Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. (1013 Views)

Nigeria Govt To Open Up Coal Deposits To Investors—minister / Let’s Treat Buhari’s Ministerial List With Urgency, Saraki Tells Senators / N2.6trn Govt Deposits In 20,000 Bank Accounts To Be Closed This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by MinorityTribe: 1:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
What's the point leaving it to waste? I call on Dagote, Ifeayi Ubah, Otedola, all wealthy Nigerians, the FG and States government to do something about that huge deposits of coal. Many countries get significant percentage of their power from coal, It would equally create jobs for millions of Igbos and Nigeria as a whole. But the dumb FG prefer to spend over $20bn for Nuclear powerplants.

3 Likes

Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by Uchexxy(m): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
What of d solid mineral deposit in d north

4 Likes

Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by MinorityTribe: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
Uchexxy:
What of d solid mineral deposit in d north
Those are already being explore by wealthy mallams and the locals in the states, Many still remains untapped nevertheless. The government needs to step in to get significant revenue from the exploration.

1 Like

Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by MinorityTribe: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Seun, Obinoscopy, lalasticlala maybe you need to remind the FG that we have other untapped resources.
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by ckmayoca: 1:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Who is FG and why Enugu aagain?
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by MinorityTribe: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2015
ckmayoca:
Who is FG and why Enugu aagain?
Why not Enugu? Do you love the fact that your coal is lying waste for decades?

1 Like

Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by Uchexxy(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
MinorityTribe:
Those are already being explore by wealthy mallams and the locals in the states, Many still remains untapped nevertheless. The government needs to step in to get significant revenue from the exploration.
U can imagine, their own natural deposit isnt good for national revenue but ours is. its just a pity we dont want to think

2 Likes

Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by MinorityTribe: 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Uchexxy:
U can imagine, their own natural deposit isnt good for national revenue but ours is. its just a pity we dont want to think
But nobody is stopping you people from exploring yours. Why can't any of your wealthy individuals do something about the coal deposits and make billions for themselves like Dagote is doing. The Federal government refuse to explore the many mineral resources in the North so wealthy mallams and northerners took it upon themselves and make money from it, mainly from Gold, Limestone(cement) and Lead(Zamfara). As a result more than 3 of the country largest cement manufacturer are in the North. I don't like wastage, No even illegal mining going on in Enugu.
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
MinorityTribe:
But nobody is stopping you people from exploring yours. Why can't any of your wealthy individuals do something about the coal deposits and make billions for themselves like Dagote is doing. The Federal government refuse to explore the many mineral resources in the North so wealthy mallams and northerners took it upon themselves and make money from it, mainly from Gold, Limestone(cement) and Lead(Zamfara). As a result more than 3 of the country largest cement manufacturer are in the North. I don't like wastage, No even illegal mining going on in Enugu.
You are a mad man. So individuals should mine? If yes then why should people not take oyel as they like? Why clamping down on pipeline vandals. Come to enugu and mine na and see what will happen to you, so government should leave individuals to mine from the north and when it comes to biafraland its "our collective wealth" Maaad people. Idi0ts everywhere
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by naptu2: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by Phame: 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
That's true. Coal is virtually found in many states in Nigeria and we have one of the best in the world.
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by speedyGonzales: 2:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
well, why has the enugu state government not built a coal power plant and started looking for investors to tab the coal and generate electricity?
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by Yanks101: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
Leave those coal deposits alone for the future, you moronns.
Significant gas is already being wasted in Nigeria.
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by Dannyset(m): 3:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
Honestly, the coal need to tapped. A Lot of utilities is embedded in coal. This was what developed Europe in time past.
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by MinorityTribe: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
Diegobonito:
You are a mad man. So individuals should mine? If yes then why should people not take oyel as they like? Why clamping down on pipeline vandals. Come to enugu and mine na and see what will happen to you, so government should leave individuals to mine from the north and when it comes to biafraland its "our collective wealth" Maaad people. Idi0ts everywhere
You are a bastard, If the FG doesn't mine the coal you will scream marginalization, If they decide to mine it na problem. You can starve on your coal, Luckily huge deposits have been discovered in Edo state. I hate Nigeria too, but the earlier you realized we aren't splitting anytime soon the better for. You better start planning on making it in Nigerian than starving yourself hoping you will separate one day.
Re: FG Should As A Matter Of Urgency Start Exploring The Coal Deposits In Enugu. by MinorityTribe: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
Yanks101:
Leave those coal deposits alone for the future, you moronns.
Significant gas is already being wasted in Nigeria.
Your father is a môron, Why did i even created this thread. You think i am here to take part in your stûpid tribalism, I don't care about you conehéads, Flàtheads and the Almajiris up North. I only care about the progress of the country as it is obvious we aren't dividing anytime soon. The FG can leave the coal for you to starve on while they explore that of Edo, Hope you don't come back to scream marginalization in the future.

(1) (Reply)

‎PHOTOS: Different Kinds Of Salutes & Greetings  IGP Arase Showers On Buhari / Biafra Agitation Is A Propaganda "Comr, Nasara / Video Of Nigerian Soldiers Begging Shites Members To Clear The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.