Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? (2516 Views)

'white Garment' Prophet Dies While Having Sex With Church Member's Wife / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Adeboye, Olukoya, Oyedepo, Oritsajafor, Listen To Christ Warning & Amend Ur Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by harryx50: 1:40pm On May 13, 2009
I worship at Celestial Church of Christ and I love Pastor Chris.Oyakhilome teachings so much, One sunday, I was tempted to visit his teaching in my white garment after my church service at celestial church My Parents insist i should worship in celestial because Christ Embassy goers sometimes dress sexy to Church which is ungodly and even the pastor's wife rubs lip stick, and i wish to worship at christ embassy, what do I do?, disobey my parenst or agree with 'em
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by JJYOU: 1:45pm On May 13, 2009
harryx50:

I worship at Celestial Church of Christ and I love Pastor Chris.O teachings so much, One sunday, I was tempted to visit his teaching in my white garment after my church service at celestial church? My Parents insist i should worship in celestial because Christ Embassy goers sometimes dress sexy to Church which is ungodly and even the pastor's wife rubs lip stick, and i wish to worship at christ embassy, what do I do?, disobey my parenst or agree with 'em
pastors are not enough on NL. their wives are now fair games. another aladura without adura. God help you
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by alimat2(f): 7:25pm On May 13, 2009
what did u like about christ embassy? if what u like there can nt be found in ur church then u can change frm celestial to christ embassy, better still u can have ur multicoloured clothes in ur bag and if u get to the church u can change the white garment
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by maddock(m): 9:06am On May 14, 2009
harryx50:

I worship at Celestial Church of Christ and I love Pastor Chris.Oyakhilome teachings so much, One sunday, I was tempted to visit his teaching in my white garment after my church service at celestial church My Parents insist i should worship in celestial because Christ Embassy goers sometimes dress sexy to Church which is ungodly and even the pastor's wife rubs lip stick, and i wish to worship at christ embassy, what do I do?, disobey my parenst or agree with 'em

The truth of the matter is that you can attend any Christ Embassy you wish to with your white garment and without shoes and nobody will drive you out, but the fact remains if you can handle being like a sore thumb in the midst of georguosly dressed individuals. In christ embassy we are being encouraged to dressed decently but nobody will turn you back if you are not decently dressed.

Lipstick does not categorise one as being saved or not, its mainly for aesthetics effect ok. How old are you, if you are still a minor i would advice that you obey your folks and do their bidding as par attending their church,but you can always catch Pastor Chris on all major TV stations. Better still get to any Christ embassy church and explain your situation they will be too happy to give some of pastor chris tapes and books.

Take care and the holy spirit will guide you in your quest for superior knowledge.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by harryx50: 12:13pm On May 14, 2009
@maddock
I think i will be dressed in white garment from home and later change some where and enter the christ embassy church, to me, i never get satisfied watching pastor chris on TV, I wish to receive the raw blessings and anointing from his live teachings, by the way, can u receive anointing from the TV?
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by tpiah: 2:06pm On May 14, 2009
poster

how old are you? No offence.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by naijacutee(f): 2:17pm On May 14, 2009
[list]
[li]What are you aiming to get out of the Christ Embassy church service?[/li]
[li]What is the relationship between your dress style and what you're aiming to get out of the service?[/li]
[li]What is the reasoning behind your current dress style - i.e white garmet/no shoes[/li]
[/list]
I totally respect your stance/decision to wear a white garment to church - any church, even though I don't understand the reason behind it. I genuinely am very interested - please could you explain? Thanks
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 14, 2009
harryx50:

@maddock
I think i will be dressed in white garment from home and later change some where and enter the christ embassy church, to me, i never get satisfied watching pastor chris on TV, I wish to receive the raw blessings and anointing from his live teachings, by the way, can u receive anointing from the TV?

There's no distance in the spirit.

1 Like

Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by tpiah: 6:34pm On May 14, 2009
naijacutee:

[list]
[li]What are you aiming to get out of the Christ Embassy church service?[/li]
[li]What is the relationship between your dress style and what you're aiming to get out of the service?[/li]
[li]What is the reasoning behind your current dress style - i.e white garmet/no shoes[/li]
[/list]
I totally respect your stance/decision to wear a white garment to church - any church, even though I don't understand the reason behind it. I genuinely am very interested - please could you explain? Thanks

some Nigerian churches eg Celestial Church of Christ and C&S church, require members to wear flowing white garments to services. One of them also doesnt allow footwear in the church.

I'm not sure what rationale is behind this but I think it has something to do with the book of revelation in the bible.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by naijacutee(f): 11:28pm On May 15, 2009
tpiah:

some Nigerian churches eg Celestial Church of Christ and C&S church, require members to wear flowing white garments to services. One of them also doesnt allow footwear in the church.

I'm not sure what rationale is behind this but I think it has something to do with the book of revelation in the bible.

Thank you, tpiah. I'll like to know what this reference in Revelations is.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by Tudor2: 1:54am On May 16, 2009
@maddock
Are the pastor chris tapes and books given free?
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by tpiah: 5:37pm On May 16, 2009
naijacutee:

Thank you, tpiah. I'll like to know what this reference in Revelations is.

I'm not quite sure of the exact verse/s, but its somewhere that talks about believers wearing white, I think. Symbolizing purity.

They take the bible interpretations very literally.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by Africankel(m): 8:43pm On May 17, 2009
@ Poster, it dot really matter what you where to Christ Embassy, as long as you are comfortable in it. If you can wear it at all, then why not in God's house? Come as you are. . . You'll sure be greated with a kind smile!

@ Tudor, the books can be given free if you demand for a free copy, doesnt mean the church gives it free to all. . . I can buy you some if you want. That what I mean!
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by Pepeye(f): 10:40pm On May 17, 2009
Like others rightly said, you can come as you are or wear whteva . .
No one’s gonna walk you out! Why? becos basically it’s the Word of God that you’d hear that wud clean you up John 15-3

Just one Word from God that would change your life as Pastor Chris wud rightly say “You can’t listen to the Word of God long enough without Acting it”. . It’s got the ability to rejuvenate u . . Suffice it to say u re welcome to Christ Embassy
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by fyneguy: 8:23am On May 18, 2009
@Poster

Yes, come with the white garment. Nobody will chase you out.

Another point is that: Pastor Chris is not the only Pastor in CE, as you may have noticed, there are other CE Pastors on TV. What matters is the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God bless you as you go for His words.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by maddock(m): 8:30am On May 18, 2009
Tudör:

@maddock
Are the pastor chris tapes and books given free?

You can get some of the bools and tapes free,but mind you it cant be free for ever at least at a point in time if you are really blessed by the content you would want to spend your own money in getting them than waiting for it to be given to you free. If you are somebody i know and i can trust i can give them to you free of charge on the conditon that after listening/reading you would return them back in good condition.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by naijacutee(f): 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2009
tpiah:

I'm not quite sure of the exact verse/s, but its somewhere that talks about believers wearing white, I think. Symbolizing purity.

They take the bible interpretations very literally.

Oh I see. I don't mean to be a critic but Jesus' words on clean cups with dirty insides comes to mind.
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by DRPYGRU: 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Can I Wear White Garment Without Shoes To Christ Embassy? by apogyizi(f): 9:19am On Nov 24, 2023
harryx50:
@maddock

14 years later, what did/is this go/going?

(1) (Reply)

"boko Haram" Are They Fighting A Just Cause? / Allah Word Written In Arabic Appears On Egg Shell / How Many Heavens Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.