Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,791 members, 7,831,558 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) (55879 Views)

Wicked: Gov. Udom Pays Thugs To Dig Potholes On Roads Constructed By Nsima Nddc / Kidnappers Dig Up Grave In Kaduna, Steal Parts From Exhumed Body / Funny , Advice, And Evreryday Experiences Lets Dig It Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by j4sure(m): 11:46am On Nov 09, 2015
Wow.
menabadoo:
Look at coal from a well that was dug in enugu. I'm seeing this for the first time
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by SmartMugu: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2015
asha80:
solid mineral resources are on exclusive list of fg
I'm just learning that today. That's some weird laws.
Even developed countries dont operate like that. The states should be able tl tap into their own resources, ofcourse with an agreement to return a quota to the federal govenment. Not wait till the federal government has the time and resources to come and tap into what the state government sees everyday.
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by asha80(m): 11:57am On Nov 09, 2015
SmartMugu:

I'm just learning that today. That's some weird laws.
Even developed countries dont operate like that. The states should be able tl tap into their own resources, ofcourse with an agreement to return a quota to the federal govenment. Not wait till the federal government has the time and resources to come and tap into what the state government sees everyday.
that is one of those issues with the Nigerian state that people have problem with...bitumen is in ondo in commercial quantities but it is not been tapped unless FG says so or when it is ready

1 Like

Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by mazi85(m): 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yea!everybody seem 2 be hailing when the resources itself is angry because it's not been utilised...afo'anu[color=#990000][/color]
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by Orikinla(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
And what have they done and achieved with the coal? Having brains is one thing and knowing how to use the brains is another thing.
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by koning: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Sir Emeka Offor has declared an interest to tap the coal for his Electricity company, but the FGN is still dragging their feet with the issuance of a license.

I think that Igbo billionaires should take the bull by the horn and not wait on anybody. Before you it they will bring in the Chinese or Indians. The structures are there already at Iva Valley.
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by GodMode: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
nduchucks:

The point is there is not much room for Enugu's coal in international markets. The countries you mentioned are moving away from coal for electricity generation because of devastating and cancer causing air polution.

Coal companies are sited far away from residential areas.. Those countries are not Nigeria where anyone can buy land anywhere and build...

If there is no market internationally then there is market locally and they can sell electricity to cameroon and other African countries...

FG is holding back a lot of states that have abundant natural resources..

1 Like

Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by nduchucks: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
GodMode:

Coal companies are sited far away from residential areas.. Those countries are not Nigeria where anyone can buy land anywhere and build...

If there is no market internationally then there is market locally and they can sell electricity to cameroon and other African countries...

FG is holding back a lot of states that have abundant natural resources..

Advocating the use of coal for the generation of electricity in Nigeria is the heights of foolishness. Gas fired plants is the way to go, my brother.
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by bugzbunny: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
tuoyoojo:
ok
its a well known truth that Nigeria is blessed with mineral resources but its just said that our leaders and their over dependency on a particular mineral is the bane of our problem

if countries like Switzerland without any more mineral resource can develop their country to the level it is , i don't see any reason why we should be poor

make this oil do finish sef so that we would look inwards
I concur....oil has made our leaders lazy
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by Adesiji77: 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
nikkiking:
I hoped they know say na coal be that.

Make them no mistake am to potopoto shocked

grin grin
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by 900warriorz: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
That's why it is called 'Coal City State'

FTC
Chocolate cream

angry no be only chocolate cream! Na vanilla cream you go see! Carry person FTC dey use am shine...
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by wiseoneking: 12:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
WisdomCanada:
Wow, untapped mineral resource, yet those children of hate from that particular said Biafra wana depend on ss oil? Ndi iberibe na amaghi left or right ha.

God bless Biafra.
SE got oil in all their states . Na God.
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by 900warriorz: 12:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
iamsodium:
Na so una get coal reach ni?
Damn d state is so blessed unlike lagos state tongue

#TEAMNAIRALANDSCIENCE

angry some people just be coming to nairaland to say thingz they dont know! Does enugu have fish? Ilaje people in lagos alone can feed the whole fish eating enuguz for a whole year!
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by chocolateme(f): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
900warriorz:

angry no be only chocolate cream! Na vanilla cream you go see! Carry person FTC dey use am shine...
i chop your FTC?
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by topazjosh(m): 12:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
WisdomCanada:
Wow, untapped mineral resource, yet those children of hate from that particular said Biafra wana depend on ss oil? Ndi iberibe na amaghi left or right ha.

