Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,585 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard (33532 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Sacked As IPOB Leader. Accused Of Betraying d Struggle-Vanguard / Northern Governors Meet Over Pro-Biafra Protest - Vanguard / Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by coolzeal(m): 10:15am On Nov 09, 2015
kannymoore:

Read that part clearly and understand.

The key phrase there is "increasing radicalization"

This means that when they stared out, they weren't as radical as they are now but it's radicalization grew over time.

Is it any different from what I just put through before?

Now check the other eboldened paragraph..

Substitute Igbo with Bokoharam...

Any difference in ideology?

I think not.

HISTORY OF MASSACRE
Kano 1945 - Over 200 killed
Jos 1953 - over 150 killed
1966 - over 50, 000 killed
1967-70 - over 3.5, 000,0000 killed
Jos in 1945,
Kano genocide 1953
1966 Massacres (40,000 Igbo Christians)
1967-1970 over 3.5million Igbos lost their lives fighting for liberation.
Kano 1980 - over 1000 Igbos were killed
Maiduguiri 1982 - 1983 over 500 Igbos were killed
In 1984-1991 more than 1500 Igbos where killed.
THE ENMITY AGAINST NDIGBO IS DEEPLY SEATED IN THE HEART OF HAUSA/FULANIS OF NIGERIA
It is imperative to correct false propaganda making rounds in an attempt by every successive government in Nigeria to cover up this genocide. In 1953, when Independence loomed, Ahmadu Bello, the founder of Gamji said: "We cannot fight to dispense of white masters only to be ruled by new black masters called Ibo. Even here in the North, they run the post offices, railways, civil service and they have taken up all the shops we create. Call them Ibo, but you can also call them Zionists, but we shall not relinquish the estate of our fathers to such wretched people who have never had an administration before." Source: 1968: the year that shook the world, by Walter Schultz.

In addition, whatever happened to the Igbos in the past should come back in thousands fold to you since they're no injustice against us. Can i get an Amen to that?..

2 Likes

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by kceewhyte(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2015
Nawao this is getting serious!!!!!
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by coolzeal(m): 10:19am On Nov 09, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

My friend, keep quiet and go back to the romance /sexuality section, for you knew nothing about self determination.
Who doesn't like s*ex.. Besides am not gay.... Are you?
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by PointB: 10:24am On Nov 09, 2015
asha80:
and you want mind igboland turning to Syria with Igbo refugees moving around neighbouring Africa countries looking for asylum? I.hope you know some of the erosion issues in the se were cause by bombs that were dropped in the war back then that created craters than eventually snowballed into erosion? Look my own is that igboland does not witness any armed conflict again because i doubt we will recover from it again..there are already dearth of infrastructure that really needs uplifting and it is not like the last administration did anything meaningful

Armed conflict is only romantic in books and films

Nigeria will not survive an armed conflict either, especially if Biafran war planner have the foresight to declare as enemy those who willing habour and allow Nigeria army pass into her territory. The refugee crisis that will be generated by such war will not be limited to Biafran alone. It's better to avoid war by listening to the cries for freedom, but to say we shouldn't agitate for freedom for Biafra is to be oblivious to the yearning of Biafran; it is to say we should die in fear of the unknown in the face of oppression.

Sorry but we are not coward, and again, all men must die!

