Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State (2340 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Lodge In Lagos In Dilapidated State. Photos / Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
Folks this is Port Harcourt road Aba. I just came home to Aba, and had the privilege of snapping some photos. I equally found out that this federal road has not been touched since Sam Mbakwe days (1982). I wonder which federal road that hasn't been touched at least once in the last 2 decades. I also realized that all the government parastatal are all renting their offices from private individual. The folks in Abuja has simply refused to develop the town. There is no single federal presence, all you have is private individuals. And you wonder why we keep clamouring for Biafra

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by whirlwind7(m): 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
Well, since the vice president has admitted that roads in the SE are in the most terrible condition compared with the rest of the country, let's see what the FG is willing to do about it.
Don't hope for too much, though. Bubu said it isn't realistic for folks in the 5% vote region to expect to get treated same as other parts of the country.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Greyworld: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
Imagine! Aba is the Heart of Abia state and also an important city in the south and to Nigeria as a nation.

I just wonder how the past governor made it out alive and is currently n the senate, the 1 before him is one of the richest Nigerians.

The people should force their governor(past n present) to have breakfast by the pool.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2015
Some more photos

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
More

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by bugzbunny: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
Buhari said u guys are 5%.......
So make una go sleep

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by john124(m): 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
Very bad road it will soon be a lake. ish..
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by IGBOSON1: 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
There's near zero federal presence in that state......and the useless governors they keep on electing allowing to govern them doesn't help as well!

You know at a point in the early 60s, Aba was on the same economic trajectory as Lagos and Port Harcourt! Hard to believe now with the sorry state of investments and infrastructure in the city today! sad

It's pics like these that firm my belief that Nigeria is holding us down as a people!

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by IGBOSON1: 4:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
If i had been the governor of Abia (like the two useless Orjis'), i would find the money from any means to fix up that major thoroughfare to international standards...not minding that it's a federal gov't road!

That road is to Aba, what Aba road is to Port Harcourt!

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by eye4eye: 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
I believe you had Abia representatives in PDP government of Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan that did nothing to help Iboland. They did nothing other than to enrich themselves massively. Jonathan did not build a single road in Iboland or reconstruct a single road in six years of his inglorious administration.

Why you didn't clamor for your so called Biafra during PDP miserable government is beyond me? It is now that Buhari came in you all realized Biafra is your solution.

You need to call your fellow Ibo politicians back from Abuja and start lynching them before your problems can be solved. Your leaders are your problems and not Nigeria. Your leaders are the richest former governors we have in Nigeria. For example, Orji Kalu is the richest former governor today.

Bunch of fools.

2 Likes

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
More snaps

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
More

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by spinoff: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2015
eye4eye:
I believe you had Abia representatives in PDP government of Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Jonathan that did nothing to help Iboland. They did nothing other than to enrich themselves massively. Jonathan did not build a single road in Iboland or reconstruct a single road in six years of his inglorious administration.

Why you didn't clamor for your so called Biafra during PDP miserable government is beyond me? It is now that Buhari came in you all realized Biafra is your solution.

You need to call your fellow Ibo politicians back from Abuja and start lynching them before your problems can be solved. Your leaders are your problems and not Nigeria. Your leaders are the richest former governors we have in Nigeria. For example, Orji Kalu is the richest former governor today.

Bunch of fools.

Sad Hoping scales fall off the eyes in the coming years
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by IGBOSON1: 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2015
eye4eye:

Bunch of fools.

^^^Quit making this a PDP thing fool! You talk as if there's any difference between PDP and APC! They're the same bunch of self-serving greedy politicians, and the only difference between the two parties is a difference of opinion on which region/zone should collect the keys to Aso Rock in 2015....nothing else!

A dearth in good governance in all the states has more to do with the nature of the Nigerian political-economy and the protection Abuja can give politicians who fuc/k up in their respective states! We have a system where the center is all-powerful and overbearing instead of power deriving from the units/states as should be the case in a true federation of states!

Should the Abia electorate share part of the blame? Sure! But there's really not much they can do if ultimate power resides in some far-off place instead of in Umuahia and Aba! And this is the tragedy of 'one Nigeria' as presently constituted!

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by nobilie: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
The problem of Nigerians is hard to fix. Even Buhari has seen that it's not as easy as he thought. No wonder he is still paying subsidy which he previously called fraud. Naturally, people will react when they are pushed beyound their limits.

1 Like

Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 6:25am On Nov 08, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Quit making this a PDP thing fool! You talk as if there's any difference between PDP and APC! They're the same bunch of self-serving greedy politicians, and the only difference between the two parties is a difference of opinion on which region/zone should collect the keys to Aso Rock in 2015....nothing else!

A dearth in good governance in all the states has more to do with the nature of the Nigerian political-economy and the protection Abuja can give politicians who fuc/k up in their respective states! We have a system where the center is all-powerful and overbearing instead of power deriving from the units/states as should be the case in a true federation of states!

Should the Abia electorate share part of the blame? Sure! But there's really not much they can do if ultimate power resides in some far-off place instead of in Umuahia and Aba! And this is the tragedy of 'one Nigeria' as presently constituted!

Bros, why did you even bother responding to that clown. Obviously he is a little detached from the political realities on ground. Beside the valid facts that you pointed out "power residing in some far-off place .......", How in the world is the electorate going to have any kind of say and influences on reps that were rigged in?
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 6:39am On Nov 08, 2015
nobilie:
The problem of Nigerians is hard to fix. Even Buhari has seen that it's not as easy as he thought. No wonder he is still paying subsidy which he previously called fraud. Naturally, people will react when they are pushed beyound their limits.

Bros, what we have here is a deliberate attempt and infact a success in keeping the southeast region backwards. If it were a problem of Nigeria, then the federal roads in the North and West (lets forget Lagos and Abuja for now) should have equally been neglected by the Fed's. How come there are goverment structures scattered all over the country besides the east. What we have is the federal government of Nigera, constantly punishing us for the war in the 60s. I mean there is no federal presence what's so ever in Abia state. Not a single one.

Any reasonalble person can see why our young people want out of the Marriage called Nigeria. The almalgamation treaty has expired, so nobody needs to fight any kind of war. It is all going to be a peaceful desolution if this government keeps treating the South east as second class citizens
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Gravanno: 6:52am On Nov 08, 2015
And these goats wanted Jonathan to continue? The most annoying thing is they even made him their Hero.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Labee: 6:56am On Nov 08, 2015
Gravanno:
And this these goats wanted Jonathan to continue? The mast most annoying thing is they even made him their Hero.

Get your grammer together first before you come on here and spew baloney
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by mekadinho(f): 7:00am On Nov 08, 2015
Greyworld:
Imagine! Aba is the Heart of Abia state and also an important city in the south and to Nigeria as a nation.

I just wonder how the past governor made it out alive and is currently n the senate, the 1 before him is one of the richest Nigerians.

The people should force their governor(past n present) to have breakfast by the pool.
Its a federal rd, nt state. If d state had done d roads, paying bk by d federal is always a problem.
Re: Dilapidated State Of Port Harcourt Road Aba, Abia State by Gravanno: 7:33am On Nov 08, 2015
Labee:

Get your grammer together first before you come on here and spew baloney
Shut it fool, typical of you ediots. That was an obvious insertion by smart phone I just bought.

'Before you come on here'? Was that an attempt to type in Swahili? Fool.

(1) (Reply)

David Cameron Withdraws ‘fantastically Corrupt’ Statement On Nigeria / Would You Still Vote For Buhari Again Over Jonathan / NEWS UPDATE: Tinubu Backs Niger Delta, Blasts Buhari In Powerful Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.