Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian (1192 Views)

"I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu / We Failed To Learn From Biafran War — Ekweremadu / Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by honeywealth75(m): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
The former Governor of Delta State, Chief James Onanefe Ibori has called on those using his picture during Biafra protest to cease from using it and that he is a strong believer of united Nigeria where the rights of every citizen is held sacrosanct.
He also stated that the peace that the country enjoyed for forty five years after the civil war should not be broken by residues being dug up by some people to further divide the nation and betray efforts at national reconciliation and development. This he said must not be allowed.
This was made known in a statement signed by Tony Eluemunor, Ibori’s Media Assistant.
The Statement read thus
Chief James Onanefe Ibori’s attention has been drawn to the way and manner his picture has been misused by some people who are involved in street demonstrations to drum up support for the establishment of the state of Biafra.

His photograph, embossed on banners, have been reportedly held aloft by some of the demonstrators, as they marched through several cities in many states of the Southern half of the country.
Ibori wants to make it clear that he is absolutely, completely and entirely committed to the indissolubility of the Nigerian State, as stipulated unambiguously in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He said that all through his life, he has believed in a strong, united Nigeria where the rights of every citizen is held sacrosanct, where no region of state or even Local Government Area, is neglected or is made to feel alienated in whatever way, no matter how infinitesimal.
He therefore calls on those who have been misusing his name and picture – indeed his personality – in furtherance of a project he has never believed in at any time an in any way, to desist forthwith from using his picture and/or name during their demonstrations.
To everyone involved in the Biafran demonstrations in any way, Ibori said: “The world hailed Nigeria for the peaceful way the rather fierce Nigerian Civil War ended in 1970. It is worrisome that 45 clear years after the end of that war, its residues are being dug up to further divide us and betray our efforts at national reconciliation and development. This must not be allowed to continue.
Nigeria has lived in peace in the past 45 years, and whatever challenges, disagreements even, that may have re-surfaced, are not beyond our collective ability to resolve.
I therefore call on all concerned, the demonstrators and the leaders of the different strata of government to identify the problems, determine the solutions, and turn the stumbling blocks into genuine building blocks for real nation building.
Ibori pointed out that many other countries including Canada, the United Kingdom and Spain, have sections agitating for various kinds of autonomy.
But if those countries have managed to keep such agitations at the level of peaceful discussions, Nigeria’s case should by no means lead to another national tragedy. Nigeria has split enough blood in internecine squabbles, he said, now is the time for genuine peace, national unity, and thorough-going, all-inclusive fast-paced development

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/ibori-dissociates-self-from-biafran-agitation-says-hes-committed-nigerian/

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Queennikky(f): 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Are you serious Do you think we need him to succeed

2 Likes

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
Nawa ooo. Bad market for Igbos every where. Make I no talk too much because of my good girl friend. grin

5 Likes

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by benedictnsi(m): 9:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
Who cares
Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by 4reala(m): 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
Queennikky:
succeed 4 wat?
Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by gwales: 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
EternalTruths:

Show us the poster.
I can as well ask you to show me the pix of Nnamdi kunu in DSS custody

2 Likes

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by gwales: 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
Queennikky:
if you don't need him why are you displaying his posters in your ipod protest?

6 Likes

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Bitterleafsoup: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Did he secede from UK prision yet?
Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by EternalTruths: 9:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Who needs him in Biafra.?

After independence will be revolution

Then people like him will be exe...... cool
Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by EternalTruths: 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
gwales:
if you don't need him why are you displaying his posters in your ipod protest?

Show us the poster.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Tolatutu: 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Everyone with sense is dissociating itself from that mess.

2 Likes

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by sobmos(m): 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
When will the ibo people get sense? You can never find a Rich ibo man doing his business "jeje" in Nigeria (His original country) agitate for this so called Biafra. I don't know why the ibo masses are so dumb and ret.arded. You'll would just end up losing your lives like "suya". Don't you learn from history? Even the devil incarnate called ojukwu was too cowardly to take a bullet from the Nigerian Army and just die for what he "believed" in,he was even too cowardly to commit suicide. He has to run with his tail in between his legs like a fowl beaten by the rain,leaving his so called "Biafra citizens" at the mercy of the bullets of the Nigerian army. I know this mumu Kanu,that's agitating for the same thing again in 2015,already has his family/families overseas,calling on the dullard ibo masses( that don't have a kobo to travel out of the country when the war starts) to come fight for Biafra. Its like saying the Comanches,Apaches,and the Red indians in USA to rise against USA for their freedom/independence,its gonna be massacre. I foresee another ibo massacre. I just pity the fools who will stand behind this stvpid Kanu guy. This Biafra Nonsense should be wiped off the mind of the ibo people,because its never gonna happen,not in a billion years. Let's avoid another massacre and starvation/malnutrition again!!! A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Movic1(m): 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Biafrats- Rejecting them every where they go grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by honeywealth75(m): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Tha jobless pa chukwudi go soon cum here cum dey wail.