4 Likes

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by Okudiover(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2015
have said it before and I will repeat it again, any secession, even freely granted to the South East without the South South is an 'exercise in futility'. And I am not referring to their oil. No land-locked Country is even among the most developed nations on earth, ask Mauritania, Mali, Swatziland or even Ethiopia. Without the permission of your immediate neighbours there would be no access to the sea nor international airspace. No Country survives without trade, I have not seen anything that suggests that even in a referendum that the South-South would vote to leave Nigeria to be with the Igbos who unlike themselves are one ethnic group with intimidating credentials no matter the direction of the Igbos vote in 2011 and 2015 as regards an Ijaw man. We are industrious Yes! But that Industry can only be complemented by access to markets outside the South East (globally). Eighty percent of our businesses strive from importing/exporting to markets outside our region. In the event of a "Biafra" without the South South coast lines the cost of doing business will be higher, for those of us living in the "new Nigeria" we may be forced to pay residency permits. We have businesses and properties that may face higher taxes or even nationalized.Of course given our history of how we treat ourselves I can imagine that in our even more helpless condition (land locked republic) it would be dog eat dog. I say this because when the justle for power starts we might end up with another Fidel Castro in our hands who might take away our freedoms all too rapidly. Look at the way Biafran agitators threaten anybody who is not in suport of the agitation or at best neutral and imagine how it would be when they hold power. History repeats itself continually, look at our autonomous communities and how it has only achieved more division and less coordination in achieving a people's broader objectives. Even in the bible Samuel warned the Israelites against their agitation to have a king instead of judges but that warning fell on deaf ears. The summary of all said is that Igbos have not forged a common front nor seriously sought the consent of the broader southern minorities regarding this agitation. I think these are the first steps that are vital, any other approach (including the prevailing one) is simply put suicidal. tongue

1 Like

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by soldierdollar(m): 10:28am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:

Give it 3weeks, your noisemaking won't yield any result. You lots don't strategize. You think it's by making noise alone? You wonder why boko haram does not have its arewa or sharia republic?

Please come and teach us how to strategize .

Bufoon
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:28am On Nov 09, 2015
coolzeal:
Who doesn't like s*ex.. Besides am not gay.... Are you?

Everyone loves it (sex), both males and females.

You spent most of your nairaland time in the romance section.
You got no clue about self determination.

.... I am no gay....
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by PointB: 10:30am On Nov 09, 2015
EternalTruths:

To further buttress your point

The Nigeria government is suffering victory disease

Victory disease is when a Nation allows her last victory deceive her into believing that she will always win

Biafrans have 2 sources of funding war

1) Her Resources

2) Her Diasporas

Biafra of 67 is different from Biafra of 2015

Unlike 67 were lots of minorities hate Igbos 2015 has seen the minorities take side with Biafrans. cool

Thank you my brother.

That's why we must not panic, or cower in the face of threats.

This is 21st century, the dynamics have change completely, armed conflicts can be sustained for far longer, and it usually more destructive. Nigeria would be wise to talk now, rather than fight later.

As for we Biafrans, "what is dead may never die!"

2 Likes

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by soldierdollar(m): 10:31am On Nov 09, 2015
handie:
Jobless and misguided elements. After una don protest finish ehn, una go go siddon. Truth is, ya'll just making noise. Nobody is looking or taking u serious. Want the government to take u serious? How about u blow up d Niger bridge, Sack a police station, or attack federal government installations in the East. If u really want Biafra, take d first shot and u'll see d might of the federal republic of Nigeria.
P.S: I ain't a tribalist nor am I against Biafra but tha truth is this ain't the way to go about it. If u really love the east, you'll come together and demand for ur share of our commonwealth not by threatening secession and letting some fellow bombard u with propaganda... Our problem in the south is we ain't united. Why can't we always have a united southern front as the northerners? Or u think they also don't have different tribes there?

When round table discussion and negotiation fails , Biafrans should keep mute.

An advice from a Yolloba blood . stinks of hate
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by coolzeal(m): 10:34am On Nov 09, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Everyone loves it (sex), both males and females.

You spent most of your nairaland time in the romance section.
You got no clue about self determination.

.... I am no gay....
You have no right to suggest how i live my life or what i say besides, this is a public forum. I love my freedom and that's why i stand for the Biafran course. Pls concentrate on the topic or back off and stop stalking me.
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by EternalTruths: 10:38am On Nov 09, 2015
PointB:

Thank you my brother.

That's why we must not panic, or cower in the face of threats.

This is 21st century, the dynamics have change completely, armed conflicts can be sustained for far longer, and it usually more destructive. Nigeria would be wise to talk now, rather than fight later.

