Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria (21689 Views)

Relocating To Mauritius. / Is It Advisable To Travelled To Mauritius To Hustle / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by linksandtours: 3:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
Mauritius is located in the Indian Ocean, about 2,000 km away from the southeast coast of Africa. Due to the abundance of natural and manmade attractions, Mauritius is considered to be one of the world’s most luxurious tourist destinations. Here are some travel tips on how to travel to Mauritius from Nigeria, mauritius is famous for its beautiful beaches but it’s also a great destination for hiking and climbing.
Visa

They do not presently have an embassy or consulate in Nigeria at the moment but citizens of Nigeria can visit Mauritius without obtaining a visa prior to their travel. A visa on arrival will be issued at the port of entry (airport) valid for two (2) weeks.

Important: all travellers to Mauritius require a valid recognized passport (valid for at least six months beyond the intended period of stay)

All persons going to Mauritius for purposes other than tourism, visit or business need to apply for a Visa/permit before undertaking any travel.
Note:

Any person who stays in Mauritius after the expiry of the period, for which he obtained a visa or entry permit as the case may be, shall commit an offence and shall be liable for prosecution by a Court of Law

Non-citizens travelling to Mauritius as tourists/visitors are not allowed to engage in any gainful activities or apply for extension of visa to follow studies/training courses.

Any person who wishes to seek employment or to engage in any gainful occupation in Mauritius will not be allowed to enter Mauritius unless he is the holder of valid residence permit and a work permit issued by the Mauritian Authorities.

Prospective students are advised to travel to Mauritius only after their application for study/training in Mauritius has been approved.
Non-Citizens coming to celebrate their marriage in Mauritius should comply with the requirements of Civil Status Act.
A non-citizen coming to get married to a Mauritian should fulfill the requirements under the Civil Status Act.

You will be required to show your valid hotel reservations and means of sustenance during the period of stay. Beware, they are also quick to deport using the next available flight and also they have good records of tourist as most hotels share travellers’ information with immigration.
When to travel

Mauritius is exceptionally hot from November to February so consider March/April when it’s warm but at least there are no mosquitoes J .
Hotel

A very good hotel goes for between N9, 000 – N10, 000 per night…you can get it for less if you can do away with some luxurious benefits

Ticket:-Airlines such as South African Airways, Emirates Airlines and Lufthansa can take you to the Island from Nigeria. Fares on the average are N200, 000 – N260, 000 depending on the airline and time of travel.

Food:-Mauritian cuisine is a mix of Indian, Chinese and Arabic, and like every other place, you can have meals both good and bad on the island. Don’t go home without trying a Mauritian spicy fish curry – all the smart hotels serve them (at a price). Look for somewhere patronised by locals and you won’t go far wrong.

General tips:-Make friends with the locals and invite them to come with you on your excursions (admission prices for tourists are also higher than they are for locals).

If you’re not hiring a car, don’t use taxis but go by bus (“tiptops”), which travel all over the island. They’re cheap as chips and offer a wealth of sights, smells and sounds. For the updated info and updates check ...... http://linksandtours.net/how-to-travel-to-mauritius-from-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by maxti: 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
ticket 200k, thats much na cool cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by chukxie(m): 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
Very informative post. Thanks for posting. Mauritius, God willing, I'll see you in February 2016.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by oglalasioux(m): 10:30am On Nov 12, 2015
Good information.

1 Like

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by sashaa(f): 11:16pm On May 12, 2016
Well written, thanx for sharing. Mauritius I'm coming!!!
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by able88(m): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2017
chukxie:
Very informative post. Thanks for posting. Mauritius, God willing, I'll see you in February 2016.
Hello Sir,
Did you later travel to Mauritius?
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by chukxie(m): 11:32am On Apr 22, 2017
able88:

Hello Sir,
Did you later travel to Mauritius?

Hello Sir,
No, I didn't because my wife was nursing our daughter at that time. I still have plans to go there with my family. How are you?

2 Likes

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by able88(m): 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
chukxie:

Hello Sir,
No, I didn't because my wife was nursing our daughter at that time. I still have plans to go there with my family. How are you?
I'm very fine Sir.
I'm just a student, having plans of studying there this year..

1 Like

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by chukxie(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
able88:

I'm very fine Sir.
I'm just a student, having plans of studying there this year..

All the best, bro! May God bless your endeavours !

1 Like

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by able88(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
chukxie:

All the best, bro! May God bless your endeavours !
Bless you too. Thank you..
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by olumig(m): 9:38am On Aug 12, 2017
chukxie:
Tell us how the trip went
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by chukxie(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2017
olumig:
Tell us how the trip went

Hello. I didn't make the trip cos some family issues came up. Mauritius is still in my bucket list.
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by dadsonade7: 10:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
Please is Mauritius in Africa or Asia?

1 Like

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by Francology41: 7:24am On May 25, 2019
It's in Africa

1 Like

Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by ZicOlusegun: 6:47am On Oct 04, 2019
What does it take to live and work in Mauritius ?

I'm planning to relocate.
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by Kelluz: 4:39pm On Feb 07, 2020
I just confirmed from a Mauritius national that is earning 7000 rupee per month and she works 11 hrs ..please I would like to know from a right source that is working in Mauritius if there are jobs that pay higher than that not based on hear say ...7000 rupees is equivalent to 68,000 naira
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by d1maff: 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
How about the business visa? I'm thinking of buying an apartment in Mauritius and i'm afraid the 14 days tourist visa might not be enough to find and conclude a deal on the purchase. Any Idea if the business visa is issued on arrival at the airport too? Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by dav704(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2020
Mauritius comprises of more than 30 islands and islets, each known for its exquisite beauty. The common languages spoken are French and English through the native language of the Island is Creole and the currencies accepted on the Island are Mauritian Rupee and US Dollar.

https://roundtripholidays.com.ng/the-secret-of-mauritius-island/
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by ayobamie0011(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2020
What does it take to live and work in Mauritius ?

I'm planning to relocate.
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by nerilove(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
VistaTravels:

Hi,

Contact my private mail eqquality@gmail.com for all Information on how to live and work in Mauritius.
Account registered today and you've turned to a travel agent. This is scam to me
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by dav704(m): 12:49am On Aug 22, 2020
Re: How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria by Cousin9999: 2:15am On Aug 22, 2020
The population is 70% Indian.

NOPE.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos, Nigeria Featured On Snapchat / Traffic Jam Along Abuja-Keffi Expressway Leaves Commuters Confused (Photos) / China And Ethiopia Ground Boeing 737MAX Fleets After Second Crash In Five Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.