Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

I Hate These Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Hate These Churches (1107 Views)

Which Of These Churches Has The Finest/best Choir / Why Do Many Christian Parent Hate These Christian Names / Are These Churches Sign Posts Hilarious Enough? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 5:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Many churches in our society -if not all of them, today aren't really what I could call a church. My conclusion is based on these fact:

For a month and two weeks , I attended a very popular & established church of which everyone of us know about (name withheld ).The congregation of this particular church per service was as sand in the ocean.Tithes and offerings are being paid in every of the services and of course, the word of God is also being preached.

My research made me became aware that Most of the preaching was based on tithes and offerings. The pastor would always preach about this (I.e tithes and offerings ) even when it isn't necessary ,or when teaching something else, would digress to tithes and offerings in a very skillful way.

My realization made me ask myself this very good questions ;
(1) Where on earth are those huge amount of money going to?

(2)If he would always preach about tithes and offerings why shouldn't he tell us how and what our tithes and offerings are being used for?

(3)For that month and two weeks I attended, why hadn't I heard the same pastor that always preach to us on how to pay tithes and offerings, tell the whole members to volunteer in helping to distribute provisions,food,clothes etc. that has been bought by the church to give to the needy,orphanage homes, widows etc for there well being?
(4)Coulld it be that it's this same tithes and offerings that made this pastor's networth profoundly gripping?

All these questions even made me take closer look at some other churches and pastors. But they all fell my hand even in some other aspects.And I have a feeling of deep and perfect hatred for churches unlike before. I'm a Christian but I haven't attended church for the past two months

Please if you've got any advice or addition or subtraction feel free to add.

Nb: LALASTICLALA, ISHILOVE etc I really do not know much about you guys As I'm just a new member, but please do the needful as every member would always say.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
Funny, so u are more concern on what ur tithe & offering is used for? who is using it and so on....
u have missed the principles of giving, i'm aware of the happening in church these days. if u know what giving is, no one will force u to give.

1 Like

Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
DebbyChris:
Funny, so u are more concern on what ur tithe & offering is used for? who is using it and so on....
u have missed the principles of giving, i'm aware of the happening in church these days. if u know what giving is, no one will force u to give.

If at all I found myself back in an established church I swear to never give my tithe nor offerrings in that church , but instead, I will locate beggers or any of the motherless homes to help them directly with the little I have , and then my mind would be at peace.

1 Like

Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 6:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Teophilus96 post=39812144] You don't go to church again? Are you really preparing to go to heaven at all?
Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
Most christians don't study God's word to know his stands about many things eg giving. if u know what God says about giving, no pastor can deceive you to do otherwise but we allow our pastors to study the bible and use sweet words to deceive us.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
DebbyChris:
Most christians don't study God's word to know his stands about many things eg giving. if u know what God says about giving, no pastor can deceive you to do otherwise but we allow our pastors to study the bible and use sweet words to deceive us.

Even the bible isn't what it should be cos different translations different contradictions. So tell me something.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 6:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=DebbyChris post=39812390][/quote]

Yeah I'm not going to church anymore for I have come to realize / a conclusion that Christianity is a thing of the mind.
Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Teophilus96 post=39812680] Not good at all, you are not to forsake the assembly of the brethren. where do u live?
Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Teophilus96 post=39812608]
Different translations are made for easy understanding, they don't contradict each other.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 7:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=DebbyChris post=39813563][/quote]

This tells me you've not made enough research about different translations and contradictions. Now let me shock you; Read Jehovah Witness Bible in John chapter 1vs1.

Normally you would see it this way ;
In the beginning was the word, the word was with God and the word was God.

But in Jehovah's witness Bible you would see it this way;
In the beginning was the word, the word with God and the word was a god.

Now tell me that isn't a ruthless and merciless contradiction.
Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Teophilus96 post=39814446] Please don't ever compare jw bible to the holy bible.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=DebbyChris post=39813563][/quote]

So meaning they aren't Christians right?
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
If you view my topics you would see me stating it boldly that Christians do not serve or worship the same God. I'm not surprised you said I shouldn't compare holy Bible with the jw Bible. OK go and read pastor Chris Bible.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Fadman4real(m): 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
I understand what you saying, I had such problems before I started attending a true bible believing church.