As for we Biafrans, "what is dead may never die!"

Now that Kanu has called for weapons, I know that Igbo brightest minds are thinking of new weapons capable of destroying Nigeria cool

That KANU sharp die

His call for arms will see Biafrans thinking hard. cool

1 Like

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by EternalTruths: 10:41am On Nov 09, 2015
Okudiover:
have said it before and I will repeat it again, any secession, even freely granted to the South East without the South South is an 'exercise in futility'. And I am not referring to their oil. No land-locked Country is even among the most developed nations on earth, ask Mauritania, Mali, Swatziland or even Ethiopia. Without the permission of your immediate neighbours there would be no access to the sea nor international airspace. No Country survives without trade, I have not seen anything that suggests that even in a referendum that the South-South would vote to leave Nigeria to be with the Igbos who unlike themselves are one ethnic group with intimidating credentials no matter the direction of the Igbos vote in 2011 and 2015 as regards an Ijaw man. We are industrious Yes! But that Industry can only be complemented by access to markets outside the South East (globally). Eighty percent of our businesses strive from importing/exporting to markets outside our region. In the event of a "Biafra" without the South South coast lines the cost of doing business will be higher, for those of us living in the "new Nigeria" we may be forced to pay residency permits. We have businesses and properties that may face higher taxes or even nationalized.Of course given our history of how we treat ourselves I can imagine that in our even more helpless condition (land locked republic) it would be dog eat dog. I say this because when the justle for power starts we might end up with another Fidel Castro in our hands who might take away our freedoms all too rapidly. Look at the way Biafran agitators threaten anybody who is not in suport of the agitation or at best neutral and imagine how it would be when they hold power. History repeats itself continually, look at our autonomous communities and how it has only achieved more division and less coordination in achieving a people's broader objectives. Even in the bible Samuel warned the Israelites against their agitation to have a king instead of judges but that warning fell on deaf ears. The summary of all said is that Igbos have not forged a common front nor seriously sought the consent of the broader southern minorities regarding this agitation. I think these are the first steps that are vital, any other approach (including the prevailing one) is simply put suicidal. tongue

Poor education

Check Switzerland cool
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by JustOzito(f): 10:47am On Nov 09, 2015
coolzeal:

Source - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/s-east-govs-divided-over-pro-biafra-struggle/
Ok. Okoroawusa a butterfly thinking himself a bird.

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by kingthreat(m): 10:49am On Nov 09, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
Rochas wants to be PRESIDENT in 2019.That's why he is talking that way.

While you want to be a Biafran. a dream that will never actualize grin grin grin
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by str8talk1: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
Rochas wants to be PRESIDENT in 2019.That's why he is talking that way.
who gò dash am?
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by persius555(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2015
The last quote "IPOB is different from MASSOB". These are signs of disunity playing itself out.

Self determination has consequences. It could be rosy and it could be the other way round.
Donestk region of ukraine voted to be part of the new ukraine state after the soviet union break up in the early 90s. Today, twenty five years after, they are fighting the ukraine govt for seperation to become part of the russian nation owing to unequal sharing of power and economic ties.

South sudan is another case. The scots know this and voted to remain one with the UK last year.

Self determination in the 20th century is not the same as the 19th century. The human reasoning and thirst for power in the midst of dwindling resources has a way of bringing disunity and disloyalty.
Let the SE take all these into consideration. Wishing the agitators best of luck.

1 Like

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by coolzeal(m): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2015
JustOzito:

Ok. Okoroawusa a butterfly thinking himself a bird.
Jajajaja.. Nne oma.. Kedu? Okoroawusa.. The pregnant man.
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by abeggnow: 11:02am On Nov 09, 2015
is it not funny that people who have never witnessed violence,hunger and misery always clamour for war.but then when the war comes they run.they say they want biafra and yet they want to enjoy the benefits of being a Nigerian.
LONG LIVE ONE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by nduchucks: 11:11am On Nov 09, 2015
Embattled Gov. Wike is using dumb and unemployed Igbo youths residents in Rivers state to ferment trouble in an already failed attempt to remain in office. The remaining sponsors and treasonous criminals will be identified and dealt with shortly.

