Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,615 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 (10395 Views)

Help! Idm Error: Unable To Rename Downloaded File From Temp Folder / How To Lock/hide File Or Folder Without Any Software. / How To Delete The Windows.old Folder In Windows 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 by Curiousmind(m): 8:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Hi NL

I log into my laptop as the admin of my Windows 10 but whenever I try copying a file into a folder in my Local Disk, I get “Destination Folder Access Denied” and when I click Continue, I get “You need permission to perform this action” and when I click Try Again and I keep getting Try Again

I need your help guys to copy file into folders in my Local Disk
Re: HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 by shawlxAk(m): 8:59am On Nov 07, 2015
You need to take ownership of the destination folder in order to make any changes to it. To do that, make sure you are logged on as an administrator or with an account with administrator privileges.

Right-click the destination folder and click properties. In the properties window that appears, click the security tab and click the advanced button at the bottom.

In the advanced security settings window, click the owner tab. Click the edit button in the bottom left corner and select a group or a user account to transfer ownership to, from the "change owner to" list.

In the bottom left corner, click the check box labelled "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". Click OK. Accept all other confirmations when prompted.

When done, you may need to go back to the security tab of the folder and assign the required permissions to modify the folder.
Re: HELP: Destination Folder Access Denied Windows 10 by Curiousmind(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
shawlxAk:
You need to take ownership of the destination folder in order to make any changes to it. To do that, make sure you are logged on as an administrator or with an account with administrator privileges.

Right-click the destination folder and click properties. In the properties window that appears, click the security tab and click the advanced button at the bottom.

In the advanced security settings window, click the owner tab. Click the edit button in the bottom left corner and select a group or a user account to transfer ownership to, from the "change owner to" list.

In the bottom left corner, click the check box labelled "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". Click OK. Accept all other confirmations when prompted.

When done, you may need to go back to the security tab of the folder and assign the required permissions to modify the folder.

Tanks for taking out time to comment. I tried what you wrote but whenever I click apply or OK to continue after ticking full control to the administrator account in security, I get an error message and I am asked to click cancel. I am still unable to modify folders in my local disk C. I need help pls!

(1) (Reply)

How To Enable Hibernate Mode Feature On Windows 8/8.1 Shutdown Options / Mtn, Airtel & Glo Sms Gateways / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.