebo:

He challenged the President to show the citizens the account balances of all transactions by previous PDP led government under former President Goodluck Jonathan and the APC led government under him since assumption of office.

Clowns..
He expects Buhari to show Nigerians accounts of all transactions done under Jonathan's 5 and half year rule, i wonder what this man is smoking? even Okono Iweala cannot give account of how much was spent on subsidy not to talk of accounts of all transactions done by the then government.

Even KPMG that was contracted to carry out a forensic audit of NNPC could not balance the account of NNPC.

Under Jonathan how many ministries and parastatals submitted their audited accounts?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by bugzbunny: 10:08am On Nov 06, 2015
Buhari should resign honorably
he has nothing to offer

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by bugzbunny: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2015
Herald47:
Before 2019.... Eritrea will surpass Nigeria
This is wat happens wen there is no plan..no direction by d ruling class

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by baralatie(m): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2015
Herald47:
Nigeria is still the largest economy in Africa.
south Africa will have to work very very hard to overtake Nigeria.
what is happening is that oil prices are less than what they used to be but it does not mean you economy is not able to grow.
the main issue is PMB has not assembled an economic ream to GUIDE him in making SOUND economic decisions that will SUSTAIN economic growth.
PMB has made some unnecessary economic decisions that is affecting .............?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by richeso: 11:40am On Nov 06, 2015
wirinet:

Clowns..
He expects Buhari to show Nigerians accounts of all transactions done under Jonathan's 5 and half year rule, i wonder what this man is smoking? even Okono Iweala cannot give account of how much was spent on subsidy not to talk of accounts of all transactions done by the then government.

Even KPMG that was contracted to carry out a forensic audit of NNPC could not balance the account of NNPC.

Under Jonathan how many ministries and parastatals submitted their audited accounts?

Guy.. shutup and tell your oga at the top to show just show.. Balance's from all the acc before he started to show he meet no money there, thats all.
stop all this your yeye grammer...

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Resign If Nigeria Is Broke - Pdp by Cadamlk: 12:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Buhari should resign for whom to take over?...........Wike? Fayose?Akpabio?Kashamu?FFK?.......Some pdp members actually taught this country is a joke.A party of doom!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Mrs Buhari And Mrs Osinbajo Captioned In "Gossip Mode" / Photo: Lagos Lawmaker Apologises For ‘unruly’ Behaviour / Son Of Former Deputy Gov. Adefukire Weds: Aisha Buhari, Gov Ambode, Tinubu In At

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.