Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming (4888 Views)

Urgently Needed, Fresh Pepper And Tomatoes / Fresh Pepper And Tomatoes For Sale / Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by AdiscoPele: 9:02am On Nov 07, 2015
Hello, farmers in the house, please can anyone enlighten me on how to go about this crops. I have about 4plots of land and i want to use it to place okra, fresh pepper and vegetable.
I want to know what it will cost and the yield and also the risk involved.
Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by AdiscoPele: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2015
CharlyNick:
Thank God for Google
Pls, i know there is google, but the question i asked is perculiar to Nigeria. There are things google wont tell you and for your information, i dont have the technical know-how. I wish to learn and experience they say is the best teacher. Nigeria is diversifying and there are opportunities in farming. Moreso, i have about two acres wasting. Will google tell me the market in Nigeria? Please, farmers in the house, i wish to tap from your knowledge and experience.

2 Likes

Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by jethro2: 6:20am On Nov 08, 2015
AdiscoPele:
Pls, i know there is google, but the question i asked is perculiar to Nigeria. There are things google wont tell you and for your information, i dont have the technical know-how. I wish to learn and experience they say is the best teacher. Nigeria is diversifying and there are opportunities in farming. Moreso, i have about two acres wasting. Will google tell me the market in Nigeria? Please, farmers in the house, i wish to tap from your knowledge and experience.
Please get practical training from practising farmers. There a lot you can not learn online. Agriculture is practical. This will prevent you from using your hard earned money for trial and error.
Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by crossblane1(m): 10:48am On Nov 08, 2015
will Trinidad scorpion pepper do well on swamps?
Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
@ Op:

I will suggest you call madam @jethro2 for training.

That is her job and she is good at it. I have never meet her before but I know her worth.

She dint pay me for the advert though.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by jethro2: 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
TheUnbeatable:

@ Op:
I will suggest you call madam @jethro2 for training.
That is her job and she is good at it. I have never meet her before but I know her worth.
She dint pay me for the advert though.
Sincerely,
Thank you sir for the vote of confidence
Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by gmcln(m): 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
You can learn everything you need on youtube. See the links below

Soil preparation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTUgAE50E2E

Seeding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKSvVsVWmxA

[b]Making your own Compos[/b]t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAPNqIOQwo
Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by bolajJP007: 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2015
@gmcln, you are blessed. Thank you so much.
Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by crossblane1(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
pls house how do I get seeds to plant I mean pepper(Ata Rodo).
Re: How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming by mediang: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2017

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

4 Weeks Old Layers And Boiler For Sales At A Cheaper Rate Contact 09038510871 / Odourless Farms; Poultry, Fish Ponds, Livestock, Sewage, Etc / Fish Pond Construction In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.