Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,049 members, 7,863,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland (1005 Views)

Celebration On The Streets Of Paris As France Wins World Cup / Wellington Jighere Defeated By Brett Smitheram At World Scrabble Competition / Jighere Wellington Is New World Scrabble Champion,speaks On His Win! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 08, 2015
A Nigerian , Wellington Jighere , just won the
World scrabble championship in Perth Australia in
spectacular fashion winning second placed Lewis
Mackay of England 4 - 0 in a best of 7 games ,
Lewis stood no chance against the tenacity and
word power of the Nigerian. This win makes
Wellington the first black man , the first African
and by extension , the first Nigerian to win the
World scrabble championship , Congratulations to
Wellington , congratulations to Nigeria ,
congratulations to Africa.

cc lalasticlala
cao

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by MathsChic(f): 8:05am On Nov 08, 2015
Remarkable! Said it before and will say it again. But I'm pretty certain Nigerians don't realize the magnitude of this.
Re: Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by tuffgongjo(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2015
Great news.
Re: Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by cao(f): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
Neoapocalypse, see how you don carry me to Sports section, I'm not the mod of this section, but I applaud your tenacity. Let's hope one of the posts makes FP.
Re: Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
cao:
Neoapocalypse, see how you don carry me to Sports section, I'm not the mod of this section, but I applaud your tenacity. Let's hope one of the posts makes FP.
wink Thanks mi'lady
Re: Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02am On Nov 15, 2015
Ma'am, I sure do.

After dominating Africa for so long (11-times African Champs in Scrabble at all levels-- single and team events), it was only a matter of time we "beat" the world to emerge "GLOBAL CHAMPS". The English are so miffed at this because it's their "language". Hahaha..... Cool. Guess being the originator of something doesn't necessarily make one a master at it right? Well, not in all cases anyway.....*smiles*

Scrabble is my 2nd favorite "intellectual" pasttime/game. I love word plays. Good for the Frontal cortex. Sudoku is my 3rd favorite. But my best of all is "Chess"»»»»» "Game of the Strategists and the Calculatives"

*smiles*

Never knew I'll see a lady on NL with admirable "Maths Ingenuity"....... Pretty cool.

I got someone by the name "Profmathsland".... Maybe you guys can rub minds.

Thing is he doesn't know about the "NL maths clinic" (opened his NL account before me but hasn't been online for a long while, he just made a comeback)...... And yeah, I "called" his name here with the hope that he opens his mentions and get to meet you. (By reading this).

Ma'am, I just made the discovery of that "cool maths thread" in the early hours of this morning. Interesting stuffs and cool individuals. *not bad*

I'll appreciate your taking this seriously because like you, he loves "Maths" and talks "maths". Football is the only other thing he loves apart from his faith of course.

Really Ma'am, I find your "sapiosexual" kind interesting and kinda rare. There are a few others I've seen like you but you guys come in "scarce quantities".

Ever heard of the Fields medal?? Or Grigori Perelman?? Or John Nash?? Yeah.... "Those heights" *smiles*

P.S: Profmathsland is my "Big Brother". I'm sure he'll be excited to see you guys in the "NL MATHS CLINIC". He may be a bit "odd" but he's gungho on "anything" MATHS.

I have keen interests in Maths too but more on the "Mathematical Physics" and "Mathematical Statistics" side. Maths and Physics as Applied to Medicine and Science Research is part of "my thing". Though, I try to "brush up" from time to time on other Maths aspects (hey! I hold no maths degree aiit......*smiles*).
My favorites remain Calculus and Geometry. (But don't expect me on that section anytime soon. Hahaha.... Time will probably come for that. My programs and studies are quite rigorous and I use the "NL Sports" section to cool off). For now, expect Profmathsland......*smiles*

With people like you around as with some others, I see "A GREAT PEOPLE RISING" from Africa in "Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathemtics (S.T.E.M)" as a whole especially in the "Physical sciences".

Another Variation to S.T.E.M is "STEMM" (same as STEM but the last letter stands for Medicine). Other S.T.E.M variations exist as well.

Godbless Ma'am.........

I PM'd you.... *smiles*

MathsChic:
Remarkable! Said it before and will say it again. But I'm pretty certain Nigerians don't realize the magnitude of this.
Re: Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by MathsChic(f): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Ma'am, I sure do.

