Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Biafrans And Nigerians Am Just Thinking - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafrans And Nigerians Am Just Thinking (676 Views)

Biafrans And Shi'ites Protesting At Anti-corruption Summit, London (Photos) / Letter From Nnamdi Kanu To Biafrans And To The World. / Wike's Tweet After The Cancellation And Nigerians' Mixed Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafrans And Nigerians Am Just Thinking by maxdozie(m): 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
SOME INTELIGENT PEOPLE SAY ‪#‎NNAMDI_KANU‬ IS ‪#‎BRAIN_WASHING‬ ‪#‎BIAFRANS‬ TO AGITATE FOR THEIR RIGHTS AND ‪#‎FREEDOM‬. NOW MY QUESTION IS; ALL THESE NIGERIAN OLD POLITICIANS THAT EMTY THEIR LIVES WITH PROMISES DURING CAMPAIGN AND KNOWING THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO FUFILL ANYONE, SO WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT I GUESS ‪#‎BRAIN_DRYCLEANING‬ OR ‪#‎BRAIN_MENTAINANCE‬... (just reasoning)

2 Likes

Re: Biafrans And Nigerians Am Just Thinking by speedyGonzales: 12:16am On Nov 09, 2015
you right! we are brainwashed by OBJ and crew for years, but people never see that as brainwashing! we keep supporting then even when the fail us!
Re: Biafrans And Nigerians Am Just Thinking by obailala(m): 12:23am On Nov 09, 2015
maxdozie:
SOME INTELIGENT PEOPLE SAY ‪#‎NNAMDI_KANU‬ IS ‪#‎BRAIN_WASHING‬ ‪#‎BIAFRANS‬ TO AGITATE FOR THEIR RIGHTS AND ‪#‎FREEDOM‬. NOW MY QUESTION IS; ALL THESE NIGERIAN OLD POLITICIANS THAT EMTY THEIR LIVES WITH PROMISES DURING CAMPAIGN AND KNOWING THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO FUFILL ANYONE, SO WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT I GUESS ‪#‎BRAIN_DRYCLEANING‬ OR ‪#‎BRAIN_MENTAINANCE‬... (just reasoning)
Are Igbo leaders not a part of the 'Nigerian old politicians' you talk about?....

Since 1960 till date, when has there ever been a demonstration by Igbo youths against the greedy, inept Igbo leaders that have ruined us for decades?

Is it a crime to first of all clamour for better leadership in the SE before we start going to attack other tribes at the federal level?

If there are as many bad leaders in the SE of Nigeria, what on earth makes all you rampaging youths to think that a change of name from Nigeria to Biafra will automatically solve this more pressing issue of bad leadership at the local scene?.... How can people be so easily brainwashed to believe such fairy tales?
Re: Biafrans And Nigerians Am Just Thinking by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 09, 2015
obailala:
Are Igbo leaders not a part of the 'Nigerian old politicians' you talk about?....

Since 1960 till date, when has there ever been a demonstration by Igbo youths against the greedy, inept Igbo leaders that have ruined us for decades?

Is it a crime to first of all clamour for better leadership in the SE before we start going to attack other tribes at the federal level?

If there are as many bad leaders in the SE of Nigeria, what on earth makes all you rampaging youths to think that a change of name from Nigeria to Biafra will automatically solve this more pressing issue of bad leadership at the local scene?.... How can people be so easily brainwashed to believe such fairy tales?

Father Mbaka to 'One Nigeria' Igbo Proponents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTF4Unrot0A
"If Nigeria cannot be 'One Nigeria' let us divide...If it divides some Igbo people will like to be Hausa. Of course, you know that...
So everyone should go to where he wants to go to.
There are some Igbo people who don't have a hut in their father's land but have 10 storey buildings in Lagos and Abuja.
Have you seen an Hausa man with upstairs in Igboland...even a hut?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle. 

Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri. 
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c. 

The yoruba friend replied: you can't be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don't you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
Re: Biafrans And Nigerians Am Just Thinking by obailala(m): 1:13am On Nov 09, 2015
xtrorse:

Father Mbaka to 'One Nigeria' Igbo Proponents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTF4Unrot0A
"If Nigeria cannot be 'One Nigeria' let us divide...If it divides some Igbo people will like to be Hausa. Of course, you know that...
So everyone should go to where he wants to go to.
There are some Igbo people who don't have a hut in their father's land but have 10 storey buildings in Lagos and Abuja.
Have you seen an Hausa man with upstairs in Igboland...even a hut?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A yoruba friend ask me: under what conditions would you support One Nigeria and let go of the Biafra struggle. 

Here was my response:

1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri. 
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports...only local or minimal connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights...direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC,e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6. If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented, we can try one Nigeria and let's see if you Hausas and Yorubas will like it for a month. Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, e.t.c. 

The yoruba friend replied: you can't be serious, this is wickedness. I said really? Don't you think Biafrans have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs? He was quiet for a few seconds and said: wow, you are right but it never occurred to me. I said, that's the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
You did not bother to answer any of my questions, not a single Biafran proponent has been able to answer these questions. It goes a long way to expose the limits of our reasoning capacity.

Now regarding your questions, Abuja is the FCT, Lagos was the FCT and Lagos is currently the commercial capital of Nigeria and that is why you have those facilities/offices/embassies in these towns. Most countries in the world have both administrative capitals and commercial capitals; Nigeria is not an exception. Now if I get you right, you want the FCT to be rotated to the SE, else the SE will break away?... if that request is granted, when will it be rotated to the SS or even NE or NW?

(1) (Reply)

Iwoland Gets A New King / See What A Nigerian-biafran Sent On BBM Today / Caption This Photo Of Fashola & APC Chairman John Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.