Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,699 members, 7,844,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles (1156 Views)

10 Interesting Images In The History Of Automobiles / German Vs Japanese Automobiles. / A Cross-Section of Made In Nigeria Automobiles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by Morganaliticus: 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Following the emergence of self driving cars, I am foreseeing a disturbing future (for me at least). Owing to the fact that I love driving not just as a necessity, but as a hobby. Fast forward 20 to 30 years from now, automobiles would have been totally automated taking away the driving from driver, I know it has its advantages... Ranging from reduced road accidents, to easy vehicle tracking etc... But then for peeps like me who just love driving, I really don't want to live in such a society... What do you think?
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by mayor2013: 2:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
Morganaliticus:
Following the emergence of self driving cars, I am foreseeing a disturbing future (for me at least). Owing to the fact that I love driving not just as a necessity, but as a hobby. Fast forward 20 to 30 years from now, automobiles would have been totally automated taking away the driving from driver, I know it has its advantages... Ranging from reduced road accidents, to easy vehicle tracking etc... But then for peeps like me who just love driving, I really don't want to live in such a society... What do you think?

Kazeems would be reduced as they themselves might get to improve. I would love to see funny trial by errors on this self driven cars

1 Like

Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by honmusa(m): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
mayor2013:

Kazeems would be reduced as they themselves might get to improve. I would love to see funny trial by errors on this self driven cars
i can bet u that Kazeem will not exist again because it is the only intelligent computer geeks that can work on cars by then . cool cool

1 Like

Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by Morganaliticus: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
honmusa:

i can bet u that Kazeem will not exist again because it is the only intelligent computer geeks that can work on cars by then . cool cool

Lol, no more trial and error. Kazeem goes extinct
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by peterjero(m): 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
I'm already vexed with today's Automobiles, automatic transmission everywhere, u can't see full option with manual transmission.

1 Like

Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by mayor2013: 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
peterjero:
I'm already vexed with today's Automobiles, automatic transmission everywhere, u can't see full option with manual transmission.

I disagree. Each country's preference differs from one transmission type to another. Through out my training days over seas I never for once saw an automatic transmission. Was all manual transmission all through
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by peterjero(m): 9:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
mayor2013:

I disagree. Each country's preference differs from one transmission type to another. Through out my training days over seas I never for once saw an automatic transmission. Was all manual transmission all through
Europe I guess, but there isn't any range rover sport with manual transmission or a Bentley mulsanne etc
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by inze(m): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
peterjero:

Europe I guess, but there isn't any range rover sport with manual transmission or a Bentley mulsanne etc

. . . upscale luxury vehicles like the above don't come with such transmission. Some of the peeps that can afford them have little or no knowledge of a stick-shift
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by abatically(m): 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
peterjero:

Why do u need manual transmission on a luxury vehicle? Mercedes Benz s class or maybach never come with manual transmission.
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by abatically(m): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
Morganaliticus:

I do not see this happening in the next 30 years. Maybe in some states in advanced countries but definitely not a country like Nigeria where our road networks are still not the best. In fact I don't see self driving cars becoming the standard in the next 30 years. They will be available, but will not be the standard. Even airplanes that have been flying with autopilot at cruising altitude for more than 80 years now still need a pilot and co pilot for take off, landing and emergencies and to monitor the whole cockpit.
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by peterjero(m): 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
inze:

. . . upscale luxury vehicles like the above don't come with such transmission. Some of the peeps that can afford them have little or no knowledge of a stick-shift
That's what I'm saying if these cars were manual it would have been nicer for me though.
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by peterjero(m): 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
abatically:

Why do u need manual transmission on a luxury vehicle? Mercedes Benz s class or maybach never come with manual transmission.
I would have loved it
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by abatically(m): 10:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
peterjero:

I would have loved it

I guess car manufacturers don't expect u to step into a luxury car with posh leather, noisless cabin, state of the art gadgets, hey some of them even have a cool box for ur champagne; and at the end u have to be shifting a stick. Na na.. Imagine how u would look in traffic. I kinda agree with them on this. It takes away the luxury my friend. That is why they have paddle shifters and automated manual.
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by mayor2013: 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
inze:

Don't forget these countries are conservative in terms of finance. . They hardly drive suvs. More tax if they do
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by lonelydora: 3:29am On Nov 10, 2015
inze:

Gbam. Just the truth.
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by Morganaliticus: 7:55am On Nov 10, 2015
abatically:

I do not see this happening in the next 30 years. Maybe in some states in advanced countries but definitely not a country like Nigeria where our road networks are still not the best. In fact I don't see self driving cars becoming the standard in the next 30 years. They will be available, but will not be the standard. Even airplanes that have been flying with autopilot at cruising altitude for more than 80 years now still need a pilot and co pilot for take off, landing and emergencies and to monitor the whole cockpit.

I agree with you, maybe not in the next 30 years, but it seems inevitable though. Maybe my fears are unfounded... I may not even get to live in such a society at all... cool cool
Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by mayor2013: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2015
Morganaliticus:

I agree with you, maybe not in the next 30 years, but it seems inevitable though. Maybe my fears are unfounded... I may not even get to live in such a society at all... cool cool

Haba!! You will probably with grey hairs cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Fears For The Future Of Automobiles by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 12, 2015
There are 1910 vehicles still running around and we are in 2015.

An unrealistic anxiety.

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Car Owners- Must Read ! / Motoring Nigeria Launches Nigeria's First Automobile Magazine- CARVOLUTION'16. / A Good Car For A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.