Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. (8083 Views)

Even The Bible Condemns Crossbreeding / Photo: Behold! what would you call this strange animals? 'a nairalander's pet' / Names Of Animals In Hausa Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by benuejosh: 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
for those who love crossbreeding animals HERE is what the bible has to say about that, i was a reading through a christian literature in my house and came across Leviticus 19:19 where God prohibits crossbreeding. here are what different versions of bible says

Leviticus 19:19
GOD'S WORD'S TRANSLATION
"Obey my laws. Never crossbreed different kinds of animals. Never plant two kinds of crops in your field. Never wear clothes made from two kinds of material."

KING JAMES VERSION
"You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with another kind: you shall not sow your field with mixed seed: neither shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you."

NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE
"'You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together."

NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION
"'Keep my decrees. "'Do not mate different kinds of animals. "'Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. "'Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."

NEW LIVING TRANSLATION
"You must obey all my decrees. "Do not mate two different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two different kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven from two different kinds of thread."

HOLMAN CHRISTIAN STANDARD BIBLE
"You are to keep My statutes. You must not crossbreed two different kinds of your livestock, sow your fields with two kinds of seed, or put on a garment made of two kinds of material."

INTERNATIONAL STANDARD VERSION
"Observe my statutes. "You are not to let your cattle breed with a different species. "You are not to sow your fields with two different kinds of seeds. "You are not to wear clothing made from two different kinds of material."

ENGLISH REVISED VERSION
"Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with two kinds of seed: neither shall there come upon thee a garment of two kinds of stuff mingled together."

WORD ENGLISH BIBLE
"'You shall keep my statutes. "'You shall not crossbreed different kinds of animals. "'you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed; "'neither shall there come upon on you a garment made of two kinds of material."

NET BIBLE
"You must keep my statutes. You must not allow two different kinds of your animals to breed, you must not sow your field with two different kinds of seed, and you must not wear a garment made of two different kinds of fabric."
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by Femi2Ranking(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
Never cross breed different types of animals not different breeds of same animals. gsd and caucasian are both dogs same animals not a sin... my 1 cent
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by Prodeegee(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
Femi2Ranking:
Never cross breed different types of animals not different breeds of same animals. gsd and caucasian are both dogs same animals not a sin... my 1 cent
Well said

1 Like

Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by TVmhm: 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
And bro ......those times that was in the in the time of the old priest and the children of Aaron....if you have to follow one follow all rules
....that same book says if you eat any animal that crawls on its belly you are unclean and must be away from people for like seven days leat they die........long story short.......Things change so Rules and Regulations must change .....try not to misquote the BIBLE..
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by benuejosh: 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
TVmhm:
And bro ......those times that was in the in the time of the old priest and the children of Aaron....if you have to follow one follow all rules
....that same book says if you eat any animal that crawls on its belly you are unclean and must be away from people for like seven days leat they die........long story short.......Things change so Rules and Regulations must change .....try not to misquote the BIBLE..
things change but God doesnt Change neither does his words, if we say those things are in ther old testament why then do we still keep the Ten Commandements of God cause they were given in the old testaments too.
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by TVmhm: 11:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
benuejosh:
things change but God doesnt Change neither does his words, if we say those things are in ther old testament why then do we still keep the Ten Commandements of God cause they were given in the old testaments too.
Times and season change brother.....Why don't people offer burnt offering any more rite .......cos in our time it sounds crazy right?........try putting on a certain colour of cloth in that time you would be called "unclean"....Just try and understand that things change
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by redcurry(f): 4:00am On Jan 04, 2015
TVmhm:
Seconded.
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by benuejosh: 4:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
am still not convinced
redcurry:
Seconded.
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by Eveezy(m): 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
If you were to leave animals in the natural order in which God has created, different breed of dogs will cross demselves nd produce offsprings of unsimilar characteristics. It is the act of humans by selective breeding dt we re able to get a particular linage of a particular breed, the bible has been interpreted nd misinterpreted by different people with different ideologies nd belief, its a good thing u brought out diff versions of d bible, u would see that majority of them focuses on breeding of animals of different kinds, jst like lions nd cats, lions belong to d cats family, bt they shouldn't be bred together, to me that's jst d explanation of of breeding of animals of diff breed. So plzz nd plzzzz, dnt misinterprete d bible, the natural order of tinz would ve bin for all dogs to be mixed breed. Fine scientist trying out experiments lyk breeding domestic dogs wit wolves or domestic cats wit lions, those re nt d natural order of tinz, so dt could be considered a sin if I were to look at it frm dis verse provided frm d bible, that's d explanation I cn give
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by alakara(m): 6:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
I think the OP is taking it differently,
It said different kind/species,that
Means don't mate a dog with a cow and vice
Versa. it doesn't mean you should cross dogs
Of the same species but different dogs.
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by benuejosh: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
Eveezy:
If you were to leave animals in the natural order in which God has created, different breed of dogs will cross demselves nd produce offsprings of unsimilar characteristics. It is the act of humans by selective breeding dt we re able to get a particular linage of a particular breed, the bible has been interpreted nd misinterpreted by different people with different ideologies nd belief, its a good thing u brought out diff versions of d bible, u would see that majority of them focuses on breeding of animals of different kinds, jst like lions nd cats, lions belong to d cats family, bt they shouldn't be bred together, to me that's jst d explanation of of breeding of animals of diff breed. So plzz nd plzzzz, dnt misinterprete d bible
na fight? *bolder*
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by redcurry(f): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
benuejosh:
am still not convinced
well.l stand with alakara and eveezy on this.
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by henry007(m): 1:55am On Jan 06, 2015
Lmao considering most dog breeds are as a result of organised cross breeding. this is hilarious
Re: Crossbreeding Of Animals A Sin. by tobilavish(m): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2019
henry007:
Lmao considering most dog breeds are as a result of organised cross breeding. this is hilarious
abii oh

(1) (Reply)

My Guinea Fowls Dairy / 100% Pure Female Buabo For Sell / Purebred Caucasian Puppies Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.