God bless Biafra.
You need to come to ondo too,whenever it rains,bitumen pop out
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by GodMode: 12:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
nduchucks:

Advocating the use of coal for the generation of electricity in Nigeria is the heights of foolishness. Gas fired plants is the way to go, my brother.

Typical Nigerian mentality...

Gas plants is one method.. Coal plants will make it two methods.. Hydro plants will make it 3.. Solar and wind plants will make it 5..

A sensible country will have more than one method to generate electricity..

When the country gets enough money from what it has.. It can start considering other options..

6 Likes

Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by 900warriorz: 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
i chop your FTC?
you no only chop am, you swallow am join! sad
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by 900warriorz: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
i chop your FTC?
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by chocolateme(f): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2015
900warriorz:

i am so sorry pls
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by 900warriorz: 12:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
i am so sorry pls

how can i make FTC? Itz been making me depressed for sometime! Is it that you are alwayz on nairaland or you dont have other thingz doing thatz why you alwayz make FTC?
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by 900warriorz: 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
i am so sorry pls

how can i make FTC!? Itz been making me depressed for sometime! Teach me....or iz it that you dont have any other thing doing than stay online to make FTC?
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by chocolateme(f): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
900warriorz:

how can i make FTC? Itz been making me depressed for sometime! Is it that you are alwayz on nairaland or you dont have other thingz doing thatz why you alwayz make FTC?
nope. U can be very busy and still be in nairaland. Even a minute in the rest room is enough but most importantly, analyze the thread u wanna comment on before posting.
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by NovusHomo(m): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
iamsodium:
Na so una get coal reach ni?
Damn d state is so blessed unlike lagos state tongue

#TEAMNAIRALANDSCIENCE

Who uses coal anymore? It is categorized as "dirty fuel".
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by operandus(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Where are all the ibo businessmen to revive the delapidated mines? Life is not all about drug trafficking and Malaysia.

What a waste.
Natural resources solely belongs to the federal government not states or individuals bro,datz d law of NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by AhmedInusa: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
#Amadioha
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by nduchucks: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
GodMode:

Typical Nigerian mentality...

Gas plants is one method.. Coal plants will make it two methods.. Hydro plants will make it 3.. Solar and wind plants will make it 5..

A sensible country will have more than one method to generate electricity..

When the country gets enough money from what it has.. It can start considering other options..

I'd rather exhaust the option of gas and hydro before introducing another polluting and cancer causing method to a region already ravaged by erosion and other man made pollution.
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by simplisity(m): 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
ELTON123:
Coal city state 042 ebe'm si abi'a
Idi Sharp!
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by QuotaSystem: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
operandus:
Natural resources solely belongs to the federal government not states or individuals bro,datz d law of NIGERIA

Ever heard of Build, Operate and Transfer agreements?
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by heatflux: 2:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
menabadoo:
Look at coal from a well that was dug in enugu. I'm seeing this for the first time
you should understand that those places were not meant to be residential. Its very dangerous to live in those areas. Some people have even built houses on abandoned coal mines without knowing. Both the state government and the people of the state should be blamed for this. This is why Enugu coal is "technically" not available for commercial purposes as no company is willing to de flood the underground mines because is really capital intensive. The best solution is for FG to drive people away from such areas, but I trust the people affected would not take it well and would definitely resist any govt action
Re: When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) by alaskido(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
They have forgotten the Coal and are now chasing oil money. One day Oil will finish and I will see what Nigeria will depend on. Maybe by then the Northerners will cry for their own country. Then we will tell them you are going nowhere. Let us salvage the country together, good or bad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Big Python Killed After Swallowing A Goat In Port Harcourt (Photos) / This Is Actually A Coffin (pics). / Is This A Man Or A Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.