Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,724 members, 7,862,296 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

There was indeed a country called Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There was indeed a country called Nigeria! (1186 Views)

A Self Deceiving Country Called Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu: ''Why I Called Nigeria A Zoo, Threaten War'' / There was a Country called Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by funkyibodude(m): 10:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
It's so sad and unfortunate how the civil war destroyed the fabrics of peace and unity in this country. Time the say is irreversible so every precious second has to be utilized in achieving peace and security. If time travel was a reality, it would have been the greatest investment of all time. After all the past is a message we send to the future through the present. Unfortunately there's no guaranteed crystal ball to predict what the future will look like.
Today some of us witnessed the continuous agitation and protest by the IPOB, and the same question keeps repeating in our mind, "are we trying to repeat history"? Most of these youths if not all protesting never witnessed the Nigerian civil war, but for those that witnessed it the scars of the war is indelible, and it has been transferred from generations to generations in a vicious cycle.
A wise saying described war as death that's addicting to mankind. That's to say as long as mankind exist there would be war. The world indeed is a scary place.
Nigeria is a complex nation, with over 100 different tribes including three major ethnic groups (igbo Hausa and Yoruba) trying to coexist with each other. Before the civil war tribalism was minimal, although it existed but there was a reasonable amount of mutual respect for each tribe, my grandparents told me that other all tribes welcomed each other in their domain, no Igbo this or Yoruba this or Hausa that, Things were working then before the civil war that set our unity to the brink.. Today there's nothing you do in this nation that is not attributed to your tribe we now have two nations existing in one country. How sad! I just can't help but to imagine if we had no civil in Nigeria, that's the Nigeria I wished to live in. sad
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2015
The only thing men learn from history is that they don't learn from history.
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by funkyibodude(m): 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The only thing men learn from history is that they don't learn from history.
good point bro

1 Like

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by chrixus(m): 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
Really constructive points here... I just wonder why somebody will just sit @ his comfort and start inciting people, youth for that matter to violence or secession by force. Late Obafemi Awolowo didn't even commit up to that before he was sentenced for treason and felony... If Nnamdi Kanu and his sponsors thinks their tribe is really 'suffering' they should make moves to alleviate the sufferings and not cause War that even a warlord couldn't finish.

2 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by upsyLi(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
Just like one of the most Sentimental/tribalism book title written by one of the greatest Authors THERE WAS A COUNTRY by Chinua Achebe.
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
Which war are you taalking about? Did Biafran shoot anybody while protesting?
chrixus:
Really constructive points here... I just wonder why somebody will just sit @ his comfort and start inciting people, youth for that matter to violence or secession by force. Late Obafemi Awolowo didn't even commit up to that before he was sentenced for treason and felony... If Nnamdi Kanu and his sponsors thinks their tribe is really 'suffering' they should make moves to alleviate the sufferings and not cause War that even a warlord couldn't finish.

2 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
You hate Igbos and still want to be in the same country with them.

What you unreasonable folks fail to know is that, this is not 1967, this is 2015

7 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 06, 2015
The so called nigeria has expired (1914-2014) let's renegotiate about our existence but the folks benefitting from the fraud (nigeria) don't want it. The want Igbos to live in servitude. Igbos are not slaves and can't be.

5 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hopeless fellows writing useless epistle. Barbaric country where the best doesn't emerge, a country where quota system prevails in employment, promotion, admission etc and you are proud to belong to the so called country. Tafia unu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by LastSurvivor: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
Which useless war are u talking about, did Scotland shoot any missile before their independence? what happened between Russia and Ukraine few months back?
Wake up man!! it only takes UN approval to create a country..

Meanwhile it was a peaceful protest until Nigerian police started shooting at unarmed citizens which is not new to them..

7 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Fash20: 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
DikeOha882:
Hopeless fellows writing useless epistle. Barbaric country where the best doesn't emerge, a country where quota system prevails in employment, promotion, admission etc and you are proud to belong to the so called country. Tafia unu
if you are not proud better go and jump into the nearest lagoon or go and drink sniper. Simple!
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by funkyibodude(m): 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
DikeOha882:
correction bro, igbos are not slaves but are prisoners of mental slavery (not all Igbos though). The war is gone and we have to chart a new course, Nigeria belongs to all and not only Hausa and Yoruba.. If you can change your mind set about this nation then it will accommodate us all. After all that was the dream of our founding fathers. Biafra is just an identity Nigeria is our country.. Have that in mind. cool
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 07, 2015
I can't be proud of a country where the best doesnt emerge, where allocation is shared to states. I do think that you are the one who deserve to perish in the ocean
Fash20:
if you are not proud better go and jump into the nearest lagoon or go and drink sniper. Simple!