It is painful today that most so called men of God are serving mamon rather than God. They preach for their bellies, please do not let them discourage you, rather pray and let God lead you to the right place to learn the word.

The bible says that if our hope in Christ is things of this world then we are the most miserable. It also says that we can't serve God and mamon for we either serve one or the other if you read the books of the Gospel you would never see where Jesus collected a kobo from anybody. He preached only true gospel and never about collecting money even Paul despite converting thousands to Christ was still making tents to survive.

My brother don't let them turn you to money making venture it is better you leave the church and search for a true bible church. You can PM me so we can search together.
Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Teophilus96:

So meaning they aren't Christians right?
False christians, even among those that claim to believe in Jesus there are false christians.
Re: I Hate These Churches by DebbyChris(f): 7:55pm On Nov 08, 2015
@fadman, in search for a bible believing church u can search for PEACE HOUSE DISCIPLESHIP CLASS around u and fellowship with them, it's not a church just a bible study group.
@teo, if u want heaven i advice u focus on Jesus as you run this race.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
Fadman4real:
I understand what you saying, I had such problems before I started attending a true bible believing church.

It is painful today that most so called men of God are serving mamon rather than God. They preach for their bellies, please do not let them discourage you, rather pray and let God lead you to the right place to learn the word.

The bible says that if our hope in Christ is things of this world then we are the most miserable. It also says that we can't serve God and mamon for we either serve one or the other if you read the books of the Gospel you would never see where Jesus collected a kobo from anybody. He preached only true gospel and never about collecting money even Paul despite converting thousands to Christ was still making tents to survive.

My brother don't let them turn you to money making venture it is better you leave the church and search for a true bible church. You can PM me so we can search together.

You're damn right bro. But believe me the Bible translations is even worse than those pastors
Re: I Hate These Churches by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2015
Teophilus96:

If at all I found myself back in an established church I swear to never give my tithe nor offerrings in that church , but instead, I will locate beggers or any of the motherless homes to help them directly with the little I have , and then my mind would be at peace.

We walk by common sense, we drive by principle and only fly by instruction. Any the vehicle your using determine the class your attending.

Flight instructions are not always pleasing but if you must fly, you have no option
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
DebbyChris:
False christians, even among those that claim to believe in Jesus there are false christians.

Since you call them false Christians, then from their own perspective, they would also tag you as a false Christian. So who am gonna say is the true Christian?
Mind you, you're a Christian today because Christianity came to your land first. And the same goes for the muslims. Bottomline; You've got no fact and no conviction for you to bluntly say they are false Christians or false religions.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
DebbyChris:
@fadman, in search for a bible believing church u can search for PEACE HOUSE DISCIPLESHIP CLASS around u and fellowship with them, it's not a church just a bible study group.

Yeah ofcourse I would always focus on Christ. But all you've heard so far is just the Bitter sweet truth.
Re: I Hate These Churches by Teophilus96(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
soulpeppersoup:

We walk by common sense, we drive by principle and only fly by instruction. Any the vehicle your using determine the class your attending.

Flight instructions are not always pleasing but if you must fly, you have no option

Hmmmmmm
Re: I Hate These Churches by Fadman4real(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Teophilus96:

You're damn right bro. But believe me the Bible translations is even worse than those pastors

Not at all, If you read about Jesus Christ his message is pure and uncut, He warns us against sin and love of money. Jesus Christ message brings us away from the laws of moses which is instant judgement but rather He preaches Love. There are a lot of online messages about christianity that can help us understand the message of the bible.

The bible is totally different from what most of these pastors are preaching, do you know that in the old testament when the christians brought their money to be shared among themselves so that no one would lack. The apostles did not touch the money but designated people to do it, rather focused on preaching the message of christ.

Everything about their churches is recorded, how they choose bishops and pastors, shared food and wine but there is nothing about how they collect tithe and offering. I am not saying you cant pay, if you wish to, but I do not think God would hold it against you particularly if you are giving the money to the poor.
Re: I Hate These Churches by whitecloth: 6:40am On Nov 09, 2015
DebbyChris:

if you don't mind, I wish to know you.
Shalom

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas Greetings from Paul / 15 Annoying Things Nigerian Muslims Are Definitely Tired Of Hearing / Conversation With An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.