The people that matters in Igboland, i mean the reals one that can determine the fate of Biafra are already absorbed into d unity of Nigeria, i bet people like Tony Enumelu, Uzor Kalu and the CEO of Diamond bank and the rest of them who av investments in other parts of the region than their homeland will never bliv in Biafra. All i see in these protests are the assemblage of touts and not people who av good idea on how to secede. The world is just laughing at them....
Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by mediachirps(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
By their comments we know them.
Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
I would like to see a picture of the poster if such exists!! Ibori is trying to use this gimmick to warm himself into the heart of the dullard!! Clever move indeed!!

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
chukwudi44:
I would like to see a picture of the poster if such exists!! Ibori is trying to use this gimmick to warm himself into the heart of the dullard!! Clever move indeed!!
...and bad for IPOB jobless people.

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by kettykin: 10:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Thieves supporting one nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Deltagiant: 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
chukwudi44:

That's exactly the case as James Ibori is a common criminal who'll rather bring dishonor to the cause of Biafra

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 09, 2015
Yet you no fit show us those pictures and banners used for protest...

Who even send that man sef.. Smh...

Meanwhile you don turn Mandela wey dey write from prison??

Anyways I don't believe this crap without evidences...

1 Like

Re: Ibori Dissociates Self From Biafran Agitation, Says He’s Committed Nigerian by Nobody: 12:49am On Nov 09, 2015
honeywealth75:
Tha jobless pa chukwudi go soon cum here cum dey wail.

The people that matters in Igboland, i mean the reals one that can determine the fate of Biafra are already absorbed into d unity of Nigeria, i bet people like Tony Enumelu, Uzor Kalu and the CEO of Diamond bank and the rest of them who av investments in other parts of the region than their homeland will never bliv in Biafra. All i see in these protests are the assemblage of touts and not people who av good idea on how to secede. The world is just laughing at them....

dejavski:
Am ilaje and I support BIAFRA... though in a peaceful manner.
I have come to realise that most yorubas are really scared of secession but they won't admit it

Quote me anywhere
mankand:
Guts comes with glory. One thing I like about Nnamdi Kanu is that he is very articulate and organised.

He knows how to organise his people around his dream, he can be the next Che in Africa because he is fighting a just cause but due to the mainstream media propaganda, a lot of people won't see and agree to this.

He have been able to gather the support of the igbo people worldwide both indigenous, in diaspora and those whose ancestors were taken to slave in Europe, America and Latin America which have now become a force to recon with.

Unfortunately my people yorubas are still under the chain of mental slavery donating their hard earned money to fake men called pastors instead of donating their money to organise themselves to build another oduduwa nation. We also have the same capacity to do the same as IPOB but we won't.

We also have yorubas all over Latin America, Europe, and other parts of the world.

I wish IPOB success in their quest because with their success, it becomes a motivation for other regions in Africa to do the same
tunjion:
The truth is we yorubas should stop opening thread to speak for south south minority. 

Biafra from wat i read is not by force. Igbos in Edo such as the igbanke and Ika are Biafrans without doubt.

Other Edo ethnic group might even be rejected by Biafra. Some will end up applying to join.

Sentiment aside, they might feel Hausa and Yoruba will dominate them if they remain in Nigeria
ceaz4r:

The phobia you and your lots have for the Igbos have become so obvious is now a sour to the eyes. 
Whether your concern for the vaibility of the Biafran state when it comes is genuine or faulse, it doesn't scratch us one bit. In fact, we don't and won't notice. 
Stay in your enclave there and watch. 

* one advice for you, buy a carton of panadol extra and desolve the madicine in a basin of water to form syrup,  also buy a straw. When the pounding headache from thinking about Biafra gets too unbearable, you sip some of the syrup.  You will need it. 

(1) (Reply)

Man murdered by Fulani herdsmen in Egede, Enugu State: Graphic pic(Warning) / Elderly Couple Die While Having Sex In Hotel After Husband Has Heart Attack.... / Pipeline Fire In Warri. Pictures!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.