Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" (2863 Views)

Ruona Meyer Who Sold Kerosene Years Ago In Lagos Lands Job With BBC (Photos) / All Expense Paid Scholarship To Thailand Or A Job With A Top Bank? / I'm Suddenly Out Of A Job With Amazing Credentials In Petroleum Engineering UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
Dear Nairalanders, I have this friend mine who happens to be a contract staff but applies for a vacancy as a core staff in his present place of work with a "to whom it may concern" letter from his graduating school but unfortunately for him, he is about to face the sack because of this. Does this mean it's a sackable offence to apply for a job with "To whom it may concern"
Fellow Nairalanders, Kindly shed more light on this.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by Juxtified(m): 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
How can one start any letter at all with "To Whom It May Concern", when he knows exactly whom it should be addressed to?
Well I guess it didn't concern the company, hence the impending sack.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
Juxtified:
How can one start any letter at all with "To Whom It May Concern", when he knows exactly whom it should be addressed to?
Well I guess it didn't concern the company, hence the impending sack.

The letter is always issued by the school pending the time the notification of result will be ready, it shows the bearer has graduated from the school.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by Juxtified(m): 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
carbony4red:

The letter is always issued by the school pending the time the notification of result will be ready, it shows the bearer has graduated from the school.
What I am saying is, since he has the full address now, he should have endeavoured to go back for a properly addressed letter.
However if the firm actually needed his services, that would not be a good enough reason to sack him.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by amicable09(f): 2:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Juxtified:

What I am saying is, since he has the full address now, he should have endeavoured to go back for a properly addressed letter.
However if the firm actually needed his services, that would not be a good enough reason to sack him.

What OP is saying is the result or certificate from his friend's school bears 'to whom it may concern'. That's what I understand. Correct me OP if I'm wrong because I don't understand this gist.

Application letter should read the usual Dear Sir/Ma, when it comes to salutation. So, what's your friend's ish?
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:

What OP is saying is the result or certificate from his friend's school bears 'to whom it may concern'. That's what I understand. Correct me OP if I'm wrong because I don't understand this gist.

Application letter should read the usual Dear Sir/Ma, when it comes to salutation. So, what's your friend's ish?

You are right, this has to do with his result, not his application letter, he was expected to present a certificate but the certificate is still under processing, hence the school issued the letter so as not to fortify his application
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:

This has to do with his result, not his application letter, he was expected to present a certificate but the certificate is still under processing, hence the school issued the letter so as not to fortify his application.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by amicable09(f): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
carbony4red:

This has to do with his result, not his application letter, he was expected to present a certificate but the certificate is still under processing, hence the school issued the letter so as not to fortify his application.

Exactly! I thought as much. Ok
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:

Please how come he is now facing the sack??
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:

Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by amicable09(f): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
carbony4red:

Maybe because he has worked for some years and is still unable to present the real thing. 'To whom it may concern' is not even a statement of result which is not acceptable in most places. So, he should go and speed up the process of converting that heading to an original certificate.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:

Maybe because he has worked for some years and is still unable to present the real thing. 'To whom it may concern' is not even a statement of result which is not acceptable in most places. So, he should go and speed up the process of converting that heading to an original certificate.
But I think he should be disqualified rather than getting sacked.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by amicable09(f): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
carbony4red:

But I think he should be disqualified rather than getting sacked.

Depends on company's policy. We can't dictate for them, if your friend has worked for more than a year then the cert should be ready for collection.
Re: Have Your Say:application For A Job With "To Whom It May Concern" by carbony4red(m): 11:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
amicable09:

Depends on company's policy. We can't dictate for them, if your friend has worked for more than a year then the cert should be ready for collection.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your input on the issue, Almighty God is the all-knowing and I pray he shall scape through the trial period.

(1) (Reply)

Digital Marketing Training In Lagos / Phd In Nigeria / Cabin Crew Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.