Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1573 Views)

Teen Pregnancy Prevention Ads: Too Harsh?! / Pregnant Teen Wins Abortion Battle Against Parents / As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by coolfaced8(f): 1:58pm On May 13, 2009
Re: . by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 15, 2009
Interesting post, beautifully written. You sure had a remarkable time growing up. And can we wait to hear the end of the story!

What cataclysmic consequences befell the gentleman who wanted the untouchable 'Holy grail'? grin grin

Abeni lori ko fe ki won gbe ida koja lori ohun

Lol, and what could that mean? They tied him to a Jupiter-bound rocket?? He he grin
Re: . by meexteriox(m): 3:17pm On May 15, 2009
My teenage years hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
The memories of my growing up years are treasures that will dwell with me forever.
You wake up daily with a tingling feeling of excitement for each new day.
Lots of friends, lots of fights, lots of football, lots mischief, lots of rolling in the hay - kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surulere was da bomb place to grow up in, never a dull moment, never,
Re: . by tpiah: 5:05pm On May 15, 2009
Having parents who watch you like a gawk means you have really limited access to parties and all those things teenagers do. My Dad then was a living terror! I still remembered the first time he caught me wearing a lipstick! I'll never forget the embarrassment

grin grin

the first time I saw my sister with lipstick at a school outing, I threatened to tell dad. I didnt though, but to my young eyes, it was as if she committed a crime, because my dad had a strict no-boys policy for her.  She would have been in a basket of trouble had he seen her that day grin

The rule was supposed to be for both of us but after a while times changed. We had the male visitors anyway- just that our parents werent aware, and hopefully the neighbors didnt tell. Some people like ofofo especially in the southwest.

You come home late from school and all the market women start making snide comments as you pass by undecided Very embarassing.
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 9:37pm On May 15, 2009
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 9:45pm On May 15, 2009
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 9:56pm On May 15, 2009
Re: . by tpiah: 10:01pm On May 15, 2009
coolfaced8:

I didn't tell anyone what happened when I got home, but he himself gave himself away by acting silly anytime he comes to our house. Once I come into the room where my brothers are, if he's there, he'll start getting uncomfortable and showing signs of frustrations so much that one will have to be blind not to know something's not right with him. And the way he'd be looking at me told the whole story. My brother later demanded from me what's going on and I told him about the incident he took me to their house on pretext.

the guy sef na JJC grin

An ogbologbo would have operated very smoothly and not raised suspicion. I guess he was also a teenager? That's how hormones dey shack them. cheesy

coolfaced8:

Yes, it feels as though it's a serious crime putting on lipstick back then! grin My own case worse because my Dad met me downstairs with a super bright lipstick and what ensued then not even funny!  grin grin grin

I cant begin to imagine the effect seeing my sister with lipstick would have had on my dad. He tended to get very jittery about female children in typical fashion. cheesy

As it was, she just gave me a nasty look, and I knew if I told oh, I'd get some consequences myself! cheesy I didnt want wahala abeg. Her friends were also wearing lipstick anyway. na all of them sabi, was my eventual opinion.
Re: . by mohawkchic(f): 2:35am On May 16, 2009
~Isnt it funny how its always when one's getting older  & realises how precious those Years were that One wishes to relive certain memories & dwells in Nostalgic moments . . .Aaah!

~There's sheer pleasure just drifting back to those moments & memories . . .Sometimes a Smell will bring back flooding memories of my childhood . . . .i'll dig out the Family Albums & flick thro . . with a smile,i'll be wrapped up in my own world trying to relive those moments in my mind!

~ The best thing we've got is Memories . .Thanks for sharing yours . . .

You should move your topic to "Literature Section" . . .
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 1:27pm On May 16, 2009
Re: . by mohawkchic(f): 10:51pm On May 16, 2009
coolfaced8:

I used to think am the only one before concerning that smell stuff bringing memories back. Even some music does that too! Though we didn't know it then, but the friendship formed during those years are probably some of the strongest, cause those are the purest stage of our life and we're still untainted with realities of growing up.

about moving the topic to literature section, how do I do that? Is this literature?

~Oh Yeah . .Smell,Music . .Thing about the music is,you only get to play/hear the oldies & you're immediately transformed into that era . .lingering memories lives on w/ those songs that mean a lot to us!!

~I Agree wholeheardly . .@ Friendships formed!!

~Will share some of my memories soon!

~ERm,Nevermind!There use to be a button for you to DIY,but its no longer available ,i just noticed. . if the Mod feels it should be In Literature/Writing Sec,she'll move it . .
Certainly is "Literature/Writing" . .we get to write/share our very own Auto-Bio of our Teenage Years grin
Re: . by ifyalways(f): 9:55am On May 17, 2009
Nice thread. smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 17, 2009
coolfaced8:

@tpiah

I used to think am the only one before concerning that smell stuff bringing memories back. Even some music does that too! Though we didn't know it then, but the friendship formed during those years are probably some of the strongest, cause those are the purest stage of our life and we're still untainted with realities of growing up.

True wink wink. [s]Makes me wish I kept my friends. lipsrsealed[/s]
Re: . by coolfaced8(f): 1:26pm On May 18, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Jobless Husband. / How Often Should Couples Be Intimate / Lovely Couples Celebrate 65years Of Marriage With Lovely Photoshoots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.