Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC (24783 Views)

Breaking: FUNAAB Appoints Enikuomehin As Acting VC / Upper View From OAU Matriculation At Amphi Theatre. Acting VC absent / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by olujastro: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
ibedun:
Igbos are clearly running away from something in the East. Why would any sensible Northerner or Yoruba go there to build house and set up a business?

I don't get it.

Erosion.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Ihuomadinihu: 6:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
naijapips02:
How many Hausa's or Yorubas are VC's in a state university in the east?

Who is really marginalizing who?
It's really a pity! Nowadays, Nigerians don't know the difference between Merit and Federal character. Come to oil companies in Port harcourt and you will see Yorubas in juicy positions on merit.
By the way,how many Yeruba are willing to migrate out of their enclaves and settle in the East? How many of them are willing and qualified to participate in community development in the East? Before spewing rubbish about Igbos, take a good look at your Unadventurous,Tribalistic and Timid yoruba brothers that refuse to travel and invest in the East. Nonesense!

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by docsholz(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
Guys salivating on top "acting" undecided
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Ihuomadinihu: 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
NigerianDiamond:

We don't step down rather we MOVE up. Igboland has nothing tangible to hold on to, that is why you all are wanderers looking to find green pastures here in the west. We are not wanderers!
Now the wanderes are taking up juicy and wonderful positions in your land. All you can do is sit on facebook and whine like a baby. From the look of things, an Igbo man is your boss and landlord. Cry me a river! Igbos are ready to move out and conquer the world. Including that your little enclave.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

He's been appointed in acting capacity to make folks like you feel good.
It's very unlikely he'll be confirmed as substantive VC.
How he became a DVC even wows me.

Already, some insatiable ibo ingrates are already beating theirs chests saying he was the most qualified for the job and the school hand no other choice.
What a pathetic tribe, the ibos.

Anyways, I pray he gets the job.

That would further strenghten the Igbo-Yoruba relationship. If possible he should give more appointments to Igbos.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by flylykace: 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
ODUBEZE:

which kind yeye question be this? What has leadership style/ability got to do with name?
All these primary school fresh leavers self!
mtcheeeeeew.
Does the man anyhow related to u?
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by obstead200(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
VirginFinder:

He's been appointed in acting capacity to make folks like you feel good.
It's very unlikely he'll be confirmed as substantive VC.
How he became a DVC even wows me.

Already, some insatiable ibo ingrates are already beating theirs chests saying he was the most qualified for the job and the school hand no other choice.
What a pathetic tribe, the ibos.
@ the bolded; please keep bias aside.
The regulations dictates that u appoint one of the DVC as acting VC in the event a VC leaves office.
So technically and by law, he is the most qualified for the job.
However, I will be very shocked if an igbo man is confirmed as d substantive VC of a state owned university in the south west.
Even igbos (I am an igbo) will not appoint a non-igbo to such a sensitive post in their state owned institutions even if it is just in acting capacity. It will be a very bad political move for the government in power. Their opposition and the masses will crucify them for that.

Such is the level of our ignorance and senseless tribalism in this country. I pray we all change.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by gretblue: 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2015
The greatest Dis humanity one can do to oneself is to create a self made enemy for oneself. Why is it Ibos naturally take the Yorubas and Hausas as the hinderance towards their political,social and economic development ?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=Eden1747 post=39880864]
I tire o[/QUOTE YOU ARE AN SHE(IDIOTA) . FYI, OYE IBIDAPO OBE IS THE VICE CHANCELLOR OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDUFU-ALIKE IKWO. EBONYI STATE.
INFACT HE HAS BEEN THEIR VC FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS NOW
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by flylykace: 7:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
gsalvatore:

YOUR SENTENCE IS EVEN MORE SCARY.....SORRY SCARING..
Correction taken
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Ihuomadinihu: 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
NigerianDiamond:

How many of South Westerners wander around like your people?...And those that live there in the east are federal workers who usually pay tax through their salaries. So go and sit down...
Then don't blame anyone if those yelrbas are not qualified enough to handle a position in the East. Basically,Yorubas do not export their best brains to the East. How then can you attract quality positions? Go and take several seats. The Wanderes are making it yet you sit and call them names.

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
Eden1747:

I tire o
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by lyricalz: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
flylykace:
The name sound so scaring, do you think he'll make a good VC of Lasu with the look of his name

You are sounding like a yoruba man, I know u're.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by chidexxy007(m): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
PLANETMARS:
Ambode d traffic warden
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Ihuomadinihu: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
gretblue:
The greatest Dis humanity one can do to oneself is to create a self made enemy for oneself. Why is it Ibos naturally take the Yorubas and Hausas as the hinderance towards their political,social and economic development ?
What is this one ranting? Ambode just appointed an igbo man as Lasu VC and the yorubas are all over this thread writting nonesense about igbos. Don't you have eyes biko nu?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Then don't blame anyone if those yelrbas are not qualified enough to handle a position in the East. Basically,Yorubas do not export their best brains to the East. How then can you attract quality positions? Go and take several seats. The Wanderes are making it yet you sit and call them names.
TELL THE HEDIOT THAT PROF OYE IBIDAPO OBE, FORMER UNILAG VC IS VICE CHANCELLOR OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDUFU-ALIKE IKWO EBONYI STATE.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Emmenyk(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
flylykace:
The name sound so scaring, do you think he'll make a good VC of Lasu with the look of his name
yeah because it sounds Igboish that's y he won't make a good VC. I pity u cos u'l soon drown in ur hatred for the Igbos
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by flylykace: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
lyricalz:

