Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila (22081 Views)

Truck Without A Driver Kills A Woman In Anambra (Photos) / One-Way Driver Kills Pedestrian In Lagos (Pictures) / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by BadNews: 7:21am On Mar 25, 2022
Former Commissioner for Environment in Bayelsa State, Professor Sylvanus Abila, has allegedly been killed by a reckless truck driver.

Prof Abila was fixing his vehicle along the East-West road on Wednesday, March 23, when the truck driver ran him over, killing him instantly.

Abila served as commissioner during the administration of Senator Seriake Dickson, pioneer Chairman of Nigeria Bar Association (NBA), Yenagoa Branch and was among those shortlisted for the award of the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) in 2021.

He was a former Head of Law Department and was until his death, an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Law, Niger Delta University.

A Law School lecturer, Sylvester Udemezue, confirmed the said news on Facebook.

“The world is too much with us! Prof Sylvanus Abila of the Law Faculty, Niger Delta University Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State was not even allowed to say goodbye and had no time to adjust to the idea that his loved ones would not be with him anymore," he wrote.

"On 23 March 2022, a careless trailer/truck just came from nowhere and took the life out of a most distinguished Law Teacher and Creative Legal Icon. A Teacher of Teachers. Prof Abila is dead! A quintessential academic,"

"Great Legal Luminary, Amiable Learned Friend, and Devoted Bar Man. Pioneer Chairman of NBA, Yenagoa Branch, he was among those shortlisted for the award of the rank of SAN in 2021.

"Now, Prof Sylvanus Àbila has been caught in the swift, sudden turn of death, once again illustrating the silent, subtle, ever-present perils of life. Rest in peace, sir. We love you. I love you. Adieu."

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/3/reckless-truck-driver-kills-former-bayelsa-commissioner-and-law-professor-shortlisted-for-san-rank-in-2021.html

1 Share

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by MadamVanessa(f): 7:21am On Mar 25, 2022
shocked

Sad

The way most truck drivers drive recklessly and how careless they're in the steering, you'll wonder if these people are humans.

I later learnt that, they reason they act like is that they hardly get hurt or die if they had accident because where the are is very high. So they have this confident that no matter what happens, they'll survive.

RIP to the professor. With all the academic feats he has achieved, he ended in a very cruel way. It's such a sad ending.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by BadNews: 7:25am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

See More Photos Via www.. Com
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Totilopussylick(m): 7:29am On Mar 25, 2022
Majority of truck drivers in Nigeria are unprofessional drivers angry

12 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Totilopussylick(m): 7:33am On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Sad

The way most truck drivers drive recklessly and how careless they're in the steering, you'll wonder if these people are humans.

I later learnt that, they reason they act like that they hardly get hurt or die if they had accident because where the are is very high. So they have this confident that no matter what happen they'll survive.

Most of the truck drivers are fortified with a sophisticated charm.

Some vanished in the incident scene once it happens angry

I have a friend that works with a Dangote cement factory as a driver.

He showed me his charm, he can disappear once things go yabaleft undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Jennyjay283: 7:38am On Mar 25, 2022
Goodness
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by endsarrrs(f): 7:45am On Mar 25, 2022
Totilopussylick:
Most of the truck drivers are fortified with a sophisticated charm.

Some vanished in the incident scene once it happens angry

I have a friend that works with a Dangote cement factory as a driver.

He showed me his charm, he can disappear once things go yabaleft undecided
LIES. There is no such thing as charm/disappearing trash.
WHY DIDN'T SUNDAY IGBOHO DISAPPEAR IN BENIN REPUBLIC PRISON CELL? INSTEAD HE CHICKEND OUT IN HIS IBADAN RESIDENT CLAIMING HE TURNED INTO A CAT(lol) AND ESCAPED WHEN LAW ENFORCEMENT WENT TO ARREST HIM.

NNAMDI KANU SHOULD DISAPPEAR FOR CELL NA. MF Gucci fashion fraudstar

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by bigdammyj: 12:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by mbahdi(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Rip

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by tillaman(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Yeezus
May his soul find rest
And condolence to his family and friends

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Illuminatiship(m): 12:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
cheesy
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by legallyminded: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
RIP Prof
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by KingSatan: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
How many have noticed the sharp increase in sudden death reports?

Only the wise will understand the season.

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by datopaper(m): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2022
So sad! May his soul in peace
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Peace081: 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
So sad
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Moferere: 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Village people undecided
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by owiko(m): 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
RIP Sir
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Xaya: 1:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
So sad
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Sad

I later learnt that, they reason they act like that they hardly get hurt or die if they had accident because where the are is very high. So they have this confident that no matter what happen they'll survive.

truck drivers are careless agreed (many) but that's why I always advocate for safety consciousness in whatever we do. I don't want to blame the lecturer but did he have his caution sign out at a reasonable distance, did he park properly away from the road and did he have his hazard lights on ? These little things might seem insignificant but they go a very long way in ensuring our safety. RIP to the deceased

7 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by Newyorkitis(m): 1:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
May his soul rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Truck Driver Kills Professor Sylvanus Abila by bouncin04(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accident Involving 5 Cars On Kaduna Expressway, 3 Feared Dead (Photos) / Fuel Tanker Crashes And Burns In Aba, Properties Destroyed. PICS / Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.