Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Watch Your Words - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Watch Your Words (488 Views)

Careful With Your Words / Jezebel Is Coming - Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj / Your Words Has Power / Watch Your Tongue, DSS Warns Apostle Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Watch Your Words by Maxkdave(m): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2015
Careless words can hurt people. Not only can they influence a person’s self worth, they can actually shape that person’s destiny. If you doubt that, consider these two stories :
1) One day in a small country church an altar boy accidentally dropped the communion wine. The officiating priest slapped him and shouted, ‘leave and don’t come back! That boy became General Tito, the brutal communist dictator who ruled the people of Yugoslavia for years.

2) In a big city Cathedral another alter boy dropped the communion wine. His Bishop turned to him and whispered reassuringly, ‘it’s okay, some day you’ll be a great priest.’ That boy became Archbishop Fulton Sheen, whose sermons touched the hearts of millions on national television.

Your words either build people up or tear them down. Solomon said, ‘Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise bring healing.(proverb 12:18 NIV). Here’s a truth we don’t like to acknowledge ;what comes out of our lips reveals what’s in our heart, and our ‘I didn’t mean it’ doesn’t change that or undo the damage. Eugene Peterson writes: Every day I put love on the line. There’s nothing I am less good at. I am far better in competition than love; far better at responding to my instinct to get ahead, than at figuring out how to love another. I’m schooled and trained in getting my own way. And yet I decided everyday to set aside what I do best, and attempt to do what I do very clumsily open myself to the frustrations and failures of loving, daring to believe that failing in love is better than succeeding in pride'.

SOURCE: http://trulifestylez.com/watch-your-words/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Watch Your Words by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
inspirational...

1 Like

Re: Watch Your Words by Maxkdave(m): 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
inspirational...
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Is The Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? / A German View Of Islam / Woman With Small Breasts Got Bigger Breasts After Bishop Oyedepo’s Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.