Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC (1584 Views)

Diamond Bank Rewards Alkali Adamu As Who Returned Money Wrongly Dispensed To Him / Man Returns N30,000 Wrongly Dispensed To Him By Diamond Bank ATM / Aminu Babangida Appointed As Chairman Of Unity Bank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by Kufie(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2015
The objective of this post is NOT to tarnish the image of Diamond Bank PLC because as far as I'm concerned, they don't have an image worth tarnishing. I've had an active account with Diamond Bank for about 4 years or more. My first ATM card was a VISA card and it became invalid before expiry. I applied for another in February 2015 when I visited Nigeria, updated my records and did my BVN because I have to be out of the country for many years and I rely on their internet banking because sometimes I have to transfer money to my friends and family when they have pressing needs. I also use that account for the maintenance and fueling of my car when I'm outside the country. My Nigerian SIM card (GLO) was mainly for receiving transaction notifications from all the Nigerian banks I do business with and I lost this phone sometime in May 2015 on the train. I had to call and write several emails to Diamond Bank to update my phone number to the one I use when I'm outside the country since UBA and GTBank had a lot of stress attached to the update process. This process with Diamond Bank took me about 3 months of constant calling, live chats and emails before it was resolved. I felt it was all fine till I stopped receiving transaction notifications from the bank. It didn't really bother because I received emails and my VISA card was fine. One fateful day I went shopping and the cashier said my card was invalid. No damage, no pressure on this card whatsoever. It just stopped working for reasons best known to the unreliable Diamond Bank. I've been trying to activate mobile banking on my iPad so I can transfer all my money to GTB but I don't receive the registration code when I register on the application because I don't receive text messages from them anymore. I've called 12 times in 3 days, done the live chat 4 times and written countless emails and I keep getting lies and empty promises of it being worked on. Now I'm working towards coming into Nigeria to get my money out and close my account with them. Don't be deceived by their nice buildings and friendly looking staff. They'll do nothing to assist you when they know they're far from their reach. It's a terrible bank with an epileptic customer service.

cc naijacutee puskin FOD

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by marshalcarter: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
HATE DiAMOND....FiRST....ECO....UBA....and all dese yeye bankangry.....FCMB and GT or no bank@all grin
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by Kufie(m): 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
marshalcarter:
HATE DiAMOND....FiRST....ECO....UBA....and all dese yeye bankangry.....FCMB and GT or no bank@all grin

To think that diamond was my favorite, it's so painful. It's not like they even have good foreign exchange rates
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by uboma(m): 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
Kufie:

To think that diamond was my favorite, it's so painful. It's not like they even have good foreign exchange rates

I agree with you bro.

I recently paid for some items on Aliexpress using my Diamond Bank debit card and the rates they charged me was outrageous.

I'll switch to using my debit card from Stanbic IBTC next time.
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by udokaslam: 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2015
kufie: Have you tried sending your name and account number to their complaints handle complaints@diamondbank.com or their twitter handle and Facebook they respond there.
Banks have their peculiarities and we all experience all sorts of issues but discussing your issue with people outside their platforms will not help solve the problem. Just my thought but i feel your pain.
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by Kufie(m): 4:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
udokaslam:
kufie: Have you tried sending your name and account number to their complaints handle complaints@diamondbank.com or their twitter handle and Facebook they respond there.
Banks have their peculiarities and we all experience all sorts of issues but discussing your issue with people outside their platforms will not help solve the problem. Just my thought but i feel your pain.

Did that, called them several times too.
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by Flye: 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2015
Organisation takes Nigerians for granted, I really don't know why but most of this big organisations just don't care about the quality of services they render provided it does not affect the income they generate.
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by joideviv(m): 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
uboma:

I agree with you bro.

I recently paid for some items on Aliexpress using my Diamond Bank debit card and the rates they charged me was outrageous.

I'll switch to using my debit card from Stanbic IBTC next time.
Pls how did you succeed in paying with your visa card because mine keep telling that the number is invalid
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by uboma(m): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2015
joideviv:

Pls how did you succeed in paying with your visa card because mine keep telling that the number is invalid

On the payment portal, there are two options to choose from, which are; Master card and Visa card. If you select Master card and input your Visa card atm number, it wont work and vice versa.

So be sure to select the correct option and input the card number and follow the instruction.

All the best
Re: My Bitter Experience Wit Diamond Bank PLC by KayB: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
All Nigerian banks are dream killers and will steal with their un-necessary charges. I have had different scenario with all the five banks i deal with but they see themselves as LORDS with nobody to check them, CBN is actually a noise maker

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money From Quail Farming In Nigeria / Battery Layer Chicken Cage Feeding System And Drinking System / Nigeria's Notable Entrepreneurs Who Are "Under 30"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.