Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,109 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt (916 Views)

Airtel, Smile, Glo Make Final Five To Buy 9mobile / Senate To Halt Hike Of Data Price / How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt by COMPAQ(m): 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
I bought a smile modem December 2014 and was indeed enjoying superfast speeds as promised. In those early days, my download speeds on speedtest were as high as 12Mbps.

Fastforward to as recently as 2/3 months ago and the speeds have crawled to as slow as 1.5 Mbps on average. On a good day I might get 2.5Mbps and on poor days it doesn't even get to 1Mbps.

I think it's really unfair for them to be marketing a service as super fast 4G Lte when I get faster speeds on Etisalat which is a 3.75G network. I get as high as 5Mbps on average with Etisalat.

NCC really should Wade into this as its getting really frustrating. I wish Spectranet or NTel would launch soonest in Port Harcourt as I will almost certainly switch.
Re: Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt by LordReed(m): 6:57am On Nov 08, 2015
I thought the thread title says grinds to a halt? How come it is still working?
Re: Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt by COMPAQ(m): 11:10am On Nov 08, 2015
I believe it's called figure of speech....
Re: Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
COMPAQ:
I bought a smile modem December 2014 and was indeed enjoying superfast speeds as promised. In those early days, my download speeds on speedtest were as high as 12Mbps.

Fastforward to as recently as 2/3 months ago and the speeds have crawled to as slow as 1.5 Mbps on average. On a good day I might get 2.5Mbps and on poor days it doesn't even get to 1Mbps.

I think it's really unfair for them to be marketing a service as super fast 4G Lte when I get faster speeds on Etisalat which is a 3.75G network. I get as high as 5Mbps on average with Etisalat.

NCC really should Wade into this as its getting really frustrating. I wish Spectranet or NTel would launch soonest in Port Harcourt as I will almost certainly switch.
that's why we have alternatives. So when you switch to another plan, they sit up. You're right about their advertisement and all the operators are guilty of it especially false advert
Re: Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nigerians and suffering and smiling. So 12MB/s (Technically still HSPA, ie 3.5G) is super fast?
Re: Smile Internet Grinds To A Halt In Parts Of Portharcourt by LordReed(m): 10:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
COMPAQ:
I believe it's called figure of speech....

Maybe you need to look up the meaning of figure of speech then come back and explain how it relates to your thread title.

(1) (Reply)

List The Type Of Phones You Have Used / Swap Your Android Phone With My Psp With Games / Hello Guys, Pls How Do I Root A Cloned Samsung Galaxy J5.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.