After dominating Africa for so long (11-times African Champs in Scrabble at all levels-- single and team events), it was only a matter of time we "beat" the world to emerge "GLOBAL CHAMPS". The English are so miffed at this because it's their "language". Hahaha..... Cool. Guess being the originator of something doesn't necessarily make one a master at it right? Well, not in all cases anyway.....*smiles*

Scrabble is my 2nd favorite "intellectual" pasttime/game. I love word plays. Good for the Frontal cortex. Sudoku is my 3rd favorite. But my best of all is "Chess"»»»»» "Game of the Strategists and the Calculatives"

*smiles*

Never knew I'll see a lady on NL with admirable "Maths Ingenuity"....... Pretty cool.

I got someone by the name "Profmathsland".... Maybe you guys can rub minds.

Thing is he doesn't know about the "NL maths clinic" (opened his NL account before me but hasn't been online for a long while, he just made a comeback)...... And yeah, I "called" his name here with the hope that he opens his mentions and get to meet you. (By reading this).

Ma'am, I just made the discovery of that "cool maths thread" in the early hours of this morning. Interesting stuffs and cool individuals. *not bad*

I'll appreciate your taking this seriously because like you, he loves "Maths" and talks "maths". Football is the only other thing he loves apart from his faith of course.

Really Ma'am, I find your "sapiosexual" kind interesting and kinda rare. There are a few others I've seen like you but you guys come in "scarce quantities".

Ever heard of the Fields medal?? Or Grigori Perelman?? Or John Nash?? Yeah.... "Those heights" *smiles*

P.S: Profmathsland is my "Big Brother". I'm sure he'll be excited to see you guys in the "NL MATHS CLINIC". He may be a bit "odd" but he's gungho on "anything" MATHS.

I have keen interests in Maths too but more on the "Mathematical Physics" and "Mathematical Statistics" side. Maths and Physics as Applied to Medicine and Science Research is part of "my thing". Though, I try to "brush up" from time to time on other Maths aspects (hey! I hold no maths degree aiit......*smiles*).
My favorites remain Calculus and Geometry. (But don't expect me on that section anytime soon. Hahaha.... Time will probably come for that. My programs and studies are quite rigorous and I use the "NL Sports" section to cool off). For now, expect Profmathsland......*smiles*

With people like you around as with some others, I see "A GREAT PEOPLE RISING" from Africa in "Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathemtics (S.T.E.M)" as a whole especially in the "Physical sciences".

Another Variation to S.T.E.M is "STEMM" (same as STEM but the last letter stands for Medicine). Other S.T.E.M variations exist as well.

Godbless Ma'am.........

I PM'd you.... *smiles*

This is impressive! smiley
Thanks for the compliments. I see myself mostly as a learner, however.
One name stands out in your writing: Perelman. Genius! It's a pity he doesn't do maths anymore. At least not actively like the bunch of guys who worked on the Ricci flow like he did. I see you are at John Hopkins. That's a good one. Wish you the best there.

And you do play chess? I do too. We should play sometime, if that's okay smiley
Re: Nigerian Wins World Scrabble Championship In Australia - Gaming - Nairaland by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
You're most welcome Miss (or Madam) Mathschic
**smiles**

And thanks for the good wishes. I really appreciate. Yeah, I'm with Johns Hopkins Medicine's BSI, Baltimore on research scholarship(s) (online and on-campus) but I'm also a medical student in Nigeria into my 2nd med.degree (mbbs) studies (recently finished my 1st med.degree studies--B.sc. Hons)

And, Yeah, Perelman went into obscurity soon after solving the Poincare Conjecture "puzzle". He even rejected the Fields medal!!!! (And the big cash that goes with it).

Really weird guy but awe-inspiring all the same... The guy inspires me like Einstein. I have a lot of role models in science and medicine. (Plus very "few" mentors). **smiles**

Playing Chess with you? Hmmm...... Should I be scared, wary, or excited? **smiles**

I don't mind anyway..... Hopefully the time pops up for that. But certainly it will happen.......*smiles* I just don't know how soon.

I sent an Email reply......

Thanks for your courtesy. Hopefully I get to know you a bit more. Just keep on keeping on, Ma'am.....

The world awaits your "talents"

MathsChic:

This is impressive! smiley
Thanks for the compliments. I see myself mostly as a learner, however.
One name stands out in your writing: Perelman. Genius! It's a pity he doesn't do maths anymore. At least not actively like the bunch of guys who worked on the Ricci flow like he did. I see you are at John Hopkins. That's a good one. Wish you the best there.

And you do play chess? I do too. We should play sometime, if that's okay smiley

(1) (Reply)

Paris Saint-germain's Kurzawa Reveals Huge New Tattoo / Michael Olowokandi Celebrates His 41st Birthday Today! / Jurgen Klopp Takes Liverpool First Team To Watch Barcelona V Borussia Monchengla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.