Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,860 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP (1237 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Re-arrest: FG Engaging In Double Standard – Afenifere / INEC Can’t Guarantee Conclusive Elections In 2019 –chairman / Taraba Tribunal Verdict: Judicial Double Standard – @countfreemount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says Saturday's judgment of the Taraba state gubernatorial election tribunal in favour of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Hajia Aisha Jummai Alhassan is another evidence of executive interference in the judiciary.

The party said the reason given by the tribunal for arriving at the bizarre decision is intriguing and further exposes the contradictions and double standards inherent in most tribunal rulings against PDP interests recently.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh said in a statement on Saturday that the Taraba state tribunal ruling again brings to the fore the organized plan by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led APC Federal Government to deploy all unorthodox means to decimate the opposition.

"It is rather curious and a great conflict of irony that the Taraba tribunal sitting in Abuja on security grounds faulted the conduct of PDP primaries shifted to the same Abuja on security reasons”, the party stressed.

The PDP said if the tribunal is faulting the party primaries as basis for its decision, it then means that no APC gubernatorial candidate can stand the test, as their party never had acceptable primaries in any of their states.

The PDP wants democracy watchers globally to recall that it had earlier alerted the nation and the international community of the grand design by the APC to use the judiciary to wrestle some PDP states, particularly Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Taraba states.

“Evidence that Taraba ruling was a product of Presidency manipulation can be deduced from the fact that few hours before the judgment was delivered, the APC had arrogantly announced their victory on the new media”, it said.

PDP said it is totally confounded by the brazing show of power by the executive and warned that the development clearly portends grave danger to our democracy and indeed national cohesion and development.

Finally the party calls on its members across the country, especially in Taraba state to remain undaunted as the appellate courts will restore its well-deserved victory.

Signed

Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

2 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2015
lalasticlala, obinoscopy, seun, admin
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by dustmalik: 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
I knew it was only a matter of time before Olisa Metuh releases another wailing epistle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Buhari really wants to turn Nigeria into a one party state before launching his islamization agenda for Nigeria. I believe Buhari will destroy Nigeria faster than Biafra protesters and it's a welcome development anyway!

3 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by tempex88(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2015
Our judiciary has never been independent. Gone are the days of impunity when a phone call solves it all. Now, if u have sketelon, u will cover it and even plaster it

4 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by malton: 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
“Evidence that Taraba ruling was a product of Presidency manipulation can be deduced from the fact that few hours before the judgment was delivered, the APC had arrogantly announced their victory on the new media"
How is this a conclusive evidence? What manner of people speak for the PDP nowadays? I wonder which is more shameful--the fact he was grossly inept, or that he was drawing the attention of the international community to his ineptitude!

4 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by merry02(m): 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
Can i get the legal interpretation of d tribunals rulling cos d rulling of the tribunal was not based on election irregularities bt on the ground that the primary that produced darius was not held in jalingo bt held in abj and he won and was presented by his party.pls I need a vivid explanations from ur judicial point of view.thanks

1 Like

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by rottennaija(m): 4:52pm On Nov 07, 2015

“Evidence that Taraba ruling was a product of Presidency
manipulation can be deduced from the fact that few hours before
the judgment was delivered, the APC had arrogantly announced
their victory on the new media”, it said

So they should have announced their victory in their sitting rooms? Nonsense. When you know you have a good case, what then? Gradually, sanity is returning to the judiciary.

When politicians know that their dubious means of getting to a political post will be returned to the right full owner, they will learn to abide by the rules and all thus court cases will be things of the past

3 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
When I say most wailers on nairaland lacks cognitive reasoning, I know what I am saying.

4 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2015
malton:

How is this a conclusive evidence? What manner of people speak for the PDP nowadays? I wonder which is more shameful--the fact he was grossly inept, or that he was drawing the attention of the international community to his ineptitude!
How is it not conclusive? Are you pretending to to know the tribunal judgement is fraudulent?
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Source of this wailing episode?

4 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
When I say most wailers on nairaland lacks cognitive reasoning, I know what I am saying.
even you demons have no cogent reasons to justify this devilish judgement hence you resort to abusing people for no reason

2 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by omenka(m): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari really wants to turn Nigeria into a one party state before launching his islamization agenda for Nigeria. I believe Buhari will destroy Nigeria faster than Biafra protesters and it's a welcome development!
See comment naw!! Rotflmao. cheesycheesycheesycheesy

I get migraines whenever I try to rationalise some Wailer's comments. Haba. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:20pm On Nov 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:

even you demons have no cogent reasons to justify this devilish judgement hence you resort to abusing people for no reason

O! Really?
With your name calling, Buhari as an Islamist, a fantastic and a dull'ard whose intend is to upturn election of opposition States and then finally Islamizing Nigeria as you claim.