You are sounding like a yoruba man, I know u're.
Its unporshunate bro
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by vodkat: 7:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

It's really a pity! Nowadays, Nigerians don't know the difference between Merit and Federal character. Come to oil companies in Port harcourt and you will see Yorubas in juicy positions on merit.
By the way,how many Yeruba are willing to migrate out of their enclaves and settle in the East? How many of them are willing and qualified to participate in community development in the East? Before spewing rubbish about Igbos, take a good look at your Unadventurous,Tribalistic and Timid yoruba brothers that refuse to travel and invest in the East. Nonesense!

Why would yorubas run to the east when igbo indigenes are running away from there . We all.know.d reasons no yawa buy because we decide to.be omoluabi which means good person don't use ur hand to cook hand for my eye

How many londoners are leaving the country to run to nigeria for economic betterment ? Can u compare vice versa.

Human being will never run from where d grass is green to desert.

Even uneducated illiterate know that

Biggest disadvantage for the east is being land locked but who is too blame

The gods have said you have to be cleverest wisest strongest to occupy the best place.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Chinachriss(m): 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sheikwonder:

Was there any need for the diatribe?

I am obviously a novice at Igbo language and I'm trying to learn. If every Igbo person was like you then how in the world would we ever learn?

#Sigh
Olilo udaume
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by honestbabe(f): 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2015
They said Acting VC pending the appointment of the VC,and who told you that njokanma is Igbo
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by ODUBEZE: 7:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
flylykace:
Does the man anyhow related to u?
So he must be related to me before I discern between seriousness and frivolity
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Buchman1(m): 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sheikwonder:

Correct,but even then such a meaning has negative connotations yes?
njo oka nma? it's a rhetorical question which means is evil. better than goodwill?
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Uncletony(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
naijapips02:
How many Hausa's or Yorubas are VC's in a state university in the east?

Who is really marginalizing who?

They are not qualified!.
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Uncletony(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
fulfillment2020:
Prof. Njokanma has been serving LASG and pay his tax duely, how many of your Waste(rn) and Northern brothers pay tax to any Eastern State?

U dey mind those slow poke!!
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Uncletony(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
When yoruba people force peter okoye of Psquare to marry lola, no body complain oo

1 Like

Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by wytecat: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
What's the meaning of this?
This is absolutely senseless, and Ambode must correct this immediately! What's the need to keep putting Yoruba in a position to always have to explain that "we are doing this because we are not cowards but liberal and tolerant"? The position that has been rubbished and rubbed on our faces times without number! Are we this low in confidence

Why are some stuppid Yoruba love to bend over backward to show unnecessary "we have to shut noise makers up"? It works with others but, never with ibos, they see every appointment like this one as getting one over on us and sign of beaten us to surrender!

What about ibos factor of wanting to dominate a place and get his own people to take over other people's things? This man will make LASU an extension of igboland at the expense of indigenous Yoruba students.

What is wrong with these AKO T'ILE TA Yoruba leaders?
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by flylykace: 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2015
Emmenyk:

yeah because it sounds Igboish that's y he won't make a good VC. I pity u cos u'l soon drown in ur hatred for the Igbos
I'm already in it
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by flylykace: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
ODUBEZE:

So he must be related to me before I discern between seriousness and frivolity
What re u even saying?
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by Rolandken(m): 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
La wa o. Njokanma means "Evil is Better". undecided
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by elopee3000(m): 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2015
politricks:
When it doesn't favour them its marginalization but if it favours them its on merit.
ezi bida road ,don't stay only in Lagos move around the country to know what is going on over there,if Greek people didn't explore u won't ve leventis in Nigeria today besides this man is paying his tax to Lagos state not to eastern state that's why I called u ezi bida ,not only Yoruba people has jide as name allso igbo we ve jide obi or jide offor
Re: Ambode Appoints Prof. Njokanma As LASU Acting VC by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2015
Mbilla:
I am not an Igbo man. But honestly the way most of you Yoruba youths reasons surprise me a lot and it seems you guys are lazy or fear to compete. People have being migrating from one place to another right from the time of Jesus Christ and Mohammad. For example, Ashanti tribe in Ghana own 95% of resources in Ghana, there city Kumasi is the second most largest and beautiful city in Ghana and also they have the most richest people in Ghana but yet u will see them every where in Ghana doing business, you will also see them every where in the World even the remote village's in Nigeria doing business. That people come to ur land to do business doesn't mean that their land is not good but they see opportunity that u didnt see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let’s Discuss! If School Does Not Work Out, What Is Your Back Up Plan? / LASU SUG Blocks School Over Student Mass Failure Today (Photos) / Senate Proposes 18 As Age For UTME Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.