Sadly most of the ill informed youths have no idea what war is all about.
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 09, 2015
That Asaba man is on his own oh,SOUTH-SOUTH IS NOT A PART OF BIAFRA!!!!!!! Easterners should look for another people to deceive,this is 2015 and not 1967-1970. Asaba is still nursing its injuries and mourning its loss since 1967. Arrant nonsense!
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by Laid2001: 11:38am On Nov 09, 2015
Dear biafrans I support ur struggle 100% but my problem is ur approach. I would want to suggest the following procedures and I can assure u its going to work out successfully. If u can unite and follow the following steps then I can tell you, welcome to the Republic of Biafra in advance.
STEP 1
Withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians useless, as u are the backbone of the country
STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders in this "ZOO" e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.
STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. U re very industrious people u will be better off without it, especially after you have done steps 1-3.
STEP 5
Stop all form of importations through the Nigerian sea ports, so that Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax. You can not continue to spoon-feed your enemy with your fund!!!
STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to relocate home, untill this fight is over, then Nigeria can beg them to come back as expatriates, since they are the most industrious people Nigeria can get!.
STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main market, and every other market even in the remote villages accross the country. This will nail home your importance and make Nigerians to go on their knees begging for mercy.!
STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge, Stop all Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
STEP 9
Institute visa for Biafra and Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians. They are lazy fools, they have nothing to contribute to Biafra.
STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence. Just like south Sudan. Finally, make sure u dont fight it with weapons. Go on peaceful nonviolent voluntary secession.

NO BE BY FORCE

Igbo kwenu!!! hee!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by kannymoore(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2015
coolzeal:
HISTORY OF MASSACRE
Kano 1945 - Over 200 killed
Jos 1953 - over 150 killed
1966 - over 50, 000 killed
1967-70 - over 3.5, 000,0000 killed
Jos in 1945,
Kano genocide 1953
1966 Massacres (40,000 Igbo Christians)
1967-1970 over 3.5million Igbos lost their lives fighting for liberation.
Kano 1980 - over 1000 Igbos were killed
Maiduguiri 1982 - 1983 over 500 Igbos were killed
In 1984-1991 more than 1500 Igbos where killed.
THE ENMITY AGAINST NDIGBO IS DEEPLY SEATED IN THE HEART OF HAUSA/FULANIS OF NIGERIA
It is imperative to correct false propaganda making rounds in an attempt by every successive government in Nigeria to cover up this genocide. In 1953, when Independence loomed, Ahmadu Bello, the founder of Gamji said: "We cannot fight to dispense of white masters only to be ruled by new black masters called Ibo. Even here in the North, they run the post offices, railways, civil service and they have taken up all the shops we create. Call them Ibo, but you can also call them Zionists, but we shall not relinquish the estate of our fathers to such wretched people who have never had an administration before." Source: 1968: the year that shook the world, by Walter Schultz.

In addition, whatever happened to the Igbos in the past should come back in thousands fold to you since they're no injustice against us. Can i get an Amen to that?..

And what has this long epistle got to-do with the discussion @ hand?

Is the effects or origins of Boko haram mentioned anywhere in your data analysis?

Are Igbos the only victims of these conflics?

Are other minorities who have been victimized by these conflicts any less Nigerian than you are?

If no, then why the endless gnashing of teeth?

Mahn...

I'm done with this discussion.

Enjoy your life.

Good day.
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 09, 2015
You will think south east is not backward enough. Now they want to go back another 100 years.