Is this the way you lots intend to play opposition?
If it is, then you are treading towards retribution. You will fail miserably.
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) says Saturday's judgment of the Taraba state gubernatorial election tribunal in favour of the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Hajia Aisha Jummai Alhassan is another evidence of executive interference in the judiciary.

The party said the reason given by the tribunal for arriving at the bizarre decision is intriguing and further exposes the contradictions and double standards inherent in most tribunal rulings against PDP interests recently.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh said in a statement on Saturday that the Taraba state tribunal ruling again brings to the fore the organized plan by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led APC Federal Government to deploy all unorthodox means to decimate the opposition.

"It is rather curious and a great conflict of irony that the Taraba tribunal sitting in Abuja on security grounds faulted the conduct of PDP primaries shifted to the same Abuja on security reasons”, the party stressed.

The PDP said if the tribunal is faulting the party primaries as basis for its decision, it then means that no APC gubernatorial candidate can stand the test, as their party never had acceptable primaries in any of their states.

The PDP wants democracy watchers globally to recall that it had earlier alerted the nation and the international community of the grand design by the APC to use the judiciary to wrestle some PDP states, particularly Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Taraba states.

“Evidence that Taraba ruling was a product of Presidency manipulation can be deduced from the fact that few hours before the judgment was delivered, the APC had arrogantly announced their victory on the new media”, it said.

PDP said it is totally confounded by the brazing show of power by the executive and warned that the development clearly portends grave danger to our democracy and indeed national cohesion and development.

Finally the party calls on its members across the country, especially in Taraba state to remain undaunted as the appellate courts will restore its well-deserved victory.

Signed

Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

IdisuleOurOwn:
Source of this wailing episode?

My friend, where is your source?
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
The Benue state Governorship election which Apc won and the tribunal affirmed his Victory lost d PDP primaries and decamped to Apc even without doing a primary election was given d Apc ticket,but the tribunal kept a blind eye to that,now they are nullifying the taraba Governoship election because PDP did d Primary in Abuja instead of Taraba.meanwhile the tribunal is even sitting in Abuja instead of Taraba for Security reasons,Apc has turned d Judiciary into a Joke! No wonder Biafrans want out from the Zoo!

1 Like

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
lalasticlala, are you dulling?
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

My friend, where is your source?
I'm the source
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by doctokwus: 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
I thought he wud threaten fire and brimstone again.
Metuh is gradually coming to the Stark realisation that PDP wud soon be history in Nigeria.
The evil that men(party) do does really live after them.
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by drss(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2015
Islamization of Nigeria loading...
A muslim woman foisted by APC tribunal as governor of christian dominated state of Taraba. A christain man will never be governor in a muslim dominated northern states even if na deputy governor talkless of a woman. buhari d dulllaard taking d contri backwards since may 29. But wetin concern me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by drss(m): 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Buhari really wants to turn Nigeria into a one party state before launching his islamization agenda for Nigeria. I believe Buhari will destroy Nigeria faster than Biafra protesters and it's a welcome development!
yes ooooo! Anything way go make d zoo collapse sharp sharp is a welcome development. smiley
buari continu d judicial impunity.
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
I think some of these things should be blamed on the Lawyers and the way they represent their clients. A court is not a father christmas and cannot give what is not asked.

The governor of Benue state Sam Ortom did not resign his membership of the PDP, before emerging the APC flagbearer. I don't think the PDP's Lawyer pointed out this fact. He did not emerge through a free and fair primaries also.

If Mama Taraba was declared winner because Ishaku was not validly nominated by his party, then I can only shake my head cos there is fire on the mountain. I won't say more till I have read the judgement.

@FreeGlobe. Buhari does not need to manipulate the judiciary for mama Taraba. She was a Chief Registrar of the FCT High Court and peddles a lot of influence within the FCT Judiciary circle. The woman was like the Chief Judge of the FCT during her time.
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by lalasticlala(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
FreeGlobe:
lalasticlala, are you dulling?

Here, link to source always necessary
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2015
lalasticlala:

Here, link to source always necessary
www.twitter.com/pdpnigeria cool
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by Okanokan(m): 6:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
This is the rubbish foisted on Nigerians called Democracy. Pdp is bad but Apc is worse. Like the proverbial hunter who killed an elephant that is too heavy for him to carry, yet is still interested in hunting the cricket even with the heavyload on his head. I wish Apc well!
Re: Taraba; Conclusive Evidence Of Judicial Double Standard Against The PDP by osaslord500(m): 8:08pm On Nov 07, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

. / New Council For Delta State Institutions And Broadcasting Services. / Governor Willie Of Anambra State Doles Millions To Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.