4 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by funkyibodude(m): 12:01am On Nov 07, 2015
Fash20:
hey bro! I don't want that, I created this thread only for reasonable comments and not for tribalistic tantrums angry

1 Like

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by begod: 12:06am On Nov 07, 2015
Fash20:
you the one that desarve the lagoon

3 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 07, 2015
When did I say that Igbos are slaves, nigeria persently, Igbos are giants in all economic indexes, In human capital development etc Igbo is a threat to you folks cos we have it all aspects. Nigeria is bringing Igbos backward, we are progressive people and we live every where to show that we believe in the country but the country doesn't treat Igbos well, Igbos have the least no of states, least of senators, least of local government,least of ministers, least of judges, least of allocation and you want us to pretend that all is well? Igbos are great people that can't be stampeeded no matter how you try
funkyibodude:
correction bro, igbos are not slaves but are prisoners of mental slavery (not all Igbos though). The war is gone and we have to chart a new course, Nigeria belongs to all and not only Hausa and Yoruba.. If you can change your mind set about this nation then it will accommodate us all. After all that was the dream of our founding fathers. Biafra is just an identity Nigeria is our country.. Have that in mind. cool
Biafra must surely come someday, you better know that.

4 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by chrixus(m): 12:11am On Nov 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
Which war are you taalking about? Did Biafran shoot anybody while protesting?
sir 'wars don't start until we carry guns to the battle front. Maybe listening to Kanu soliciting for weapons will make this clear. Are the guns for tilling the soil ?
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 07, 2015
Did Biafrans kill anyone? We believe in sanctity of human life, we are not illiterates
chrixus:
sir 'wars don't start until we carry guns to the battle front. Maybe listening to Kanu soliciting for weapons will make this clear. Are the guns for tilling the soil ?

3 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Fash20: 5:19am On Nov 07, 2015
funkyibodude:
hey bro! I don't want that, I created this thread only for reasonable comments and not for tribalistic tantrums angry
perhaps you should come and seize my keyboard so as to prevent me from commenting on this thread. Nonsense!
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by EternalTruths: 5:28am On Nov 07, 2015
funkyibodude:
It's so sad and unfortunate how the civil war destroyed the fabrics of peace and unity in this country. Time the say is irreversible so every precious second has to be utilized in achieving peace and security. If time travel was a reality, it would have been the greatest investment of all time. After all the past is a message we send to the future through the present. Unfortunately there's no guaranteed crystal ball to predict what the future will look like.
Today some of us witnessed the continuous agitation and protest by the IPOB, and the same question keeps repeating in our mind, "are we trying to repeat history"? Most of these youths if not all protesting never witnessed the Nigerian civil war, but for those that witnessed it the scars of the war is indelible, and it has been transferred from generations to generations in a vicious cycle.
A wise saying described war as death that's addicting to mankind. That's to say as long as mankind exist there would be war. The world indeed is a scary place.
Nigeria is a complex nation, with over 100 different tribes including three major ethnic groups (igbo Hausa and Yoruba) trying to coexist with each other. Before the civil war tribalism was minimal, although it existed but there was a reasonable amount of mutual respect for each tribe, my grandparents told me that other all tribes welcomed each other in their domain, no Igbo this or Yoruba this or Hausa that, Things were working then before the civil war that set our unity to the brink.. Today there's nothing you do in this nation that is not attributed to your tribe we now have two nations existing in one country. How sad! I just can't help but to imagine if we had no civil in Nigeria, that's the Nigeria I wished to live in. sad

Did the Scots shoot one bullet to get a UN referendum.? No because the UK believes in UN right to self-determination

If your tribe wants to continue being One Nigeria fine and good

But

We Igbos say

Biafra our Choice

Marriage is not by choice. cool

2 Likes

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Fash20: 5:34am On Nov 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
I can't be proud of a country where the best doesnt emerge, where allocation is shared to states. I do think that you are the one who deserve to perish in the ocean
I do not need to perish because I'm contented with the place God created me and I still pray for her to develop and compete with her counterparts.

To make your meeting With your creator easy I suggest you buy Alomo betters and mix it with the sniper OR you can buy rat poison put it in a bread and eat.

Nonsense
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 07, 2015
I hate exchanging words with mentally challenged folks like you who thinks that you can determine someone elses future
Fash20:
I do not need to perish because I'm contented with the place God created me and I still pray for her to develop and compete with her counterparts.

To make your meeting With your creator easy I suggest you buy Alomo betters and mix it with the sniper OR you can buy rat poison put it in a bread and eat.

Nonsense
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Fash20: 9:18am On Nov 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
I hate exchanging words with mentally challenged folks like you who thinks that you can determine someone elses future
Wait,can you xplain what you mean by "determine someones else future". You are mentally deranged men
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 07, 2015
Fashola you are mentally incapacitated
Fash20:
Wait,can you xplain what you mean by "determine someones else future". You are mentally deranged men
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Money40: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2015
chrixus:
oga Biafran want to secceed not war. Must Nigeria go to war to keep them..?.
Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Candyrain(m): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2015
funkyibodude:

I want to believe that when a contract is signed it becomes binding and the moment it expires everyone party is free. There was a contract to keep Nigeria together for a 100years which expired last year (1914-2014). Between this period every entity in Nigeria is bound by the contract and must remain together. Now that it has expired don't you think there should be a renegotiation if all the entities must stay together? Don't you think?

1 Like

Re: There was indeed a country called Nigeria! by Fash20: 10:16am On Nov 07, 2015
DikeOha882:
Fashola you are mentally incapacitated
Bleep of my face Mr Decay-oha882.

(1) (Reply)

Explosion Rocks Katsina Mosque, Police Arrest Suspected bomber / Breaking News: Violence Escalates At APC Headquarters In Abuja / I Don’t Know Dasuki, Says George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.