Good luck to you
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by jkross(m): 11:50am On Nov 09, 2015
The only leader I knew was Ikemba Nnewi who is Namdi. Kalu?
IPOB,Massob can not represent the entire Igbo nation and as a matter of fact they don't
The FG should just release the dude,I hear he has Uk citizenship..strip him of Nigerian citizenship and impose a visa ban on him at all Nigerian embassy abroad
Then look inward and try to fix the mess that led to this agitation in the first place..Its never too late to implement the Aburi accord....I believe the sovereign national conference report if implemented will go a long way to start a true healing process
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2015
Laid2001:
Dear biafrans I support ur struggle 100% but my problem is ur approach. I would want to suggest the following procedures and I can assure u its going to work out successfully. If u can unite and follow the following steps then I can tell you, welcome to the Republic of Biafra in advance.
STEP 1
Withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians useless, as u are the backbone of the country
STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders in this "ZOO" e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C
STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.
STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. U re very industrious people u will be better off without it, especially after you have done steps 1-3.
STEP 5
Stop all form of importations through the Nigerian sea ports, so that Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax. You can not continue to spoon-feed your enemy with your fund!!!
STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to relocate home, untill this fight is over, then Nigeria can beg them to come back as expatriates, since they are the most industrious people Nigeria can get!.
STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main market, and every other market even in the remote villages accross the country. This will nail home your importance and make Nigerians to go on their knees begging for mercy.!
STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge, Stop all Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.
STEP 9
Institute visa for Biafra and Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians. They are lazy fools, they have nothing to contribute to Biafra.
STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence. Just like south Sudan. Finally, make sure u dont fight it with weapons. Go on peaceful nonviolent voluntary secession.

NO BE BY FORCE

Igbo kwenu!!! hee!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just like South Sudan indeed.

Nobody wants to live in South Sudan today. Their independence celebration did not last a day before war started. I dont see how biafra will be different.
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by JustOzito(f): 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
coolzeal:
Jajajaja.. Nne oma.. Kedu? Okoroawusa.. The pregnant man.
Nwa nne adim mma
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by MyMentor: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
A message 2 Okoroch and all Politician dat wil openly denied dia support 2 Biafra:
Oga politicians, since ur political carrier depends on ur ppl's vote and support, u hv also publicly told dem 2 witdraw dia support.
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by AkwaIbomrep1: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2015
Igbo governors are all neutral except this hausa man rochas okorausa, he's expecting to become the next president of the nigeria,Hahahahahaha, I laugh in ibibio, s/east & s/south should forget about presidency , Jonathan's own was accidental following the death of yaradua, Jonathan worked with fear because of being minority , he was intimidated to the extent some ppl sworn to make the country ungovernable if he refused to step down , now tell me what type of country is that , hmmm , Abasi adiong Biafra my land #VisitAkwaibom

4 Likes

Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
AkwaIbomrep1:
Igbo governors are all neutral except this hausa man rochas okorausa, he's expecting to become the next president of the nigeria,Hahahahahaha, I laugh in ibibio, s/east & s/south should forget about presidency , Jonathan's own was accidental following the death of yaradua, Jonathan worked with fear because of being minority , he was intimidated to the extent some ppl sworn to make the country ungovernable if he refused to step down , now tell me what type of country is that , hmmm , Abasi adiong Biafra my land #VisitAkwaibom

grin grin grin grin grin
Dream on - I learnt Biafra's street are paved with gold grin grin grin grin grin

Only that it exist in the imagination of men
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by essa9davies4(f): 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
This eastern leaders are very corrupt as well as oda leaders#they are selfish dats y they don't wnt biafra so dat they won't be at loss#but its too late#cos d heart of d pple has been made up#God bless biafra, God bless IPOB
Re: S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard by kernel501: 1:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:
Before nko? Igbos are not united.
They are not untied,yet they voted 95% in favour of Jonathan. The protest is forced on them, brown-roof demons always begging for bailout.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aminat Titi Abubakar Defrauded Of N918m By Nsikakabasi Akpan Jacobs / Photos Of Godswill Akpabio At Calabar Carnival / Aso Villa News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.